How many Spoilers will you Allow Yourself to See?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Its simple. We all know that the Japanese version is going to be released soon. We also all know that there won't be many differences in the US and Japan versions, seeing as there isn't much voice-acting and whatnot.

Its not just what you will allow yourself to see, its what you will avoid seeing. Its going to be a CHALLENGE to avoid spoilers, and I don't think some of you understand that. The entire subspace will be all over youtube, including the ending scenes! Surely none of you would want to spoil that?

Whats that? You just want to know all of the characters and how to unlock them? Its not that simple. Characters are going to be unlocked through the Subspace, [says Sakurai] so if you want to know how to unlock them, you're going to HAVE to ruin most of the storyline.

You just want to know the starting roster? Easier said than done. I dare you to risk finding it on google before finding the entire roster, spoiling the entire thing for you.

I personally am going to try to see as little information as possible. I don't know if I'm going to have to avoid this entire section, or if you guys will have the respect to keep spoilers in their appropriate threads. I know I'll get spoiled on a few things, its bound to happen, but I'm going to do my best to stop it. So, I'm just warning you guys that those days between Japan's release and the US's release, although few, are going to be difficult ones. What will you allow yourself to see? Where will you allow yourself to travel? And what will you *accidentally* type into google?

Be strong, fellow Brawler's. Be strong. It will all be worth it on February tenth.

You can use this thread to discuss what you're going to spoil for yourself and what you aren't. You can also brainstorm ideas as to how we can try to organize spoiler and non-spoiler discussion in this section after the Japan release.

The toughest part is not only that, but the fact that once discovered, people will want to reserve certain secret characters for use in the tournament...so that will be a problem.

Personally, I enjoy spoilers...when I see plotlines I just get excited and get more urges to play. Also, if I get to know how to unlock certain characters faster, I'll be able to master them sooner and rule online.

I will want to know everything EXCEPT THE CHARACTERS. everything else, i wanna know about

I think Levesque has a great idea... With all the spoilers finding their way to every nook and cranny of the World Wide Web, the chances of not seeing any spoilers is improbable up to full isolation from the world... Maybe people should post spoilers in Spoiler tags with titles over them... Allowing those who feel like seeing an aforementioned subject (like the starting roster) and not spoil anything else. Hopefully no one will be stupid enough to post these in open chat...:ciappa:

We would need a moderator's help [we really do need a Brawl moderator sooner rather than later].

We would need an announcement saying no spoilers in titles (This is a biggie) and to keep all spoilers in spoiler tags, along with having specific threads specified as 'No spoiler zones.'

However, you know that won't solve all of the problems. There are going to be plenty of newbs running around posting spoilers in every thread they see [looking for praise, thinking they are the first to find the news].

Its going to be a war.

A lot. I don't really care for spoilers because in the end i will still be 'brawling' as much since it's such an awesome game.

This was a good subject to bring up, though.
There will most definitely be a rule against purposely spoiling the game for people.

I find myself with the problem that I don't want things spoiled for me, yet I don't want to be left behind, if there is certain knowledge floating around. I'll most likely be reading any and all spoilers. Hated being a couple years late for Melee.

just how well pit, metanight, and snake are for useage kuz i plan on maining them.

and for those of you wanting to know ho the main roster is, i think i can help, the demo characters are prolly them

wi-fi04_071207d-l.jpg

Last edited:
Back