Broken things are broken - welcome to 2008

I just thought it rather arrogant of you to call me out specifically. God knows I don't need a post count for people to recognize me, and god knows I don't need a post count to give me the arrogance to do whatever I want. The fact is that post counts make general forum use much easier. There is nothing beyond that to debate.

How does it make forum use easier? Can you read posts more clearly because there's an extra number under a user's avatar?

It makes understanding certain situations much less of a problem. Believe it or not, knowing whether someone is new to the forum does help people decide how they should be treated in certain situations. Sure, you can go around saying that we shun them or that we discriminate against them or whatever, but that isn't the bulk of what happens. Someone that has 5 posts and makes a double posts recieves a "Please don't double post, it's against the rules" from a regular, whereas someone with 500 posts gets a less patient response, which, if they're still breaking the rules at that point, is necessary.

You can still tell if someone is new to the forum, just look at the join date. Someone could be here for 2 years and have a smaller post count then someone posting 24/7 for a month.

Their join date is misrepresentative of their participation in the forum. There are certainly members that joined in 2006 that would still be considered new members and there are certainly members that joined in 2009 that are very quickly becoming regulars. You should know that.

Honestly, I'm done defending this point because none of you are offering any reasoning why it should be left out. No one is spamming to increase their post count, as many people have already agreed in this thread.

Their join date is misrepresentative of their participation in the forum. There are certainly members that joined in 2006 that would still be considered new members and there are certainly members that joined in 2009 that are very quickly becoming regulars. You should know that.
I feel post count is a larger misinterpretation. The number of previous posts a person makes doesn't tell you anything about the typical quality or reliability of their posts.

Honestly, I'm done defending this point because none of you are offering any reasoning why it should be left out. No one is spamming to increase their post count, as many people have already agreed in this thread.
Well the post count is virtually useless now. With the removal of effectively nine months of posts what use is it to see how many posts people had in March '08?

I also think it can contribute to spam, newer members want to have a nice big number under there name to feel more like a "regular member" as you put it. This can lead to the degradation of threads due to floods of irrelevant posts. We've already seen the huge rep whoring through out the forum, post counts do the same thing. Only in a more subtle way.

I actually heavily agree with Levesque; a member's post count can really help in responding to different members' posts. It truely is a nice feature to have and I hope it becomes visible again.

The post count should be added back later on this week along with the introduction of a "White Noise" section.

Hopefully the review sections and news section get brought back/replaced and get put time into them again to make them good.

I found those to be two good additions to WiiChat.

Yeah I want to see the News section brought back. We need a couple more active reporters though so we can get more news up!

Whoa, I have a glitchy profile.
Can I get my name changed back to Fox, i0n? I would appreciate it, dood. Me love you long time...?

EDIT: Profile's back to normal.

Last edited:
Can we get the mods back ?

Theres two spam threads (Mian Wii area and VC section) that have been there for hours

Back