Final Smashes unbalanced?

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
Does anyone else find the Final Smashes to be unbalanced? Many are 1 hit kills. Some will take out people with low damage (e.g., Link, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ike, etc.), some can take out multiple people (e.g., Ganondorf, Samus, Fox/Link/Falco, etc.), while others little to no damage and offer little advantages (e.g., Kirby, Peach, Pit, Luigi, etc.).

Does anyone find this to be unbalanced?

obviously

but you'll notice that people with crappy final smashes get it waaaay faster and way more often than people who don't

when I play with Pit I ALWAYS get the smash ball

SantaClaws said:
obviously

but you'll notice that people with crappy final smashes get it waaaay faster and way more often than people who don't

Are you sure about that? I'm not convinced. For example, Fox (and his clones) can get it very easily by doing that stupid flying fire thing just once. The players with crappy FS's only have the opportunity to get them faster only because they tend to be faster characters and can get to the ball sooner.

i agree with Atomheart.
the final smashes are completely unbalanced.
the power of the smash also does not depend on the strength/speed of the character.
for example: King Deededee is right around the strongest character in the game, yet his finisher is right around the crappiest of all.
comparing him to...say...olimar, who if you dont move your cheeks quickly will demolish you with his instant K.O final smash.
another example of how they are unbalanced is in the accuracy needed for their use.
i again, refer to olimar. no accuracy required at all, and yet he has one of the strongest smashes.
i compare this to...say...Zelda/Sheik (one of my favorite characters)
their final smash takes a great deal of accuration before launch, and yet is not always a guaranteed K.O.
again, i agree with Atomheart.
the final smashes are way out of balance.

They are extremely unbalanced, which is why they should not be used in a competitive match IMO.

Jigglypuff has one of the worst ones yet she is also one of the worst characters.

SantaClaws said:
obviously

Nah I think it's just 'cause Pit's UAir involves him spinning the sword fast landing multiple hits on the ball and getting the FS glow.

Atomheart said:
Does anyone else find the Final Smashes to be unbalanced? Many are 1 hit kills. Some will take out people with low damage (e.g., Link, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ike, etc.), some can take out multiple people (e.g., Ganondorf, Samus, Fox/Link/Falco, etc.), while others little to no damage and offer little advantages (e.g., Kirby, Peach, Pit, Luigi, etc.).

Does anyone find this to be unbalanced?

There is only 1 guaranteed 1 hit kill smash and that would be Marth's.

This also has much to do with the unbalenceded-nessum of this game, some final smashes are like BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM CRACK SMASH WOOOOOOOOOT YOU DIE and some are like HAHA YOUR ASLEEP I WILL EAT FRUIT NOW. Its kind of retarded if you think about it.

werting4 said:
maxing my cock

What cock?

Because he wasn't talking about final smashes??? My post was more focused on the Final Smashes of characters, about how some are awesome (Marth) and how some are relatively useless (peach).

Donkey kong final smash is pretty gay..
And why do they call it "final smash"?
Its not really FINAL smash, u know what i mean?

Dorkfish said:
What cock?

Because he wasn't talking about final smashes??? My post was more focused on the Final Smashes of characters, about how some are awesome (Marth) and how some are relatively useless (peach).

Yea, understood. I was just trying to find out/prove to myself why they'd make some smashes useless...

And yea they're not Final all the time.

Final Smashes? Unbalanced?

Jeez, it's not like there is going to be multiple ones going on at once.

marth one is strong but it seem like i miss a lot like i stop because there a item in front of me but i should be able to go right through the item

Back