Wii in danger of repeating the Gamecube?

Bliss said:
EDIT;;; to raisinghelen....relax there buddy....Godfather..rather play it on a ps same as scrface and RE4 was great for the wii, manhunt 2 is ok, camera angles and reaction time still sucks as the first. havent played MOH yet nor RE: UC...BUT ANY MY WHOLE POINT IS NINTENDO ITSELF BUDDY, dont jump in unless u know wats goin on...i said nintendos PRIME games are all cartoon like...wat u just said is all 3rd party games.....and yes i am not a ssbb fan
You were saying there were no third party games so i pointed out a few that are third party and not cartoony just as a bonus. Personally i prefer Godfather on Wii because its more fun actually making punch and strangle motions than it is just pressing an 'X' button repeatedly but each to their own i guess.

I wouldnt say that MP3 is cartoon like (being the closest thing to a Nintendo IP even if its second party), no more so than the original Halo really. Zelda TP isnt overally cartoony either. Most Nintendo IPs are cartoon based though but thats because there were no HD graphics back in the days of the NES and SNES when these IPs were created so it made sense to keep it more cartoony. Plus the big N has always put family values first.

Its kind of ironic that arguably the best game on PS3 so far is Ratchet & Clank which is a cartoon character type game, given that you dislike cartoony games.

Its also funny that the 360 adverts now try to give a sense of people coming together to play, just like the Wii adverts do. Guess they want to be a part of the fad too eh.

ally_uk said:
I'm sick of seeing rushed titles like Red steel , Soul Caliber legends and crappy film cash in's

sorry to say...but!! it's soo stupid to believe that wii will be another game cube!! wii suffers from supply problems?? hellow??

also RedSteel is a cool game and sold over 1 million..... - that's exactly what Soul Calibur Legends is going to achieve as well!! :)

the reviews are stupid, scl is too popular, and also, user reviews give grades like 9.0 or 8.5... (i don't know how many time i've repeated that!! )

Ok I got to chime in on this....

I own a shitload of consoles, tons of them Nintendo, and probably had 15-20 N64's at one time(tons of funtastic and gold systems) and I love all the consoles out there for different reasons. I got the Wii the day before thanksgiving and tried it out and ehh its ok. I got Zelda TP(huge fan), SMG, Strikers, MOHH2, and I have yet to pick up the remote since that day. The Gamecube was fired up to try and complete Zelda WW before I start TP, and Im just not that excited to game on the Wii. Im not a big fan of the movement thing and the sacrifice of buttons might help drown the Wii a bit on top of its early 2k graphics. Its like the Wii has to dumb down games a bit due to the lack of button control. Ide rather push a button to reload rather than flick my wrist sometimes twice if it didnt register, and the button will be much more responsive. I think the Wiimote is lacking and I dont know if they can get past that fault. I dont own a PS3 and dont see a need for one ATM, but I do enjoy the 360 a lot. Ill probably find a place in my heart for the Wii, but I dont think it can rise past the 360. Yes its a good system, but it should have stepped up the hardware a lot and it could have a true stronghold in the market, but after this holiday I think it will tire on people quickly. Kid and adult friendly, YES, but adult longevity looks a bit dim IMO. Maybe more seat time will swing my thoughts, which would be a great thing!

Question, in Madden can you do everything you can do in the 360 as far as controls are concerned? I mean Madden you can practically control the cheerleaders in the game!

OK time for some PaRappa the Rapper on the PS1! :cool:

the wii control points and works perfectly for me, for every game..

i the wii remote seems to be "lacking" for you, it means you have not use it correctly, or you have set up wrong...lolz... ;p

$J-MONEY$ said:
I got Zelda TP(huge fan), SMG, Strikers, MOHH2, and I have yet to pick up the remote since that day.

Im not a big fan of the movement thing and the sacrifice of buttons might help drown the Wii a bit on top of its early 2k graphics. Its like the Wii has to dumb down games a bit due to the lack of button control. Ide rather push a button to reload rather than flick my wrist sometimes twice if it didnt register, and the button will be much more responsive. I think the Wiimote is lacking and I dont know if they can get past that fault.
You should give it more of a chance than just a quick play. When i played Zelda TP and SMG they brought back the N64 feeling as they play just as beautifully as their N64 predecessors did. Perhaps you will appreciate them more when you do try playing them again. Even if you never play the Wii again, WiiSports is always great to have for an adults party.

I understand the Wiimote issue as it dosent work for all games (although i think the controls are fine on all the games you mentioned so maybe try practising using them a bit with WiiSports). The answer is for developers to offer more control options, such as SSBB allowing both Wiimote and standard controller options. The games i like best though are ones that really use the Wiimote well (such as Trauma Center) and dont just tack them on.

raisinghelen said:
You should give it more of a chance than just a quick play. When i played Zelda TP and SMG they brought back the N64 feeling as they play just as beautifully as their N64 predecessors did. Perhaps you will appreciate them more when you do try playing them again. Even if you never play the Wii again, WiiSports is always great to have for an adults party.

