1v1 brawl league

Told ya B+ was bad

I don't know why anyone would think Brawl+ is a bad thing. It's a community-driven attempt to make the game more balanced and fair. How could that be a bad thing? It removes things that upset balance like the Ice Climbers infinite chain grab as well as adding some aesthetic things like ZSS and Shiek on the CSS. I encourage everyone to play Brawl+ matches for the league if you can. :)

ahh, nice to see u guys. i got brawl+, i was kinda disapointed on the hacks. but i got texture hacks, and that is cool. to bad syntax error was shut down.
well, see you guys l8r

Brawl+ ftw. :D

Told ya B+ was bad

THIS IS MADNESS!

I don't know why anyone would think Brawl+ is a bad thing. It's a community-driven attempt to make the game more balanced and fair. How could that be a bad thing? It removes things that upset balance like the Ice Climbers infinite chain grab as well as adding some aesthetic things like ZSS and Shiek on the CSS. I encourage everyone to play Brawl+ matches for the league if you can. :)

And it speeds up the game, creating a more engaging and exciting experience. And for those competitive nutjobs, it drives the competitive community a way vBrawl never could. There's been Brawl+ tournaments, even.

... Missed Pez again. .-.

You forgot more frustrating. Brawl+ makes me so mad when I get juggled like a tennis ball. I quit Brawl as well. I need a Cube controller.

You forgot more frustrating. Brawl+ makes me so mad when I get juggled like a tennis ball. I quit Brawl as well. I need a Cube controller.

Did you not play normal Brawl with a cube controller? If I had to stick with wiichuck I would have quit Brawl, too.

Agreed, the C-stick alone makes a GC controller worth it (though I actually use a Wii Classic controller - not so clunky IMO, though I think it is going bad on me).

As for Brawl+, I just don't see it as being legitimate. I believe that removing most combos was a "design flaw" which was consciously made by the game's developers. I, for one, would not appreciate being caught in some lame 0-to-KO combo just because of a single poorly-timed dodge. If all you have to do is land a combo to win, then something is wrong. In my opinion, this ranks right up there with those noobs who C-stick spam with Wolf, and yet still manage to win on multiplayer.

As for Captain Falcon, I think he's more of a team-oriented character. The "hold-them-while-I-Falcon-Punch-them" thing is fun, plus priority isn't as much of an issue in a team battle.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't 1 use B+ or Like it? and CK, i havn't been brawling much... too much TvC and CoD.... sorry

ahh, nice to see u guys. i got brawl+, i was kinda disapointed on the hacks. but i got texture hacks, and that is cool. to bad syntax error was shut down.
well, see you guys l8r

Brawl+ ftw. :D

Told ya B+ was bad

THIS IS MADNESS!

And it speeds up the game, creating a more engaging and exciting experience. And for those competitive nutjobs, it drives the competitive community a way vBrawl never could. There's been Brawl+ tournaments, even.

... Missed Pez again. .-.
its AWESOME> :yesnod:

Brawl+ doesn't sound too interesting but I am curious on using Captain Falcon on Brawl+ though.
captian falcon has the fast in dis game. CAPTIAN OBAMA FTW

You forgot more frustrating. Brawl+ makes me so mad when I get juggled like a tennis ball.
agreed. i hate it when that happens, i cant stop bouncing around, the CPUS have to much skill. the are like lv 12 or something in B+
but i hated the tripping. it cost me my life twice in this league.

Last edited:
@ MysticPez: Like I said, I don't see Brawl+ as a legitimate Smash Bros. game. If you're that concerned with competition, I would say Melee is better for you.

Am I the only one who doesn't 1 use B+ or Like it? and CK, i havn't been brawling much... too much TvC and CoD.... sorry

I don't either. Don't worry.

WHAAAAAAAAAT? What about all those Brawl+ matches we had? :eek:

@ MysticPez: Like I said, I don't see Brawl+ as a legitimate Smash Bros. game. If you're that concerned with competition, I would say Melee is better for you.

Ofcourse, it's not legitimate...

But it's anything but comparable to those C-stick spamming Wolfs. They're insults to Wolf mainers like me. -.-

But, point being... Ya, 0-death combos suck. But there are a few of those in vBrawl too; yes, that's right. Ever seen a Meta Knight 0-death another player? I have more than plenty of times, I've done a few myself, and it's all because of a single dodging error on the opponent's part. There are plenty of chain grabs that'l 0-death you too; D3's D-Throw, the IC's throw spikes... Brawl isn't as balanced as you might think.

And what about people camping and spamming moves? I know you hate those B-spamming Ice Climbers all too much. :p Brawl+ is much faster, people can't afford to spam projectiles anymore. Try it and you'll just eat dirt, lol. I'd know, since I've attempted to spam projectiles at TLink, didn't work out too well. Other projectile spammers didn't exactly win against me, either.

Not to mention those esteemed 0-death combo's you're talking about aren't exactly easy to pull off. Spamming a smash or an aerial doesn't exactly give you a 0-death combo. And as long as you don't just do nothing as you get combo'd, not attempting to Directional Influence [if you don't know what that is, I'll explain =) ], then you won't be getting 0-deathed. It takes extreme practice and skill to pull these off anyways, and even luck too. Even if you're playing a complete novice, you'd have to be a pro, literally, to even think of pulling off a 0-death combo every game.

Brawl+ eliminates the chain grab issue too; you don't see Falco's getting you up to 50% in using just two attacks while getting you off the stage, which can be your death in just one more stage spiking move.

No, I'm not trying to force how "epic" Brawl+ is on you and try to get you to play it. I'm simply representing that Brawl+ isn't an undesirable change to vBrawl. After all, lot of people love it, and a lot of people hate it. Rather, I'm attempting to explain Brawl+ isn't as simple as "lol I got you into a combo you lose!", it's much more complex than that. vBrawl is a campfest, projectile/spammer breeding ground, and chain grab infested game.

No, vBrawl isn't so sufferable that everyone hates it; even with the advent of Brawl+ I still love it. But it has it's flaws, just like Brawl+. Brawl+ is more difficult to play and it's MUCH harder to find someone your level (or lower) to play once you start out. It also takes more effort to even get it, and the faster combo-oriented gameplay can be very off putting from repetitiveness or just the frustration of getting combo'd up the arse.

Point being, both are great games (or as you could put it, Brawl's a great game, and Brawl+ is a great addition), both have their flaws, and neither are as they seem. vBrawl's full of spammers and gay techniques, but it's still fun if you're not playing n00bs all the time. Brawl+ is frustrating when you play someone who's better than you, but the fast pace and fresh renovation of the Brawl we all know and love is very entertaining. If you're looking down on Brawl+, don't forget the flaws it's mother game has. =P And vice versa really, people who are obsessed with Brawl+ are no better than the melee elitists.

... Hm, now I wish there was a Smash Bros. 64 hack for Brawl. The classic feeling of the original is like none other in the series; issue is, there's no hack that'l replace the original, lol.

Real-o vs. SSBfreakCK

Toon Link vs. Wolf @ Final Destination - SSBfreakCK
Snake vs. Falco @ Final Destination - SSBfreakCK

Back