Food Irradiation

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
Should we increase shelf life, and prevent illness by irradiating food with no health effects, or are you a moron who thinks you're going to glow in the dark?

Discuss.

I'm all for it. Just like GM crops, the media blows the "dangers" ridiculously out of proportion.

They just use the mindset of the ignorant to fuel their campaign.

Also, water with radium in it from the 40's and 50's didn't really help to ease our minds now.

I wouldn't really mind, as long as it doesn't alter the taste of the food.

or are you a moron who thinks you're going to glow in the dark?

It doesn't help that the Fallout 3 game uses this belief, along with the belief that roaches would undoubtedly survive a nuclear holocaust with extreme levels of radiation.

:lol:

Maybe if Cartoon Land decideds to nuke us.

Heh.

My main concern for food irradiation, is would it impair/alter the flavour & texture? Wouldn't it destroy some of the nutrients?

I think there's a few grocery stores over here that sells irradiated food (with the Radura logo on it) but I've yet to try any of it.. or know anyone that has.

Should we increase shelf life, and prevent illness by irradiating food with no health effects, or are you a moron who thinks you're going to glow in the dark?

Discuss.
A glow in the dark penis is fine too.

tell your friend i like her asian sig :wink:

104_.gif
Awww, you're too much.

I want an unhealthy option and a healthy one. There's been a significant cut in the amount of salt in food, and it really doesn't taste the same. Companies shouldn't really be making unhealthy food a tiny bit healthier (but making it still horrifically unhealthy) because it'd probably just be making people worse. There are those idiots who will fall for it, like those who "didn't know" fast food was bad for them. It should be like Coke and Coke Zero. If you want it that much, it's there. I'm all for getting longer shelf lives, but pretty much nothing is ever unused well before it. Maybe I'm just a fatass.

Back