Wii should get "surprised" tomorrow

yea that really would be sick, but in another aspect i cant really see it at all.

I dont think its the SSBB online play cause reggie mentions SSBB later in the interview in relation to online play. The suprise is something to do with wiiconnect 24

Maybe they will release a channel dedicated to online Voice Servers to accomadate all of these upcoming online games. They would also release a headset for the wii. I'm getting myself excited... shame on me.

It has got to be something big. Real big, if they're planning on pulling attention away from Halo 3. Me, I'm exited! But, if there is no surprise, or a horrible one, I'll seriously crack up. Just thinking about all those pissed people makes me want to laugh:lol:

Hi. Havnt been on here for a while, and what im about to tell you is actually the reason im on here.

This morning the official nintendo of europe website (www.nintendo-europe.com) announced that the forums on the website have been closed permanently. (they had been temporarily shut for the last couple of months due to 'security') Currently the website is under construction. This happens quite a lot. Usually we have a long paragraph about apologies, and coming back soon etc. However now we have just one sentence:

"The Community has been closed. For more information, click here."

"clicking here" simply refreshes the page. The fact that the message is differant suggests that the update will be differant (rather than some technical thing behind the scenes). Personally i am hoping for a way to convert stars to wii points. (I dont know if US/Japan have this- when we europeans buy a game/console we get stars, and we can buy things in a catalogue- usually only wallpapers, mobile ringtones etc. occasionally there are games for sale which sell out in an hour or two). They have already said that we will be able to purchase wii points 'in the near future', several months ago.

This is of course hopeful guessing. If US and Japan do not have stars then it is unlikely that this will be our 'big surprise'. Though i will be checking the Nintendo-Europe website frequently today and tomorrow for any updates.

Sorry thats such a long message lol.

ok well if that is true about the wii points then nintendo had better prepare for some serious vc activity because theres alot of people with alot of stars out there , hope it happens , cant see it though , unless exchange rate is 1000 to 10 or something

Well this is what annoys me. nintendo have already said that you will be able to convert stars to wii points, but havnt got round to doing it yet. Obviously they could come up with a silly ratio of 1000 stars for 100 wii points. Doing the maths im predicting a 3000 stars for 2000 wii point ration (based on how many stars previous things have sold for)

Also if you go here: http://wiiportal.nintendo-europe.com/23.html

You can read that:

"Also, if you are a registered member of the Nintendo of Europe website (www.nintendo.co.uk) you can purchase Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue. By registering Nintendo products (such as a Wii console and software) you are awarded Stars that you can exchange for various goodies, including Wii Points.**"

but also that "**Purchasing of Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue will be available at a later date."

tbh i doubt this is the surprise. Firstly, it's not a surprise- they've already confirmed they will do it. secondly, its only in Europe. Though perhaps they will do this and the 'surprise' at the same time?

I never register my games. God, now I'm going to have to go through all my cupboards to find all my stars...

The surprise is bound to be big.
I really hope it ends up being big, or like others have said, if it is not I will be quite disappointed.

Back