I understand the Wiimote issue as it dosent work for all games (although i think the controls are fine on all the games you mentioned so maybe try practising using them a bit with WiiSports). The answer is for developers to offer more control options, such as SSBB allowing both Wiimote and standard controller options. The games i like best though are ones that really use the Wiimote well (such as Trauma Center) and dont just tack them on.

Ok I sat down with the Wii for a good bit tonight and I enjoyed it a lot more than the first outing. Im getting used to it a bit more, but the pointing seems a bit lacking in accuracy for me. I was one of the top CTF players in UT way back when with KB/mouse. Im just establishing a reference of my hand/eye coordination and not bragging. Im not nearly that good with the remote, but can my skills be improved, or is the fact that the remote is IR based aiming will there always be dead band, and lag? I really can play FPS games! :smilewinkgrin:

My Wii runs though a 50" Samsung DLP TV. It just seems like the remote trails behind a bit and is slow movement wise for me. Its not as connected like my mouse is and Im not expecting it to be that perfect. I hope Ill get better the more I use it. Im not abandoning the Wii, but I can already see lots of room for improvement! Thats for another thread though!

$J-MONEY$ said:
Ok I sat down with the Wii for a good bit tonight and I enjoyed it a lot more than the first outing. Im getting used to it a bit more, but the pointing seems a bit lacking in accuracy for me.
Glad you enjoyed it more. :) SMG gets better the further you get too.

I find the pointer very accurate, not perhaps as precise as a mouse because a mouse works on a solid surface unlike the Wiimote that has hand and body movements making a difference. Maybe try moving your sensor bar up or down and see if that makes it any better. I havent got MOH Heroes 2 yet but it is supposed to have controls that beat Metroid Prime 3 (which i do own) and that has superb controls (especially with the advanced setting), they are much better than a joystick and very close to equalling a mouse IMO.

You have a few options, be content with what Nintendo, and the the third party developers are offering you, or sell up and move on to another console.

Super Paper Mario for example has conventional controls, along with the interaction the Wiimote gives by doing the search light.

Nintendo has always produced a lot of its systems games itself, theres nothing new there. The third party developers are taking their time but theres things coming out all the time. Games may be getting put back but at least they aren't being abandoned all together.

You also don't have to buy the party/"kiddy" games, but it just shows that the market it quite big for this console.

ally_uk said:
Wii in danger of repeating the Gamecube?
OMG.....this thread is pointless!!

wii sold over 600 000 last week, and it increase even more until christmas!!

you know what will happen if this continues until christmas???
this means GAME OVER for xbox360 and ps3!!! WII will rock you!!

ps: well, mayby is not the end for ps3, but for xbox360.... ;p

lenitao3 said:
OMG.....this thread is pointless!!

wii sold over 600 000 last week, and it increase even more until christmas!!

you know what will happen if this continues until christmas???
this means GAME OVER for xbox360 and ps3!!! WII will rock you!!

ps: well, mayby is not the end for ps3, but for xbox360.... ;p

the console war is FAR from over...it only has just begun

Bliss said:
the console war is FAR from over...it only has just begun

that's true, but xbox360 is last in sales in most places.....so if nothing better occurs in this christmas...i'm very afraid that it will fail....

ps3 has started to pass xbox360 in europe..that's good for ps3 and very bad for xbox360...

anyway, wii is on the top....and it won't be easy to be defeated!!
(remember that no mario cart wii, super smash brawl or wii fit is out yet!!)

lenitao3 said:
that's true, but xbox360 is last in sales in most places.....so if nothing better occurs in this christmas...i'm very afraid that it will fail....

ps3 has started to pass xbox360 in europe..that's good for ps3 and very bad for xbox360...

anyway, wii is on the top....and it won't be easy to be defeated!!
(remember that no mario cart wii, super smash brawl or wii fit is out yet!!)

very true, but also got to put into mind that playstations top game for the ps2 hasnt dropped yet for the ps3 which is socom...all in all though is gonna be almost impossible to catch the wii if it keeps up at this rate..and as for xbox they are pretty much done, they dropped there main featured game (halo 3) and still find themselves at the bottom.

Bliss said:
so ur tellin me without 3rd party help u will be content with ur wii? Not me. There is no way i am goin to sit there and play "kiddie" games everyday cuz we all know thats wat nintendo is known for. and not all video game systems are fads...take the ps2 for example i can bet any amount of money that people who have one are still playing theres..i know i am....:lol: i just find this funny cuz im having the same debate in 2 different threads...but if u go to the other thread i think its call where is the 3rd party love or something i quoted Miyamoto and he stated how the Wii IS the gamecube.

This is exactly why I'm selling my Wii. I thought it would be super sweet, but I now realize that kiddie games is all that I would have access to. I'm 24 and I don't want that. Nintendo thinks all of its users are 13 year olds and makes any type of online use a challenge. If the Wii had better internet stuff I think I would like it more. Maybe I'm bailing ship too early with WiiWare coming out... but I look at the other consoles and they seem to be more up my alley.

I'm looking at the Xbox Elite with 120gb Hdd and Wireless Headset.

My Wii for sale:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300176974314

Back