Wii Updates

did anyone experience the problems about the internet connection gone wrong yesterday?

the news on the news channel is awesome
cant wait for the message saying wii ware is ready for download though :p

I still haven't gotten the message from Nintendo..but I updated my Wii last night when I found out there was an update.

wii shop channel dosent work :( it just says error code 209600 (i think) please try again

p.s. the internet channel has bigger spaces in the t9 input

bonodo said:
wii shop channel dosent work :( it just says error code 209600 (i think) please try again

I've had this once today - for the rest of the time it doesn't even seem to get this far - it just sits at the the 'connecting. please wait...' screen without timing out.

I thought that maybe it was just down to the amount of traffic.

bloomin' annoying but.

i got all the other thing from the update but i still don't see the diff of the shop channel and what do you mean by wiiware the thing you download wii stuff or something else

The only difference to the shop title was the added "Recommended Titles" list which you can see when you open up the Shop Channel. I also believe you can now search for games by typing the game you want into a box now. Not completely sure though. I've just completed downloading the update.

Skippy said:
The note there just says that parental controls are available. It's just a reminder to parents. Nothing with the parent controls was actually changed, they show that after every update.
WRONG! there's a thing about contacting people just added

Meh, not too exciting imo. I was hoping for a new channel when I saw the LED pulsing.

FYI, I know for a fact that the LED flashed when ejecting/putting in disks before this update.

I know for a fact my wii did not turn on the blue light when inserting/ejecting a game.... Only when it was turned on or a message was waiting.

^It didnt pulse, it just kinda blinked. Idk, maybe not. I'm 90% sure mine did.

according to this website {WiiLi.org} the new update "Enables USB keyboard support, only works while writing messages"

not sure how reliable the info is,
but has anyone tried that yet? does it really work?

^Why would they enable it for messages but not the internet? That is the stupidest thing I've heard.

If the wii internet supported a keyboard and had tabs then I would use it as my main internet source. Until then...

shishkba said:
according to this website {WiiLi.org} the new update "Enables USB keyboard support, only works while writing messages"

not sure how reliable the info is,
but has anyone tried that yet? does it really work?

I highly doubt it. I believe that they were going to incorporate a way of using a keyboard with the Wii in the update they would have mentioned it on their site. Here is a complete list of what was updated.

Link: http://wii.nintendo.com/wii_faq_other.jsp#q7

Back