Wii hits 1 Million units sold

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Im sure most of you heard that over the weekend Wii launched across Japan.

A report via forbes confirmed Japan had breezed through approximately 400,000 units by noon of the first day!

That total is believed to be the same amount Nintendo of America had ready for their launch.

Coupled with earlier reports of some 600,000 units sold across North America, Nintendo are believed to have hit the 1 million units mark.

With the Australian and European release dates just around the corner Nintendo still have a long way to go to hit their prediction of some 4 million units before the year ends.

Link: http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2006/12/03/afx3223166.html

Cool, I was hoping for some confirmation of high sales from the Wii, but I just hope these large sales don't affect me getting my Wii in the future :lol: I sort of hope it doesn't rub off on the UK (though I know it will) just because that'll give me more security on me getting my Wii, as I haven't recieved confirmation yet, but I know that the Wii will do better and better, and the sales of it will continue to increase easily.

P.S i0n check PM's perleez :) just to keep Mikey happy :D reply too ;) / ignore me :crazy:

Last edited:
good deal

that's impressive. i expected the wii to sell quite well, but this is getting a bit out of hand. i am still reading that people wait in line for wiis when a new shipment arrives. seems like they keep selling out each and every week. if this momentum keeps up, then there is no stopping them. nintendo could easily take the top spot among this generation of game consoles.

we will only know for sure once the wii launches in europe and austrailia. if they sell out there like here and japan, then that's a step in the right direction. after initial launches, and after the holiday, we will see what happens.

to compare (warning these are not official numbers, but rather a speculation) :

xbox 360- 7,960,946 units sold

sony ps3- 369,242 units sold

nintendo wii- 1,165,001 units sold

nork said:
that's impressive. i expected the wii to sell quite well, but this is getting a bit out of hand. i am still reading that people wait in line for wiis when a new shipment arrives. seems like they keep selling out each and every week. if this momentum keeps up, then there is no stopping them. nintendo could easily take the top spot among this generation of game consoles.

we will only know for sure once the wii launches in europe and austrailia. if they sell out there like here and japan, then that's a step in the right direction. after initial launches, and after the holiday, we will see what happens.

to compare (warning these are not official numbers, but rather a speculation) :

xbox 360- 7,960,946 units sold

sony ps3- 369,242 units sold

nintendo wii- 1,165,001 units sold

Yeah it seems as though the Wii has become more popular then expected, and I recon before end of the year, the amount of Wii sales will double, but why are people so interested? I think it's 'cause of the Wiimote, because to be honest, when I first saw the controller, I was sort of weirded out by it, and wanted to learn more about it 'cause I thought it was stupid, then I saw Wii Sports and immediately loved it! Which I recon happened to a lot of Wii lovers, and I'm sure anyone who knows anything about the Wii, knows something about Wii Sports, or at least has heard the prospects of how the controller relates to it, even my friends who don't really know anything about the Wii, except the fact that I'm getting one know about Wii Sports, making 'hilarious' jokes about how I should watch out for 'Wii Elbow' (instead of Tennis elbow) so I feel the popularity wouldn't be anything as close as this, if it wasn't for the b-e-a-utiful controller, and the game I'm looking forward to playing the most - Wii Sports.

well you can add atleast 30,000 from Australia. (thats how much as been pre ordered) Not alot to you guys but its alot here. Considering the fastest selling console was the x360 which sold 30,000 in 4 days. Wii is doing that on preorder so its gonna wipe the floor with the x360 sales

Lets hope they put all that lovely profit back into the wii and bringing us lots of more great game play and gadets

:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Whoa....Go Nintendo...It hit the million mark that fast?Good job Nintendo..And people please enjoy playing with your Wiis..

Back