Wii hits 1 Million units sold

Last paragraph of the Forbes.com article said:
Nintendo... shipped nearly 400,000 consoles, about four times as many as Sony... Computer Entertainment Inc did for its first shipment of PlayStation 3 machines, but it failed to meet the strong demand, the Nikkei said.
So the big N shipped 4 times as many Wiis as Sony did PS3s, and yet they STILL failed to meet the demand for them? Holy freaking crap.

Hi,

i am not sure how the Wii will be received in Spain. They only thing I found surpricely is that the Only Store who does pr-order is Toys R Us. The rest of the big supermarkets (Corte Ingles, Hipercor, Al Campo, Carrefour) don´t have a way to pre-order.
Toys R Us, says if you pre-order, they will give you some accessories, whatever that can be I might ask...

Anyway, I hope there will be some left when I pick up mine next saturday (friday is a national holiday)......

yep, just 10 days ago I heard something about the Wii, just 9 days ago I bought a Magazine with a DVD of the Wii (videos, presentacion,..)...and now I want top buy one.... so I can play together with the family.....

Anybody remember the handheld games of Nintendo, back in the Eighties?????

Small but Powerfull!!!!!

Let us get that 4 million!!!!! Together!!!!

This is fantastic news and it certainly seems like the trend will continue.

in touch with the wii said:
whoa man not even ps3 has sold that many lol wii is a shoe in to win the war

However, I think it's way too early to be comparing figures with the PS3. Sony can only sell as many as they can get out, and they struggled to get near 100,000 out in Japan for launch.

I still think that Wii may well win the war, but let's see how things are in a few months when all of the major consoles are fully available worldwide and not suffering from hardware shortages.

helmboy_nige said:
This is fantastic news and it certainly seems like the trend will continue.

However, I think it's way too early to be comparing figures with the PS3. Sony can only sell as many as they can get out, and they struggled to get near 100,000 out in Japan for launch.

I still think that Wii may well win the war, but let's see how things are in a few months when all of the major consoles are fully available worldwide and not suffering from hardware shortages.

I think you are right. Remeber the GAMEBOY in 1989. I bought it, althought the Lynx (Atari) and GameGear (Sega), where more powerfull in GFX and Sound, the GB just won, because it had those games that you said "oh boy... let me try it jus ONE more time" and three hours later you were still playing Tetris or MArioland.... That is just great from Nintendo.... I own a couple of powerfull PC´s. And yes, you can get the games from Emule. But still, after 1 hour playing O got enough. Most of the manufacturies think that GFX is important. And the most important thing is Gameplay, not GFX. And seeing the GFX of the Wii, I almost may say that they are slighty better that the PS2 or Xbox, and less that the X360/PS3..... But then again, don´t compare a Ferrari with a Volvo....

I believe in the Gameplay. and the new controller just swept me away. And i am sure it will do the same to my little girl and my wife..... maybe I will even show it to my mother in law (hihihi):D

I just can´t wait to see a Star Wars game coming out....... Lightsaber = Controller....... Now where did I hide my Darthvader lightsaber when I was just 8 years old :D

Johny

Aye, totally agree. For me it's gameplay first, graphics second.

Does anyone know how many units Europe is getting at launch?

Wii shipment

Has anyone heard of the wii being sold tomorrow at walmarts at 8:00? Does anyone no of any other stores receiving more shipments? I live in Schenectady NY. PLEASE HELP!!!!

helmboy_nige said:
Aye, totally agree. For me it's gameplay first, graphics second.

Does anyone know how many units Europe is getting at launch?

I tried to find something, but no luck.... But as they say they want to sell 4 millions in 2006.... So I guess maybe 1 millions units will be shipped for Europe. Could I be wrong?

I just called the supermarket and they sai that they do not do pre-orders. And that the first who buys is the first who gets.....
The store opens at 10.00..... Maybe I should go at 9 a.m. already.... :zzz:

Ok...ok...just 4 nights... I can do that......I just got to get some :sleep: before..... Oh boy... I want that Wii so much.......

In theory they could make 4 million by the end of 2006. I personally think they'll make a little over 3 million. It'll be easier to guage next week. Those PS3 numbers are pathetic. Sony may share Sega's fate, and what's worse is they may sell fewer units than the DC.

Awesome going. Can't wait to see figures once the Wii is released worldwide.

Also, I hope next Christmas I remember to take a look then as it will be very interesting to see how each console sold once the initial rush is over.

You´r Right. Would be great to have a look back to see how they did all three. Still I believe that the Wii will do very well. It has some great Plusses: It is nintendo= garanty for good addictive games + inovation, great price, it is for everybody from 3Y till 99y old! And it seems that they are aiming at the "let us ALL play" instead of the competition: Playing alone.
I will buy it for those reasons, as for great GFX I use my PSP or PC. I hope that with the Wii I can play together with my little girl some tennis, etc....

Johny

I just got an article that in Japon they sold 350.358 in the first two days. While with the gamecube that number was 130.000 Units.
they also sold 1,80 games for each unit sold (remember in japon it doesn´t come with a free game) While with the PS3 it was 0,82 game for each machine they sold. Mhhhhhh that sounds great.......

hi,everyone!!!!

hi!! does anyone know when Wii cames to Europe?? i can't wait to buy it!! ri heard that it's in the 8th December, is that true???:D :D :D

Back