Ya'know?.. Wii's Graphics are pretty Bad-azz..

ok, we all know mario's makin them rich, we already said that, but wat im saying is mario's not the only thing they got. ok GamerCon, take away all the mario games, and then reflect on how many other great games there are. really think about it

If i think about the games that dont have to do with Nintendos mascots on the Wii, they hane no games that really make me want to buy the system.

GamerCon said:
I didnt mean new sequal, i meant new game like jax and daxter, ratchet and clank, gears of war. I didnt mean Mario party 1-20, paper mario, super paper mario, super duper construction paper mario 64 wii.

No nintendo does not cause they know mario and them sell so thats the focus of the company. Like Zeon said, they dont care if you like or dont like the game as long as you buy it and give them more money.

Oh, I see what you're saying.
Well, if it works, it works. I like Mario Party, Kart, Strikers, etc... but thats what most major sellers are, for all systems. Sequels to great games. In a way, the games now are only sequels, unless theres a whole new genra. Nintendo just decides to stick with Mario and other familiar characters because they're simple and are already a hit. If Nintendo did stop that, many people would defiantly be upset.

It's kinda like FF... everyone always knew it was going to be a new story for each game. But then, there was FF X-2... I think. I remember quite a few people being upset over that.

ok, first of all i said mario, but oh well. u sure u wouldn't buy...let me make a list here:
Final Fantasy
Fantasy Star
Tales of Syphonia
Spinter Cell
Batallion Wars
Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed
Wii Sports
One Piece
Naruto
Heatseeker
Disaster
Project HAMMER

theres way more than that too but those are just some examples. big N's not reliant

Shoko said:
ok, first of all i said mario, but oh well. u sure u wouldn't buy...let me make a list here:
Final Fantasy
Fantasy Star
Tales of Syphonia
Spinter Cell
Batallion Wars
Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed
Wii Sports
One Piece
Naruto
Heatseeker
Disaster
Project HAMMER

theres way more than that too but those are just some examples. big N's not reliant

Umm, just to point it out, thats Phantasy Star.

And to be fair, a few of those are on other consoles also, though thats not saying some people might find them "funner" on the Wii.

so. its on the gamecube, a nintendo system, and he said "if u take all the mascots away, theres no games i would buy". but phantasy star is on the gamecube and im pretty sure he'd buy that so....yea, u get the point

Shoko said:
so. its on the gamecube, a nintendo system, and he said "if u take all the mascots away, theres no games i would buy". but phantasy star is on the gamecube and im pretty sure he'd buy that so....yea, u get the point
Actually i got it on the DC and since it was the same thing, litteraly, then i didnt buy it on the GC, my friend did. I also got it for the 360 but that was a different version and not a rehash of an old one with higher resolution. Did you know it was on DC? It was actually on the sega master system first, i think i may have it but not sure.

A proper quote would be, "If i think about the games that dont have to do with Nintendos mascots on the Wii, they have no games that really make me want to buy the system." Yes the wii, not the GC or 64.

Seeing that you wanted to edit my post then that would mean you also agree that there arent any games without the Nintendo franchise that are really worth buying.

PS has no mascot, really. To take away the games that sell the PS would be to take away all the games.

GamerCon said:
Actually i got it on the DC and since it was the same thing, litteraly, then i didnt buy it on the GC, my friend did. I also got it for the 360 but that was a different version and not a rehash of an old one with higher resolution. Did you know it was on DC? It was actually on the sega master system first, i think i may have it but not sure.

A proper quote would be, "If i think about the games that dont have to do with Nintendos mascots on the Wii, they have no games that really make me want to buy the system." Yes the wii, not the GC or 64.

Seeing that you wanted to edit my post then that would mean you also agree that there arent any games without the Nintendo franchise that are really worth buying.

PS has no mascot, really. To take away the games that sell the PS would be to take away all the games.

Yep!
Phantasy Star was originally part of Sega. I'd have to disagree with you about the difference between the DC and the GC version. GC added offline multiplayer (4 players), along with more stages to play on. I liked the DC version but I loved the GC version.

Mmhmm, yes a lot of games Nintendo makes involve their mascots, but they usually aren't bad... do you have a vendetta aganist them, or just trying to prove a point?
I like the games I've played on the Wii that doesn't involve their mascots... Red Steel, Wii Sports, and Elebits. For those games not to appeal to you, it would seem you don't like the path Nintendo took with their interactivity more so than the actual games. And if you say that that isn't enough to buy a Wii for, how many good games would it take for you to consider buying it?

Uhhh, yeah, I'll just dive into this thread, yeah.

Firstly, I don't agree with you, at all. Wii can make good graphics, yes, but they're not doing them right. They're trying to take on board way too many things at one, like details, the system can simply just not handle them. When Nintendo introduced Melee they were amazing graphics to me, it used the system to its full potential, and didn't make it tacky at all;

mariocont.gif

See, this picture shows what the GameCube is good at, smoothening. Not caring about the details in the denim, because, no one really cares about his denim really.

What Nintendo have produced now, I do agree, is brilliant, but really, when the character moves you would expect all those polygons in his clothes to just mush and smear.

Taills said:
Yep!
Phantasy Star was originally part of Sega. I'd have to disagree with you about the difference between the DC and the GC version. GC added offline multiplayer (4 players), along with more stages to play on. I liked the DC version but I loved the GC version.

Mmhmm, yes a lot of games Nintendo makes involve their mascots, but they usually aren't bad... do you have a vendetta aganist them, or just trying to prove a point?
I like the games I've played on the Wii that doesn't involve their mascots... Red Steel, Wii Sports, and Elebits. For those games not to appeal to you, it would seem you don't like the path Nintendo took with their interactivity more so than the actual games. And if you say that that isn't enough to buy a Wii for, how many good games would it take for you to consider buying it?
I dont really like the direction they are going. I dont like feeling used, mainly for money, and Nintendo's been using everyone. It sucks but i really have less respect for them. Dont get me wrong, i used to skip out on opening christmas presants just to play super mario bros 3. Now that they want to make money, and i doubt they will make another system unless they have a better gimmick then the motion sensing, i can see the quality of their games falling, poorly.

Sorry but i see through the BS. Nintendo is probably calling it quits after this unless they want to use the money made from the Wii to make another console, which would be very risky. I think the next console will have the Sixaxis style, all the buttons needed to play a tasking game with the motion sensing, but hey, Sony's one step ahead.

Could you tell me what your pics mean? For refferance.

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
I dont really like the direction they are going. I dont like feeling used, mainly for money, and Nintendo's been using everyone. It sucks but i really have less respect for them. Dont get me wrong, i used to skip out on opening christmas presants just to play super mario bros 3. Now that they want to make money, and i doubt they will make another system unless they have a better gimmick then the motion sensing, i can see the quality of their games falling, poorly.

Sorry but i see through the BS. Nintendo is probably calling it quits after this unless they want to use the money made from the Wii to make another console, which would be very risky. I think the next console will have the Sixaxis style, all the buttons needed to play a tasking game with the motion sensing, but hey, Sony's one step ahead.

I don't feel that way about the Wii at all.
It still feels to me that Nintendo's doing what its always done which was to provide fun. I feel that Nintendo is the least of the money maddend, though I do agree thats what they're striving for, money. The same with the other consoles. Xbox 360 has to pay online, and PS3 is trying to win people over to the HD/Blu-ray side.

When would you think that there would be a better time to introduce something like the Wii? And theres no way to know who is a step at the moment basing it on the probability of what the future consoles will be like, unless its just a prediction.

Back