Wii Updates

I have just finished the update... I have now got a clock and it said about the parental controls being updated and but what else has changed?? I have noticed nothing different about the blue disk slot!!

Last edited:
Evolve82 said:
I have just finished the update... I have now got a clock and it said about the parental controls being updated and but what else has changed?? I have noticed nothing different about the blue disk slot!!

The note there just says that parental controls are available. It's just a reminder to parents. Nothing with the parent controls was actually changed, they show that after every update.

I think Nintendo is doing the right thing here. They aren't focusing on releasing the latest and greatest applications but rather perfecting the Wii interface before moving on. I applaud you, Nintendo. But this update should do it. I think it filled all the holes that i've seen like in the address book and the LED light and the clock is very nice. So I say it's safe to start making new app's now. Like a voice chat feature or IM with a small keyboard or something.

BTW, I saw in the parent controls something about limiting "person-to-person" communications...

very nice and handy update...the notice about the modded wii's might just be to scare people, or it might affect them u never know! if you had a modded wii, would you risk it? the message was something like '...If your Wii console has an unauthorized technical modification, this upgrade could cause inoperability of your console.'

So what has changed about the LED (i assume this is the blue glow) in the disk slot? I an see nothing different! Someone please explain!

Oh yeah... what is a modded Wii?

sorry if this one is old

did you notice when you got a message it make sounds now

Evolve82 said:
So what has changed about the LED (i assume this is the blue glow) in the disk slot? I an see nothing different! Someone please explain!

Oh yeah... what is a modded Wii?

modded Wii are Wii using mod-chips

CrowTRobot said:
I didn't get a message that it might affect modded Wii's. Maybe it was only sent to people that actually have a modded Wii?

I dont have a modded wii but got the warning after a failed update.

Spyro said:
I think Nintendo is doing the right thing here. They aren't focusing on releasing the latest and greatest applications but rather perfecting the Wii interface before moving on. I applaud you, Nintendo. But this update should do it. I think it filled all the holes that i've seen like in the address book and the LED light and the clock is very nice. So I say it's safe to start making new app's now. Like a voice chat feature or IM with a small keyboard or something.

With a company the size of Nintendo, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they have enough programmers to be able to work on systems updates and new applications and game simultaneously.

There's still one giant issue yet to be addressed: The ability to run VC games directly off of an SD card, USB hard drive, or USB flash drive. Someday somehow they will need to address the need for more storage space.

I like the weather and news updates myself. The clock is...ugly though. I wouldn't mind it if it was the same font/look as the date text.

I agree!!! More storage will be needed! I hope that they will open that up with the Wii Ware when it starts up... At least the SD card, but I would prefer to use a USB external drive.

I was hoping for a chat channel. I'm not sure why Nintendo gave us this update out of no where. I'm glad they did, but it would be more of an advantage if we knew in advance. I really want to know if they'll add in a chat channel this year (wishful thinking).

Back