Wii hits 1 Million units sold

yes thats a basically over veiw of their "planned" market strategy

but i dont think its going 2 great with sony cause the ps3 came out really expecive with an insufficiant supply of games only making such a system delectable to hardcore sony gamers

sagema said:
Nintendo should be higher, and Sony should actually be lower. Microsoft is also high up there. I'm guessing these numbers will be more accurate next month. They do seem close to accurate now. I just question the current amounts.

If you click refresh he seems to have it on a counter(not always accurate). I know for a fact Nintendo is producing 3x more units than Sony, and every Wii currently placed out in stores sells within minutes. I don't think he's basing it off units produced.

Only reason Xbox360 has sold so many, is because they had a +365 day advantage.

Nintendo's over 4 million! It's official! They should have around 6 million by March. So by July/August they should break 10 million. It looks like Nintendo is making a pace of 1 million units sold per month.

End of 2007 Estimates
Wii 18-20 Million
360 13-15 Million
PS3 3-5 Million

sagema said:
Nintendo's over 4 million! It's official! They should have around 6 million by March. So by July/August they should break 10 million. It looks like Nintendo is making a pace of 1 million units sold per month.

End of 2007 Estimates
Wii 18-20 Million
360 13-15 Million
PS3 3-5 Million

even though I'm a Wii fan and a couple of my friends had bought it already and few of them are still thinking. 18-20million for Wii is still a bit bold prediction as the demand should slow in coming months and PS3 should reach 10 million by the end of 2007 when PS3 release in the Europe. By the way, Sony is really ripping off UK and european customer big time. I can get a HK version for only 60% of the UK proposed price for 60gig but they problem is locked to HK region, hope some ppl can provide the crack on region locking. No wonder they have to region lock everything.

These are estimates given by the companies. 10 million units sold by 2007? Sony will be lucky to sell 10 million by 2009. They simply can't drop the system price for 4 years. That will cost them the wars. Sony's sales have halted at 1.2 million units sold. Europe isn't going to extend those sales much further than that.

The better question is how many people globally will pay $600(Even at $500 you count tax, cost of a single game you still get over $600) for a game system?

Last edited:
jbitzel said:
I guess alot of you are prepubescent kids who know nothing about economics. I am a supporter of Wii but we won't know anything about sales untill supply meets demand this year. Since Wii and PS3 have sold out and Nintendo has shipped more units then it is obvious that is seems that Wii is winning but I don't even know if Sony has even produced 1 million units yet... so lets wait and see. I personally want Wii to do well so it will garner more 3rd party support, and I think it will do well because if my son wanted a $600 gaming system I would tell him to ask Santa.... lol

Haha PS3 sold out? You kidding me it's like left on the shelf.

Same here.
At My local GameStop, they have quite a few 360s and PS3s but no Wiis.
It's definitely saying something.

Back