Does God exist?

and "science" isnt the same as "evolution"
Sigh. Why do theists keep returning to evolution? Even if you could somehow overturn the mountains of evidence from multiple fields of biology, and observed instances of evolution in both the lab and in the wild, that still wouldn't prove God exists.

napalm, there is evidence. but truthfully, it would take a long time to write it out.
god is more coplicated than evoulotion. in a non-formula way.
If you're going to cop out, don't bother posting back. At least take the time to find an article that somehow conveys your supposed "evidence".

napalm, there is evidence. but truthfully, it would take a long time to write it out.
god is more coplicated than evoulotion. in a non-formula way.
I was talking about this false dichotomy that you seem to have, like you think the only two possibilities are God or evolution, when in reality evolution neither proves or disproves God's existence. Even if I did believe in God, I would still have to accept evolution based on all the evidence.

Basically, if you want to convince me that God exists, you'll never be able to do it through any of this "intelligent design" nonsense. So, do you have any other evidence for God's existence?

All they have is a bible. A book written over the course of what? 2000 years? first passed on through Oral Tradition for HUNDREDS of years. Then they started writing it down after awhile and who knows how many times the stories got changed or how the writers wanted to add their own touch. Let's not forget the Councils. The "conventions" where religious leaders would literally change text or add text into the bible that they found would suit their needs. Many decisions which were added for fear purposes (such as hell) and money purposes.

makes me sick.

EDIT: Catholicism* makes me sick.

Dude. It's called google translate. If it's a website, link me and I'll translate it.
dude, it's called its a youtube video and I don't wanna take notes and translate them.
and dont take me as a hypocriyt. but the catholic church said that the earth was in the middle of the universe, and the sun orbited it. on the outskirts if the universe is heaven. plz, catholic church.

Last edited:
but the catholic church said that the earth was in the middle of the universe, and the sun orbited it. on the outskirts if the universe is heaven. plz, catholic church.
It's no more ridiculous than claiming the Universe was made in its present form in only a week or that Noah somehow managed to fit every land animal on Earth into a wooden boat without it sinking.

Besides, the Catholic Church abandoned that doctrine years ago.

no, it said one pair of EVERY land animal. that means everyting from a mouse to an elephant. and no boat can be built of wood and still float if filled with that many animals. it would have to be the size of a large city, like say new york. and sadly thats too much for one guy to do in one lifetime, even by todays standards

Not to mention that the geocentric theory wasn't solely based upon anyone's interpretation of the Bible that man is the center of the universe and all that jazz, the Bible pretty much states the heliocentric theory isn't true (which is wrong). The idea that the earth was the center of the universe didn't just originate from their own ideas, they were lead to believe as such by "God's Word".
Then Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel: Sun, stand still over Gibeon; and Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon. So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the people had revenge upon their enemies. Is this not written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hastened to go down for about a whole day. And there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that the Lord heeded a voice of a man; for the Lord fought for Israel. (Joshua 10:12-14).

I'm going to have to spend as much time as I spent "off" this site just reading everything everyone's written while I was gone..I'll enjoy it, but it'll take me some time. I recently registered on sessionone, and checked back on this site and realized that many people became active and responsive with regards to this topic. Wow...good seeing you all again, I'm back in college, classes started today so I'm still going to be busy...

By the way, I believe that a single, perfect, Good God exists.

I'm going to have to spend as much time as I spent "off" this site just reading everything everyone's written while I was gone..I'll enjoy it, but it'll take me some time. I recently registered on sessionone, and checked back on this site and realized that many people became active and responsive with regards to this topic. Wow...good seeing you all again, I'm back in college, classes started today so I'm still going to be busy...

By the way, I believe that a single, perfect, Good God exists.

O_O. Welcome back, and ill be doing the reading aswell. I just completely forgot about this thread. And im still in the middle of believing god, and not beliving.

no, it said one pair of EVERY land animal. that means everyting from a mouse to an elephant. and no boat can be built of wood and still float if filled with that many animals. it would have to be the size of a large city, like say new york. and sadly thats too much for one guy to do in one lifetime, even by todays standards

The Bible is full of things that would be impossible without God's power. For example, Jesus fed a crowd of upward of 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread and two fish, and by the time the food has been distributed there were 12 baskets of leftover food.

The Bible gives the dimensions of the ark in cubits which works out to the size of around 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. That's the volume of about 570 railroad cars. There's no problem whatsoever with a structure of that size floating. Also the Bible refers to bring "kinds" of animals, which is somewhat ambiguous of specifically what that means. It doesn't necessarily mean species. But also, some animals were 7 pairs, not just 1 pair. Plus he had to take food. Then God himself closed the door and sealed it.

Back