Clone Hatred

The clone CHARACTERS arnt bad , I just like my characters DIFFERENT.Ok,the only clone characters I hate and are stupid are Young Link(so hes younger than normal Link,big deal.,Pichu(throuh hes cute),and Dr.Mario(Why the heck was Mario a docter?!?!?!?).
But Dont worry,even if the clones do come back,there Final Smashes will be different.

of course i can tell the difference in fighting otherwise there is no difference. ken and ryu may have fought the same way in street fighter 2 but they didnt also introduce a duplicate of zangief and blanka and guile. in ssbm it unneccesarily went on as they had 6 clones. it might change the fight but it sure doesnt make the game any more fun to look at 2 guys doing the same thing. its like they got lazy in making extra chars. if they would have used different skins like people talk about for ssbb thats another subject. i have no problem with it because im not stuck using the same 2 skill sets and having to learn a new strategy that i didnt care about in the first place. i dont think all the clones were bad but i sure think 2/3rds of them were boring as hell and you cant even finish the whole gaming without using them.

if clones do come back i sure hope is not the same avalanche that ssbm had.

^You don't know what you're talking about. They didn't get 'lazy.' They were planning on putting those characters in, and then they were shot with a short-term deadline to make it before christmas, so they had the choice of scrapping them or making them clones. They had no other option.

LevesqueIsKing said:
No one could have said it any better.

I like you, you've been making quality posts in this section. My names Tyler.
LOL! Thanx. I really only dwell in the Smash areas because that is my area of expertise. I am a long-time Smash World Forums veteran, so I know the smash culture extremely well.

Clones should be gone in Brawl, so we don't have much to worry about. I am a Young Link main, so I disagree that Link and Young Link are "identical". Yes, they move the same, but their physics are completely different, so the experience is completely different playing the two.

Buzz said:
LOL! Thanx. I really only dwell in the Smash areas because that is my area of expertise. I am a long-time Smash World Forums veteran, so I know the smash culture extremely well.

Clones should be gone in Brawl, so we don't have much to worry about. I am a Young Link main, so I disagree that Link and Young Link are "identical". Yes, they move the same, but their physics are completely different, so the experience is completely different playing the two.

I love SSBM! I mainly used Samus because of her fantastic recovery (bomb jumps and grapple). And also because of her great wavedashing and super wavedash. After weeks of practice, I can finally perform her super wavedash about 90% of the time

LevesqueIsKing said:
^You don't know what you're talking about. They didn't get 'lazy.' They were planning on putting those characters in, and then they were shot with a short-term deadline to make it before christmas, so they had the choice of scrapping them or making them clones. They had no other option.
they sure didnt deadline themselves this time so what was the deal last time? even if it isnt being lazy its still a sort of negligence and thats why its been how many years for the 3rd installment (and a delay).

Lugia said:
they sure didnt deadline themselves this time so what was the deal last time? even if it isnt being lazy its still a sort of negligence and thats why its been how many years for the 3rd installment (and a delay).
Are you seriously complaining that the game is delayed? Do you have any idea how contradictory that is?

Nintendo was following different guidelines back then. The best news is that they are smart enough to LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES, thus the delays that so many casual gamers are complaining about.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Are you seriously complaining that the game is delayed? Do you have any idea how contradictory that is?
a little because nobody really knows what the hell theyre doing.

no because im not telling them what to do.
Nintendo was following different guidelines back then. The best news is that they are smart enough to LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES, thus the delays that so many casual gamers are complaining about.
they will learn from their mistakes only too make more mistakes in the end.

Lugia said:
a little because nobody really knows what the hell theyre doing.

no because im not telling them what to do.

they will learn from their mistakes only too make more mistakes in the end.
Of course, thats how life works. Over time, the mistakes will become minimized, but they will never go away.

links AP i find is much higher than Ylink and his sword is alot longer these two can make a hell of a differnce=D

toomstone said:
links AP i find is much higher than Ylink and his sword is alot longer these two can make a hell of a differnce=D
AP?

Young Link is lighter.

Young Link's moves tend to launch opponents sideways while Link places more emphasis on shooting them up. Try both of their down-smashes. ;)

Back