Does God exist?

allright any evol-person, what is the orgin of life? what causes the egg in the females womb to live?
I'll let Napalm give a more professional answer, but to my knowledge the most widely accepted theory is that after some of the first generation stars went supernova, the elements that were created in the explosion went on to accrete (or "clump together") into other stars and, planets, etc. and life is a procreation of this process.

In other words, we're literally made of star dust. Tons of evidence to back it up, too, unlike other theories..

no detailed answer. just as i thought.
and star dust? come on.
I already explained planetary formation. I could explain in more detail if you like. In fact, I can show you the process in action:

800px-Fomalhaut_with_Disk_Ring_and_extrasolar_planet_b.jpg

This is an image of the dust surrounding a star called Fomalhaut. The black blots are where most of the glare from the star itself has been blocked out, because otherwise we wouldn't be able to see the dust. The outer oval ring is a dust disc, where that "clumping together" (which SSBB Lover and I mentioned) is going on. And as you can see, at least one planet has already formed (Note: the little dot just to the bottom left is an unrelated background star).

More info: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/science/fomalhaut.html

@her0: I don't know how else to tell you, so I'll be straight forward:

You suck at debating. A debate requires two sides. Not just one saying "your evidence is BS". If you want to provide good information, be my guest. Otherwise, please quit posting here.

that's because i use the internet channel & it is a friggin pain typing. plus with the correct thing, Ugh....

that's because i use the internet channel & it is a friggin pain typing. plus with the correct thing, Ugh....
Regardless of your excuse, the situation remains the same. Unless you can find a means which allows you to correctly convey your standpoint, I suggest not posting at all. Saying nothing is certainly better than saying, "You're wrong."

allright any evol-person, what is the orgin of life? what causes the egg in the females womb to live?

In other words, we're literally made of star dust. Tons of evidence to back it up, too, unlike other theories..

first I'm sorry to interrupt but I can't see that happening.

That suns and planets are (re)born from big bang or supernova's that have exploded is relatively understandable and accepted! but to be honest I cant even slightly imagine that in such circumstances (radiation, temperature etc.) any biological cell that could support life can keep its form and then evolve to complex beings several millions of years later. which means life was not there while the big bang whent off or during the forming of planets and suns.
Even though we are made of 90% water which is one of the most common elements in the universe, but still its not enough to suddenly produce cells and I never heard of a chemical reaction or other processes that create a cell(life) in pool of water by mixing it with any other element(s) in any circumstance(s).
That men will find and finalize the answer to what happened and how the cosmos took shape is indubitably getting closer.
but to answer the same question for life, they search the wrong places for the evidence of it and its origin!

I think and believe the source of life must be found somewhere other than the origin of galaxies.
I hope my English isn't to bad. I wish I could write as good as you guys!

Last edited:
Even though we are made of 90% water which is one of the most common elements in the universe, but still its not enough to suddenly produce cells and I never heard of a chemical reaction or other processes that create a cell(life) in pool of water by mixing it with any other element(s) in any circumstance(s).
First off, nothing suddenly happened. It's a very slow process. Secondly, as far as I know (and I could be wrong) the theory isn't that we just evolved from water, we evolved from bacteria and as we built up we used water to fuel our more advanced systems. Lastly, because the process is so slow we can't really conduct 100% accurate tests however we do have tests on a much smaller scale which point to this theory being correct.

I hope my English isn't to bad. I wish I could write as good as you guys!
You're doing fine. Not perfect, but I have no problems understanding you which is more than I can say for some members.

her01771 said:
That explains your terrible grammar, not your lack of debating skill. Find some evidence and come back.

first I'm sorry to interrupt but I can't see that happening.

That suns and planets are (re)born from big bang or supernova's that have exploded is relatively understandable and accepted! but to be honest I cant even slightly imagine that in such circumstances (radiation, temperature etc.) any biological cell that could support life can keep its form and then evolve to complex beings several millions of years later.
Of course cells can keep their form, otherwise we wouldn't exist.

