Wii vs Xbox

Okinuza said:
Well, you are forgetting that the Xbox 360 came out last year, so dont forget last years games to add to all the awesome games on the 360, and also, dont forget that the online for the 360 is currently and probably will burn the Wiis online like hell!

I thought you were smart for a second until I read your signature. The weather outside is nice, whether or not I will wear a coat is a decision I must make.

WizKid said:
Hi. I'm stumped. I'm about to get an Xbox 360 on Friday, but now I'm not quite sure...I have a standard def tv, and would need need to get the that $15 doodad RCA Y gizmo at RadioShack in order to use either console.

And no, I (among others) do not like the fact the the {RI,MP}AA are forcing HDTV down our throats.:mad5:

No thank you, but I do not want to loose my fair use rights by means of HDCP. :mad5: :mad5:

Sadly, Charter is slowly killing the analog channel lineup in my area. :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

And, probably a flicker fixer for the TV and such. The main question is, will there be a noticable difference between the two on a standard def TV between the two?

For anybody wondering why there are 6 'mad' symbols, as they say:

"One, two, three strikes you're out at the old ball game!" ;)

As in, "screw you, **AA!!!!"

Another reason why was because (from the recent X-Play 'Best of 06' awards, the Wii got 4, while the Xbox got 3. Huh? I don't know what to think. :shocked: :crazy:

I am thinking about getting an Xbox because with the Wii, you would have to:

- Get either the LinkSys EtherFast USB adapter or the 'official' (sic, branded :crazy:) Nintendo adapter.
- An ethernet cable

Whereas with the Xbox, I would maybe only have to get a 5 cent RJ45 coupler if the included cable isn't long enough (I already have a 7" cable)
no one is forcing you onto hd
and honestly, i didnt notice a difference between playing on HD at my friends house and on my TV here
and 360 needs an ethernet cable but it comes with one

sovieto said:
and honestly, i didnt notice a difference between playing on HD at my friends house and on my TV here

Oh, there is a difference! Maybe since you play at your friend's house, you can't really compare them right next to each other. If you have them side by side, you will see a very big difference! First time i got my HD, i thought that it wasn't a big deal but when i had my SDTV right next to my HD, there's a major difference! Ask your friend to switch between channels like Fox. Fox has an HD channel and a regular channel, switch back and forth and you'll see the difference.

I think in the long run you'd be way better off with a wii. Especially once developers get the controls down and throw out some killer first person shooters, because this system will be killer once it gets some more FPS's and Mario of course. Plus all the great VC games every monday, a great browser and something new.

If you can afford it, get the 360 now and the Wii in a year.

COLDshiver said:
Having a 360 and no high def tv to play it on is a huge loss imho. Having a standard will make you unable to experience the full graphical potential of the 360.

So you suggest the Wii because you wont ever have great graphics so its no loss? You guys are giving terrible advice. The Wii has like 2 games worth a $hit. The 360 has so many more great games and much better marketplace games (UMK3, Doom, Street Fighter 2, etc......) Buying a Wii right now over the 360 is like buying the PS3 for $1,000. Its just not worth it yet.

P.S. If anybody tells you to buy the Wii for Zelda then I suggest you play it on the GC. Graphics are identical and the controls are so much better on the GC. And if any fanboy here tries to tell you otherwise its because they cant afford anything but a $250 system. Didnt the SNES cost $250 when it came out?

Last edited:
come on!! there is no console with a better controller than wii, anyway he can play zelda on wii with the game cube controller!!

lenitao said:
come on!! there is no console with a better controller than wii, anyway he can play zelda on wii with the game cube controller!!

You obviously didnt see what I was saying. The Wii controller is not that great. The delay on it gets very annoying when playing Zelda and you can buy the same game for the Gamecube without paying $250 for the system. Do you even know what the thread is about?

