Official Car Thread

I think I've seen the SEAT Leon on adverts... the person turns into metal, kinda freaky, but a nice car... Has anyone seen someone driving in a Lamborghini? I have yet to see a Lambo on the road, seen a few Ferraris, but never a Lambo!

I'm probably gonna end up selling the house when I grow up to buy a nice Murcialago

Or maybe I'll stick with the Lotus Exige or Mazda RX-8.

I'll give you guys all a good car. Ford Crown Victoria. Those think are freaking tanks man. They are freaking huge cars, V8 engines, good gas mileage, the air conditioning is freakin' awesome, they're great to travel in, and it will never fail on you. I know all this because my dad has a '94 Crown Vic with over 300k and it still runs perfect. But I'm only 13 and I can't drive it lol. My family also owns:
Iszu Trooper (For plowing our drive way... we have a huge drive way): This is an amazing wehicle. It managed to plow through almost 3 feet of snow with stock tires.
2003 Chevy Silverado: Great trucks. They run great and have a ton of cab space.
2006 Chevy Impala: Pretty decent cars. I really like the interior. But when I got in it for the first time I felt like i was locked uo in a tiny room. I was to used to riding in that huge Crown Vic for so many years. And on a side note, our Crown Vic gets better gas mileage than our Impala:lol:

yep yep. My friend bought a crown vic at auction. retired cop car. solid black. Still had the police issue brush guard. 100,000 miles...3000 dollars.

a month later, he hit a tree...liek..nothing happened to it.

and while we were checking out the cars in the lot of the auction....it was the only one we could get to power brake. even out of all the trucks and such.

Well, if it was a former cop car, then I wouldn't be surprised if they suped up the engine and defense of the vehicle. They're beasts.

Actually, that's a misconception. Crown vics are just that awesome, the "cop editions" just put like....bars. b/w the front and rear, no door handles, linoleum in the back for vomit, stuff like that. Body and engine are all stock.

No, I'm not sure about that, maybe my town is different from your town. They add the grille guards for front and rear, but they also raise the engine status.

EDIT: Nice avatar.

The crown vic police intercepter version gets plenty of upgrades though not to engine internals. For example higher capacity alternator, power stearing cooler, 1st gear kickdown at higher speeds (for accelerating out of turns), precisely calibrated speedometer etc..

Most taxis are actually retired cop cars...

ciper said:
The crown vic police intercepter version gets plenty of upgrades though not to engine internals. For example higher capacity alternator, power stearing cooler, 1st gear kickdown at higher speeds (for accelerating out of turns), precisely calibrated speedometer etc..

Most taxis are actually retired cop cars...

Not in Manhattan, here taxis are also Crown Vics. but have no upgrades that a police car would (obviously). The taxis have a grille guard and the car #. The models for taxis include:

Ford Escape
Ford Crown Victoria
Toyota Sienna

Here's a pic:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/Showroom/pho_Gallery/images/CrVicComm/01.jpg

Manhattan has so many taxis there aren't enough retired cop cars to keep up with the demand so I have no doubt they have to buy many new vehicles.

I bet if you look long enough you will see some police interceptor models. The quickest giveaway is missing trim on both front doors.

Back