Also, cells don't evolve on their own. Evolution occurs because when a cell reproduces, there are sometimes mutations in the copied DNA, and natural selection acts on the useful mutations (i.e. those mutations which provide it some advantage over its rivals).

which means life was not there while the big bang whent off or during the forming of planets and suns.
Life was certainly not when the Earth/Universe first formed.

Even though we are made of 90% water which is one of the most common elements in the universe, but still its not enough to suddenly produce cells
Water is not an element, it is a compound comprised of hydrogen and oxygen. And I can assure you, there is more than enough of those two elements for life to exist.

and I never heard of a chemical reaction or other processes that create a cell(life) in pool of water by mixing it with any other element(s) in any circumstance(s).
Well yeah, cells are extremely complex structures (note: 'complex' does not equate to 'designed'), so you shouldn't expect it to be so simple.

That men will find and finalize the answer to what happened and how the cosmos took shape is indubitably getting closer.
but to answer the same question for life, they search the wrong places for the evidence of it and its origin!
How do you know?

I think and believe the source of life must be found somewhere other than the origin of galaxies.
Like I said, the formation of star and planets doesn't explain how life came to exist, but it does explain how the ingredients got here.

no detailed answer. just as i thought.
and star dust? come on.
First take a look at Tyler's response to you. Also note that Napalm responded and explained Tyler's original response more correctly.

Now go ahead and give me a detailed response as to what makes you think a magical entity in the sky that we can't see, smell, hear, touch, or taste (and all in all just cannot have any contact with other than "prayers" which are responded to about 50% of the time) created life and is maintaining said life at this very moment. If you say that I just have to believe or reference the Bible then I win the thread. If you have sources and have a legitimate response then we'll discuss it more.

Not all prayers will be fulfilled as asked anyway...according to Christianity.

Anyway, I'd like to see someone give such a response, as well.

Last edited:
First off, nothing suddenly happened. It's a very slow process. Secondly, as far as I know (and I could be wrong) the theory isn't that we just evolved from water, we evolved from bacteria and as we built up we used water to fuel our more advanced systems.

But where did the bacteria come from?

That's just an excuse so that when we pray for proof and nothing happens you can say "it's God's will, he'll show us proof when he feels like it"

That's just an excuse so that when we pray for proof and nothing happens you can say "it's God's will, he'll show us proof when he feels like it"

Praying for proof is like praying for 10000000 dollars

Why are we talking about bacteria and cells?
Because annoyingly, this thread keeps returning to the subject of evolution, despite the fact that it's been proven beyond all reasonable doubt, and it is one of the central unifying concepts in modern biology (to quote Theodosius Dobzhansky, "Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"). Besides, evolution is irrelevant to the question of God's existence.

Praying for proof is like praying for 10000000 dollars
If you have no proof, why do you believe it?

Why are we talking about bacteria and cells?
Because annoyingly, this thread keeps returning to the subject of evolution, despite the fact that it's been proven beyond all reasonable doubt, and it is one of the central unifying concepts in modern biology (to quote Theodosius Dobzhansky, "Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"). Besides, evolution is irrelevant to the question of God's existence.

Yeah, irrelevant was my thought, too.

I think any educated person here (which should be all of us) has to be really dense to think that our world has no evolutionary basis.

And I could tell you that's just an excuse for when you don't get your way.

The idea is that God would answer a prayer when it's necessary. Not just because there's a post-it placed on some particular time and date, but because the timing is meant for when it would benefit us most. "When he feels like it" is missing the point. It is also in accordance to our own well-being.

Last edited:

And I could tell you that's just an excuse for when you don't get your way.

The idea is that God would answer a prayer when it's necessary. Not just because there's a post-it placed on some particular time and date, but because the timing is meant for when it would benefit us most. "When he feels like it" is missing the point. It is also in accordance to our own well-being.

Wait what? You could tell me WHAT is an excuse? You see, I would love to believe in God. But he never gives any sort of answer to any of my questions and there's absolutely no proof that he exists.

Back