Ya'know?.. Wii's Graphics are pretty Bad-azz..

StevenNevets said:
Lighting adds realism but they do over do it sometimes. Take the lighting off and it still looks tons better then the Wii's textures. Look at an area on one of those screenshots without a lighting effect on it (if you can find one).

just call me a fanboy, Steven, call me a fanboy

I don't wanna compare Wii's graphics with anything else...I just know I like Wii's graphics

Yea I like the wii's graphics.. doesn't make a difference for me... I pretty much bought it for Super Smash, and that doesn't really need impressive graphics.

But, that spiderman thing is quite bad

Lighing is what makes the game on pc, Ps3 and 360 look good. The wii has no lighting and minimal reflections, for eg the reflections on the cars on excite truck are so badly pixelated, but the reflections from F1 on Ps3 are so crisp, thats what makes these games look awsome, ohh and could you have chose a worse example for the Ps3, honestly lol=p

Graphics are just as important as gameplay to me, i couldnt get myself into ff7 and below because the graphics are too bad, but 8 and up are great.

and lmao at the Spiderman graphics, i mean ps1 graphics lmao

Also that brings me to- When DK is on SSBB I wonder how detailed his fur will be o-o

StevenNevets said:
Pitty Bad-azz right there:ciappa:

Thats an example of when graphics hurt games:yesnod:

Wii's graphics are good enough, at the limit slightly better then the XBOX.
No where near as good as the other new systems though.

Let's all just realise and agree
those pictures you posted on the first page comparing consoles graphics, was the PC screenshot Crysis or not

I think the Wii has decent graphics. 1st off anyone who thinks they are on the level of the 360's or ps3 then they are lying to themselves to put it simply. 2nd graphics are NOT the be all, end all of videogames. HOWEVER they are a factor. They CAN improve the quality of a game and they do make games more enjoyable. That fact cannot be denied when it comes to the vast majority of gamers.

So really while Nintendo is doing excellent with the Wii and 480p is OKAY I as a Nintendo fanboy have to admit that I would rather have had 720p. It would have been a great move and would help bring more of the "core" to the system. Added to the fact that Nintendo's Online System is looking kinda stupid and tedious right now I'm starting to fear that most people won't respect or like Nintendo as much as it deserves.

blankconnection said:
those pictures you posted on the first page comparing consoles graphics, was the PC screenshot Crysis or not
The PC shot was Crysis, keep in mind PC graphics only get better due to new updates in hardware and software all the time.

SSBB looks good but notice how mannequin looking they are? Limited, if any, facial expressions. Small stages make it able to add poly's to the characters.

Graphics arent everything, true but when the technoligy's available theres not much reason to not use it to better a product. To be honest i dont think Nintendo even thought that the Wiimote would be a good idea which is why they went so cheap on the Wii.

Being a fanboy is one thing. Being a fanboy with no self will and blindingly following someone without question, you probably need help.

Crysis graphics look stunning but if you watch some of the videos, the game play is realistic as well, like the effects of your shooting will show (I.E tree's falling down and buildings collapsing(sp), the wii may not have as much power as the other consoles but it can still do quite a bit. Look at the size of the ps3, its a giant black box with as much power as possible slammed in and its also a super computor >.<, the wii is a queit suttle small games console.
Can i just remind everyone that Smash bro's is in wii's first generation of games and GoW was in 360's 2nd generation of games.

Remember OoT? probably the most stunning game ever from the time it was created, that wasnt some giant megaly powerful over expensive box was it?

Yes the PS3 is very powerful and good but trying to fit lots of power into a games console is making it into a computor.

Last edited:
Back