Clone Hatred

LevesqueIsKing said:
^?

For one of the best games of all time?
did you read what i typed? it has nothing to do with the game itself. its the fact that they used pichu lil link falco and dr. mario which is so bland its not even funny. ganondorf was the only decent clone. if you play any of the other clones great but im pretty sure any of us on the forums could of come up with clones like that.

Yeah, they were all crap really. Ganon was best as a charecter, the others seem almost thrown in. Random. Pichu, WTF?

Lugia said:
did you read what i typed? it has nothing to do with the game itself. its the fact that they used pichu lil link falco and dr. mario which is so bland its not even funny. ganondorf was the only decent clone. if you play any of the other clones great but im pretty sure any of us on the forums could of come up with clones like that.
They were strapped for time. I suppose you would have rather them not implemented any of those characters in any way shape or form?

blah too much stuff to read anyways i wouldnt go so far as to say that they shouldnt of been in at all but really they didnt do anything unique with the lot of them. they didnt need to suck as clones but nintendo made them suck IMO therefore i would be inclined to say yes.

So G&W, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Bowser, and Ness shouldn't have been in Melee? They were all low tier as well.

I'm just trying to figure out your logic...

LevesqueIsKing said:
So G&W, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Bowser, and Ness shouldn't have been in Melee? They were all low tier as well.

I'm just trying to figure out your logic...
are you asking that i think they shouldnt be in because theyre cloning from game to game? anyways i dont have any problem with them its just they shouldnt of sucked so much. lets just hope that those which are left dont suck like they did in ssbm (bowser, ice climbers, ness clone).

edit: lets not confuse cross-over clones with single game clones. lol

^Alright. First I'd like to point out that Sakurai made the characters as equal as he possibly could. When his workers were frantically testing the game, I'm sure nearly all the characters were equal.

However, over time the equality breaks. Fox users learned to waveshine, making him top tier. Falcon users learned to SHFFL. Luigi users learned to Wavedash. These are all things that Sakurai did not predict happening, and thus, he had no way to make the characters more equal.

Clones are not as bad as many people make them out to be. I think the most painful clone was Dr. Mario. However, when you really dive into competitive play, the differences between clones become more and more apparent. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf seem nothing alike to me now. They play totally different. The same goes for Fox and Falco.

From a casual standpoint, yeah, clones were really stupid.

Buzz said:
Clones are not as bad as many people make them out to be. I think the most painful clone was Dr. Mario. However, when you really dive into competitive play, the differences between clones become more and more apparent. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf seem nothing alike to me now. They play totally different. The same goes for Fox and Falco.

spot on their mate falco and ganondorf seem differnt to me now and not becouse of the way they look:lol: ... mewtwo is cloned from mew yet has summas priamary move how does that work out?... link and young link are similar i guess but thats about as close as your going to get in clones becouse well link-young=?.... falco and fox are very differnt i dominate with falco but with fox i feel less powerful in speed and overwelming strenght derived from falcos massive amounts of speed

Buzz said:

No one could have said it any better.

I like you, you've been making quality posts in this section. My names Tyler.

toomstone said:
spot on their mate falco and ganondorf seem differnt to me now and not becouse of the way they look:lol: ... mewtwo is cloned from mew yet has summas priamary move how does that work out?... link and young link are similar i guess but thats about as close as your going to get in clones becouse well link-young=?.... falco and fox are very differnt i dominate with falco but with fox i feel less powerful in speed and overwelming strenght derived from falcos massive amounts of speed
this has nothing to do with clones. it has to do with looking at the same 2 guys doing the same moves. it has nothing to do with speed and strength. they might be slightly different but if thats going to be the case why dont i decide what they look like and how they play in the game? if i want to play falco and i think fox is better with the same moves should i have to take a cut in performance for looks? its not like if i stand still in training mode and perform all the moves youre going to tell me there is a visual difference in what theyre doing. they can look as different as they want, be as slow/fast and weak/strong as they want but im still basically looking at the same 2 guys.

Lugia said:
this has nothing to do with clones. it has to do with looking at the same 2 guys doing the same moves. it has nothing to do with speed and strength. they might be slightly different but if thats going to be the case why dont i decide what they look like and how they play in the game? if i want to play falco and i think fox is better with the same moves should i have to take a cut in performance for looks? its not like if i stand still in training mode and perform all the moves youre going to tell me there is a visual difference in what theyre doing. they can look as different as they want, be as slow/fast and weak/strong as they want but im still basically looking at the same 2 guys.

well i guess that is your own problem to deal with. if you cant tell the differnce in two fighting styles even if they are similar and derived from the same move pallet, u need to take a closer look and see that cpt falcon is way faster than ganondorf yet lacks in strength and maybe a bit of stability.
my point is that as long as i can tell the differnce between each fighter i dont mind if some are similar, personly i think its not to bad an idea example: 1v1 your mate picks bowser i decide its out of capt falcon and ganondorf IMO i would pcik ganondorf is this battle in stantly becouse he is alot more stable and you will be able to launch his slower attacks agiesnt bowser more effectivly than if he was vsing falco.

Back