Am I actually ignorant?

Jimmer1720

Awating Headset Support
Aug 29, 2007
Wherever you aren't.
Ok, this is the thing. I've recently "converted", if you will, to an atheist. My parents/family are all catholics. I was baptized as a child, and I still have a cross in my closet from that baptizing. So am I wrong to change religions on my family?

The reason why I changed was simple. I need a logical explanation for everything. EVERYTHING. Say, for example, myself and a priest see a little shining light in the corner, I would need a logical explanation for it. Spark, flashlight, reflection, whatever. But the priest would look at that and go, "oh...perhaps it's a sign. Maybe jesus is showing us the way." I can't see the logic in that, so I choose not to believe it.

And on T.V, you got pastors who simply put their full hand on a person's forehead, say "The power of God is flowing through your body" and this person is instantly cured of cancer in their lungs. It just simply doesn't make sense to me, so I cannot believe in it.

It's not that I think it's fake, but until some miraculous thing happens to me, for instance I ACTUALLY SEE heaven, then yes, I'll believe after that. But until it does, I just can't believe in something, that to me, doesn't make sense.

Now, what I'm asking is, Am I simply being ignorant? Should I have proper beliefs? Am I making a mistake by choosing not to believe in any religion at all?

Thanks for any input you make.

I dont think your being ignorant. its whatever you believe in. i too look mainly on the logical side of things..but i also look at the spiritual and religious side.
example. religiously; god created universe. logically; big bang

see what i mean?

good for you i believe atheism is the way but my mom and grandma are kinda religous and wont let us change over but my dad is like an atheist.

ignorant isnt what you are... you just dont believe in some made up stuff.....

Sovieto said:
ignorant isnt what you are... you just dont believe in some made up stuff.....

No duh, religion was created way back then for power and control over people. If you think about it peple were easily manipulated back then and if you made them think they would die and not be given a haven they would follow your orders. Such as fighting in the crusades. Then other people caught on to the idea and made up other religions,:crazy: and here we are today

well imao i think that there is a god or a superior being, and we don't know everything and we may not be able to comprehend everything. It's crazy how we are able to learn and discover new things but is there a limit to what we can understand? Seeing is believing but we don't know what's out there as well. You're not ignorant btw.

EDIT some things may sound far-fetched, but isn't it strange how we exist as well? idk sometimes if i think about the big picture, the absolute big picture of things, it's just crazy.

Last edited:
Wii-Fi said:
well imao i think that there is a god or a superior being, and we don't know everything and we may not be able to comprehend everything. It's crazy how we are able to learn and discover new things but is there a limit to what we can understand? Seeing is believing but we don't know what's out there as well. You're not ignorant btw.

EDIT some things may sound far-fetched, but isn't it strange how we exist as well? idk sometimes if i think about the big picture, the absolute big picture of things, it's just crazy.

We evolved from tiny organisms VERY LONG AGO, like billions of years ago. when the earth was created, during the big bang.

Facts

Know your facts...Look for Evidence...look deep into Reasearch & History...
"Ignorance is bliss"...
"knowing is half the battle"
Be Knowlagable...
not as a smart alec but...more as I've done my homework

Example: It's a Theory Not A FACT yet, that the Earth is Billons of years old...
But its a Fact, we have evidence to prove the spinning /rotation of the earth...is slowing down...The Atomic Clock has a 3 second per 1000 year error...it means the earth is slowing down 3 seconds per 1000 years...like top spining slower as it winds down...But whats a "Year" 365 days...no...more like 360 as you find in a circle as in 360 degrees = mathamatical fact.
But if we use this Quantim math Fact to simulate the reversal of the rotation/spinning of the earth...we wind up literaly spining so fast... Life as we know it could not exist even 5 to 10 Million years (360 days = degree rotation of a circle) ago...
Example: Its aslo a Fact (we have evidence to prove) the Earth is moving away from the Sun...Very Slowy..but moving none the less...like a bullet or ball thrown...its velocity of speed is not a constant, which mean its slowing down...it had a Starting point, a point of impact, or trigger if you will...so in calculating the Quantim math Fact to simulate its position at its trigger based on the its velocity of speed...the Earth would be inside the Sun even 5 to 10 Million years ago

So the theroy that the earth is Billions of years old Does not hold up under Quantim Math Facts

like I said...do your homework

Real Faith is based on Fact not feelling

Law

The Second Law (fact) Of Thremodynamics is simple thus an Explosion Cannot create, It Destroys...Ask any Victim of An explosion...were you hurt or healed...Explosions do not create Paterns, Nor do they create order...But Chaos...
Our own Scientific Law of Fact....the "Big Bang"....Could never have created the perfect order of our patern that sustains life...If you don't believe me or the second law of thermodynamics...try clening up or bring order to your room by the use of a Handgrenade....Just aint gonna happen is it.
So Big Bang bata boom...Never happend...it's still a Theory.

Just look around you dude...do you really think all this some big accident, that just so happend....someone made the chair your sitting on, someone made the CPU your using someone makes the games we play...
Eveything known to man has one thing in commom...where did it come from, Who made it...A creator.

there are the facts but, they only explain so much, the others are just theories, faith and religion are theories too. There is just some things we can't explain and some don't accept it, imo.

Back