wii deserve better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i kno call of duty 4 would work great with the zapper nd assassin's creed cuz all the stabbing perfect motion control for the wii i just dont get it if they want to make money i think the wii is the way to go. nd plus they save money cuz they dont hav to put all the high graphics like 360/ps3
nd i mean their putting COD4 nd assassin's creed on the ds y not the wii i think thats messed up

jimbo said:
thas i was trying to say that to :lol:

games like cod4 now wont come out for wii as the developers lazy

i know thats why i quoted you.

1. RE5/RE:UC argument more relevant than any other.
2. Who said others get HOTD4? I thought they werent releasing it yet because its still in arcades?
3. Suck it up.

Yup, its already been said that the original Xbox is still slightly more powerful than the Wii.

Also, i dont really think Xbox is dieing out, if you noticed, Wii wasn't the only one to sell out. So was Xbox Arcade and Xbox Elite, they're both back ordered in gamestop. Xbox Pro you can still get though.

thas has alot of good points and I agree with him

btw AoW, you're stupid to say that Xbox and PS3 is basically the same system with newer graphics because thats how almost all consoles are! N64 and Gamecube were the same, except better graphics. Gamecube and Wii are the same, except new controls. Stop comparing becaue its pointless.

This is the problem, graphics MATTER. You may act like it doesn't but it does. Graphics has a "oooh ahhh, shiney" effect to it, but graphics make the experience alot better. Playing MoH: H2 is nothing like playing Call of Duty 4, there is a certain feel to it because its alot more realistic. Most people don't want to stay at the same as years go by, they want better. I sure as hell don't want a 5 pound cell phone like back in the days.

Also its not just about graphics, believe it or not the Xbox and PS3 can support alot more things going on in the screen without the framerate dropping because its not just better graphics, the system itself is faster. I can go on and on with lots of reasons why developers like making games on PS3 and Xbox over the Wii but it would take forever. Thats Wii's downside to the console. Its essentially "you get what you pay for" $250 for old graphics and new controls, or $270-$500 for better graphics, music player, dvd player, blue ray player, downloadable content, ability to install expansions on the hard drive. You pay for something cheap, you get something cheap, same as buying a used car.

ok......am i the only person who thinks medal of honor heroes 2 graphics are good....i mean i fer one hav no complaints about them just like any other game i hav graphics on the wii fer me are fine its just the only people who hav problems with them are people who dont even have them.
nd yes the wii's cheaper then the other systems but i'd rather pay 250 to hav more fun then a system im payin 350+ for

You guys are reading into it too much, the Wii is just a great console with a good future, stick with it and you'll have alot to choose from. Its barely been a year, and we've already got tons of great games and features. Just give it some time.

good thinking. i guess with the select great games already out for the wii, we can expect loads of improvement in 2008!

zap'em up said:
ok......am i the only person who thinks medal of honor heroes 2 graphics are good....i mean i fer one hav no complaints about them just like any other game i hav graphics on the wii fer me are fine its just the only people who hav problems with them are people who dont even have them.
nd yes the wii's cheaper then the other systems but i'd rather pay 250 to hav more fun then a system im payin 350+ for

Yeah, exactly. To each his own. You can pay $250 and have all the fun in the world. Hell I have all consoles and I still have fun with Wii games. But you cant expect to pay $250 for a console with inferior graphics and expect game developers to want to make a game for it. You only want to invest $250? Fine, you will get games that are worth your investment. Can't expect to pay $250 and have what PS3/Xbox has.

Game developers look at it this way (and I would too, if I developed games)

- Develop a game with inferior graphics that everyone has seen for the Wii, but with a different style of controls

OR

- Develop games with great "up-to-date" graphics, meanwhile being able to release new downloadable content and/or release expansion packs (e.g. Shivering Isles, Nights of the nine , Halo 2 mappack, etc.)

If you really want those things, then cough up $20 more an Xbox (wow thats a big difference) or hell even $100 (Price of 2 Wii games) more for Xbox Pro with HDD.

Whats wierd is the average white family (which, lets face it, most of you are) are middle class citizens living in the suburbs. You guys CAN afford it. You (or your parents) just decide to for the cheaper console. Which im sure if its your parents they could give a rats ass what games are released as long as it helps them save money.

But me... Im a lower class puerto rican citizen who's parents never went to high school. Therefore I had to save my own money and I still own all 3 consoles and my own car while paying for college. So al you can do is hope developers make good games for your console, not claim you "deserve" better, when you decided to buy the cheap console yourself.

good point
but i didnt buy the wii cuz it wuz the cheapest i looked at it from this point of view
it wuz between 360 or the wii nd i choose the wii cuz in the long run i knew it would be worth it nd i knew i would be having more fun. the only console that i dont wanna spend money on is the ps3 cuz lets face it im not gunna cough up 500 bucks jus fer graphics nd a few good games.

AoWFraggit said:
seriously, what is with game developers being so dam biased toward the wii? sure, it may not have HD, but it's graphics are still pretty impressive. not to mention it's sexy controls.

I agree, it's pretty frustrating but i'd also be interested to know how much of that is affected by the Wii's motion sensing, the Wii's most prized possession. Keep in mind that the other consoles don't need to make use of that (or aren't capable).

This is part of a comment I made in another thread on this site. I thought I would be better to quite it here than to write a whole new reply that essentaly says the same thing.

This quote points out why I believe the wii is being shortchanged when it come to getting quality games made for it.

"The biggest flaw with the wii is it being vastly underpowered compared to the PS360. This inherent flaw affects how it is being perceived by gamers and developers alike; it is seen as a child's toy, not worth doing any quality work for. Not worth being taken seriously. That is why we see mountains of shovelware put on the wii. They figure wii owners are just little kids who's mamma and daddy bought then a toy for Christmas or for their birthday. They see those who bought the machine as ignorant. They don't see us as discriminating consumers who know and appreciate good quality in games. After all, didn't we choose an inferior product?" (...)

"With alla this said. I still love my wii and enjoy it a lot, but I accept it for what it is, it is the wii, flaws and all. I think most of us need to accept it for what it is and move on. I think it's time to, it has been a year already. And if you or I cannot accept this fact, than I and others can go buy a 360 and/or a PS3. After all, I believe the wii was originaly mean't to compliment its more powerfull relatives." (...)

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/43298-wii-fail-life-wait-what-caution-page2.html#post771461

nd i'd rather have great 1st party games made directly by nintendo then have 3rd party games cuz nintendo made mario, link, metroid, and all of them nd those names are wat started gaming so as long as we still get mario games, zelda games, metroid games im content fer shure

zap'em up said:
nd i'd rather have great 1st party games made directly by nintendo then have 3rd party games cuz nintendo made mario, link, metroid, and all of them nd those names are wat started gaming so as long as we still get mario games, zelda games, metroid games im content fer shure

that combined with the sega titles which most of which are now exclusive nintendo its on for a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back