Not open for further replies.

MysticGohan

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
pickering, Ontario Canada
Wii Online Code
2476-7789-3835-5591
Don't pump gas on MAY 15th

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If al l users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000, 000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not

go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

SPREAD THE WORD!

Yeah, im also in Scotland and i cant drive yet, so it doesnt affect me till next year.

1) How about tomorrow Americans drive the speed limit for a day?
2) Dude, gas in the mid-90s was CHEAP. In around 1996 gas was ~$1/gallon in Ohio when I was in h.s. ONE FREAKIN' DOLLAR!!! Cheaper than milk! But I digress...
3) There's no comparison between Europe and the U.S. The plethora of SUVs and other gas guzzlers do increase demand for oil. However, the U.S. is just a *teeny* bigger in land size, the avg commute is longer, and our mass transit system as a whole sucks (with a few major cities being exceptions).

my contribution is to get a 2007 Kawasaki Z1000 motorcycle sometime soon, 40mpg and tons o fun :)

Perhaps if so much effort was put into stopping people driving gas-guzzling SUV's then gas usage wouldn't be as much a problem as it is. Hell, the technology is ready for cars which don't even need a fossil-fuel source but the constant use of combustion engines means the oil companies have more than enough incentive to keep selling the stuff and more than enough money to keep the companies making these cars subsidised (unofficially of course).

Either way; I don't drive so I don't care.

DRMARIO said:
If it costs $50 dollars to fill up your car with 'Gas', which I'm assuming is the same as Petrol/Diesel, tranaslated, it's about £30.
It costs Alot more for my mother to fill her car, about £40 - £50 ..which is about $80 I think..
i did the maths for another forum, if you take the price per litre in the uk to be 92.9p, then on average we pay $7 a gallon. so no complaing americans

DRMARIO said:
If it costs $50 dollars to fill up your car with 'Gas', which I'm assuming is the same as Petrol/Diesel, tranaslated, it's about £30.
It costs Alot more for my mother to fill her car, about £40 - £50 ..which is about $80 I think..
Exactly. They're complaining about nothing.
Accept that you get everything cheap in America and get over it.

Fortnox said:

no! we are complaining because theres no justification for the current gas prices. isnt it funny how the prices dropped a tad right before xmas? hmmm i wonder why? could it be the retail industry wanted their piece of the pie? LOL

Earthworm Jim said:
no! we are complaining because theres no justification for the current gas prices. isnt it funny how the prices dropped a tad right before xmas? hmmm i wonder why? could it be the retail industry wanted their piece of the pie? LOL
or er maybe you got some more oil from the war in iraq.

Fortnox said:

Re: #3 from my 1st post....you can't compare Europe and the U.S. for oil consumption, geez. I fill up my car about once a week, ~300 miles/480 km. DRMARIO, does your mom pay £200 per month for gas?

You're right, you can't compare. Americans are such lazy, fat ****s that they drive around the corner instead of walking and hence consume more gas than any European would.

Go figure, right?

:mad2:

I agree with Griever, I saw a video once where some guy in america came around the corner [From his apartment]
Went into the shop [Left the car engine running]
Did a U turn
Back to his apartment [Or the building he was in]

However. I don't agree with Grievers other statment on Gas Guzzler Cars.
Since my favourite car is a Mitsubishi Warrior L200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back