Wii hits 1 Million units sold

rtr1900 said:
I just got an article that in Japon they sold 350.358 in the first two days. While with the gamecube that number was 130.000 Units.
they also sold 1,80 games for each unit sold (remember in japon it doesn´t come with a free game) While with the PS3 it was 0,82 game for each machine they sold. Mhhhhhh that sounds great.......

0.82 game per machine for PS3? Ppl were clearly not buying for their own use but make money. Those are investors not consumers.

bondbond611 said:
0.82 game per machine for PS3? Ppl were clearly not buying for their own use but make money. Those are investors not consumers.

Believe it or not the 360 averages 5 games per console which as broke the record of 2.

Anyway i reckon a few 100,000 wii's have been sold today. :yikes: awsume emotions btw.

Nintendo should be higher, and Sony should actually be lower. Microsoft is also high up there. I'm guessing these numbers will be more accurate next month. They do seem close to accurate now. I just question the current amounts.

If you click refresh he seems to have it on a counter(not always accurate). I know for a fact Nintendo is producing 3x more units than Sony, and every Wii currently placed out in stores sells within minutes. I don't think he's basing it off units produced.

Last edited:
I agree sagema people who really want PS3 are refraining from buying it and instead buying the cheaper Xbox360 (not even giving the Wii a chance) because they want the PS3 price to go down and more games to come that is when PS3 sales are gonna soar

Yes, I've followed this figures closely and we can just ignore PS3 for now as they are still hit by supply problem.

But i'm really questioning the figure of Xbox 360 as they are powering ahead by selling 7.3m units more than Wii now from 6.8m units at one point last month. i want a Wii....

sales

I guess alot of you are prepubescent kids who know nothing about economics. I am a supporter of Wii but we won't know anything about sales untill supply meets demand this year. Since Wii and PS3 have sold out and Nintendo has shipped more units then it is obvious that is seems that Wii is winning but I don't even know if Sony has even produced 1 million units yet... so lets wait and see. I personally want Wii to do well so it will garner more 3rd party support, and I think it will do well because if my son wanted a $600 gaming system I would tell him to ask Santa.... lol

i think its pretty obvious wii is going to do better in the long run
i was at my local eb games, and they were out of wiis, and had 5 ps3s

pepper said:
i think its pretty obvious wii is going to do better in the long run
i was at my local eb games, and they were out of wiis, and had 5 ps3s

Ya, my EB Games had signs up saying they have several PS3's in stock when I went in yesterday. I asked them about it and they said they've gotten in like 10 PS3's since Christmas and only sold 3 of them; they asked me if I wanted one and I said Noooo thanks, and then he said "I agree with you", lol.

It's still early in the year. Nintendo needs to sell at least 4 million more units to fight Microsoft officially for first place. Personally I think this year will be Microsoft trying to hold it's lead over Nintendo. Unlike Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft can last years upon years of profit loss. It means they can hold onto higher game prices, production costs, and muscle out the small 3rd party developers.

Back