I'm Glad the Wii Cant Play DVD's and MP3's!!!!

CyanRussel said:
Everyone has MP3's on their Ipod..!?!:wtf:

Home theater.....huh?

I can't even respond to those kind remarks
I would appreciate it if you would respond, because I don't know what you're getting at.

D4L_Wii said:
I'm GLAD that the wii cant play DVD's and MP3's.

Nintendo are stricktly for gaming and nothing else, is that so bad? I mean we have DVD Players to watch movies, and computers, mp3 players ect for music.

Unlike Sony and Microsoft X-Box, they do use DVD players and Music and Games which is ok but it focuses away from the gaming.

I hope that the Wii never does attach DVD and Music Playback because then they'll focus away from the True Meaning of their company of Nintendo.

GAMING​

Thanks,
D4L_Wii
The Crashsphere

Yes. We also have an internet browser for interneting, TV for the weather and newspaper and TVs for the news. So why did nintendo include those? I mean, if you're going to include stuff like that, at least put in a DVD player or something useful...

CyanRussel said:
Why would i want to respond to something, THAT DOESNT EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE...

Such as i quote "Everyone has Mp3's on their Ipod"...<Thats not even worth to comment....>
Hmm. I still don't follow you. Also, you seem to have missed the "or computer" part of my comment.

You're at a computer now, right? Is there at least one mp3 file on it? I think it's reasonably safe to assume that there is.

How would you play this mp3 file in your living room?

I have an old xbox running XBMC (xbox media center), and I'm currently using that to play a whole bunch of Christmas music. It's great. There's no fuss with burning CDs. It'll even play streaming radio. www.somafm.com has some great Christmas streams this time of year. Wouldn't it be nice if the Wii could do the same?

I'm going to put that on right now. Merry Christmas everybody!

No it won't. Being able to play DVDs doesn't detract from anything. The PS2 played DVDs and had amazing games. The functionality is there, that's why it's annoying.

People just like to be *so* unconventional without putting any effort to it. If there's a way they can do that AND suck up to their favourite game-box assembler, then whoa!!!1

Putting up with something that's pretty undeniably crap also makes you BADASS and a patron of a HARD KNOCK LIFE. 'cos we can't be happy if we have things good, can we?

Last edited:
Budo said:
Yea, if Nintendo were to ever create - for example - a weather channel, a news channel, a photo channel and a voting channel that had absolutely nothing to do with gaming, I would be very upset since that would take the focus away from gaming. I mean, who in the heck doesn't have a computer to do all of this stuff already? I'm just glad that Nintendo doesn't add useless things like the above examples I listed, or a useless doll dress-up simulator, that would be friggin' hilarious. But again, I'm glad Nintendo doesn't do such things...

:lol:

Ding Ding Ding........the winner......./thread

Last edited:
^ No. It's conveinient to use a gaming console/DvD. Then you don't have to have another ugly piece of plastic and wires beside your TV.
Why get a HDTV? Because it looks a million times better then a normal TV. You would see the difference.

i understand why you wouldnt want a dvd player for the wii. I have had a ps2for about 3 years and i dont own and ps2 games i only use it as a dvd player. if fact my dad bought it at a garage sale because he thought it was a dvd player. i find it humorus what happened to the ps2 but i would hate for the wii to end up the same way

D4L_Wii said:
WHAT BREED IS THIS DOG!!!! PLEASE HELP ME, PM ME PLEASE - FOR A BETTER PIC, PM ME AND ILL GIVE YOU A LINK TO IT

Your dog looks like a cross between a Border Terrier and a Beagle. :)

BorderTerrier_tilly_2.jpg

+

beagle_picture.jpg

The only reason i would want a DVD player in my Wii is because it would save a tiny bit of space. But yeah most people do already have DVD players, and like that one guy said it wears the system out faster.

I don't see the point in having game consoles play DVDs because I already have 3 DVD players, and 2 of them are on the same TV, and plus people use consoles that play DVDs just to play DVDs. A DVD player will probably have better quality and quality control than a Wii would anyway at playing DVDs.

I just don't like the concept of all in one devices.

I don't see the point in having game consoles play DVDs because I already have 3 DVD players, and 2 of them are on the same TV, and plus people use consoles that play DVDs just to play DVDs. A DVD player will probably have better quality and quality control than a Wii would anyway at playing DVDs.

I just don't like the concept of all in one devices.

The thing is that the functionality is already there, so they may as well include it.

Back