The Wii controller is a nice idea but is nowhere near perfect. lenitao you can go buy a Wii just so you can play Zelda. But 1 game is no reason to buy the Wii over the 360. Ya thats what this thread is about.

wii has other games than Zelda,too.. and I'm sure that more great games will come out since so many people like it, anyway we can buy Zelda for game cube and play it on wii, (if someone doesn't like the controller) Xbox360 is great,too but there's already 1 year from it's release, while wii is newer... it also has internet, plays videos and pictures, connects with ds and more...so the controller is not the only good!! Pokemon battle rev. seems also to be great....

anyway i agree that no-one should buy a wii just for the zelda!! anyway it's just about a month since it's release, how many games can come out only during a month???

Lethal said:
Graphics are identical and the controls are so much better on the GC. And if any fanboy here tries to tell you otherwise its because they cant afford anything but a $250 system. Didnt the SNES cost $250 when it came out?

erm im no fanboy as iv been a sony fan all the way but i also have a gamecube and a wii. The controls on the wii version of zelda are outstanding compared to the GC version. I would never go back to the old control system on this, and i think from many reviews i have read in the past they have the same view. Possibly the GC control system may just be your preference, some people don't like changes.

Last edited:
Definately the 360, get a 360. To all u un educated geeks that say the 360 can only have good graphics with high def televesion, get a life perhaps? Yea the high def tv will make the graphics sharper but only by a little, like seriously who was that nimrod that said ull got a huge loss if u dont have a high def tv? Probably was some un-pubescent 9 year old. Anyways, get the 360, its graphics own the wii's face. Plus its online will be way better, its already the best, the 360 has a good game library, lots of variety of different games and its a much more powerful (yet unfortunately expensive) system. 360's real competition is the ps3, with wii trailing behind a bit, cause its not a powerful system.

darthbeaverxp said:
Definately the 360, get a 360. To all u un educated geeks that say the 360 can only have good graphics with high def televesion, get a life perhaps? Yea the high def tv will make the graphics sharper but only by a little, like seriously who was that nimrod that said ull got a huge loss if u dont have a high def tv? Probably was some un-pubescent 9 year old. Anyways, get the 360, its graphics own the wii's face. Plus its online will be way better, its already the best, the 360 has a good game library, lots of variety of different games and its a much more powerful (yet unfortunately expensive) system. 360's real competition is the ps3, with wii trailing behind a bit, cause its not a powerful system.

firstly the wii is not aimed at graphics so no point saying the 360 graphics own the wii's face. Also the wii trailing behind a bit because it is not as powerful........ erm the wii is on track to winning if you have not been informed and is that fastest selling consol at this time. It has already taken a lot of market share off microsoft in the short time it has been released.

I never said which console was beating which console. I was making a personal recommendation to this guy. And to the console war thing, the wii has sky-rocketed with sales because of its cheap price. Its still way behind the 360..like WAY behind. and the ps3 is having a rough start due to its crap shipments of like 4 units per store each week.

Of course its way behind the sales of the 360. The 360 should have at least 12 times as many sales for the 360. Second, even if the Wii was 500 bucks, I still would have got it! The control scheme is also a matter of personal preference. Some people will prefer the more traditional schemes while others would prefer the motion sensitivity.

I also dont understand what you mean by the horrible lagging of the controller in Zelda. For me, I don't see any problem what so ever.

Obviously I am going to say get a Wii. I have loved it since I got it. However, maybe you prefer the old style controls or would rather have great graphics than motion sensitivty. It's not really my place to tell you what to buy, just make sure you know what you are buying!

darthbeaverxp said:
I never said which console was beating which console. I was making a personal recommendation to this guy. And to the console war thing, the wii has sky-rocketed with sales because of its cheap price. Its still way behind the 360..like WAY behind. and the ps3 is having a rough start due to its crap shipments of like 4 units per store each week.
not to mention the worst lunch line up ever

Link_ said:
not to mention the worst lunch line up ever
Seriously. But i mean, if people are rioting for the ps3, then that kind of makes me think its gonna win, cause so many people want it, its such a hot item.

Back