Opinions on this advertisement?

Celeste

WiiChat Member
Jun 21, 2007
Wii Online Code
2937-4259-9208-4198
This is an advertisement for Prevent It, a Canadian workplace injury awareness/prevention thing. The intentions are good, it illustrates clearly and very effectively how easy accidents can happen.

...BUT. It's aired during times when little kids are home and watching TV.
My 7 year old nephew is having a lot of trouble sleeping over it =(

What do you guys think, is it a bit too much for the timeslot it airs durring?

It's short, just watch...kthx.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/9FcHU8vo_LA[/media]

Damn, yea that is a bit graphic. Though it does make it's point. I think they should reconsider when they show it and if they show the face after the dumping, that would make it more "friendly" to younger kids.

Well.. the advertisement is almost comical without it. But, it's creepy with it. Opinion: Don't go with the heels over head trip in a serious commercial.. ever.

Mm, yeah I think it's time slot is pretty messed up. If they aired it at like 10pm - 6am, then that's fine. Or air it on a channel that children will most likely not turn to. That **** looks like it came right out of a Final Destination sequel.

Gikoku said:
Mm, yeah I think it's time slot is pretty messed up. If they aired it at like 10pm - 6am, then that's fine. Or air it on a channel that children will most likely not turn to. That **** looks like it came right out of a Final Destination sequel.

Well it's obviously aimed at adults with jobs, so, I don't know what is wrong with airing it later. But in the middle of the day, damn, way to traumatise the poor kid.

Will kids who see this be afraid to get jobs that could be harmful in the future?
(Almost every job?)

Fire Flower said:
Will kids who see this be afraid to get jobs that could be harmful in the future?
(Almost every job?)

I don't think little five year olds will be thinking about their future that deeply.

Frogger said:
Well it's obviously aimed at adults with jobs, so, I don't know what is wrong with airing it later. But in the middle of the day, damn, way to traumatise the poor kid.

Obviously.

Looks more like another way to make someone paranoid when they go to work everyday. Lots of people have enough problems going into work everyday without a commercial reminding them on how to have a freak accident.

I love these commercials, it'd make a great internet "Owned!" ad. I don't think they do much in the way of workplace safety because most will look at it as, something to laugh at or shrug off.

On a side note, I lol'd at these.

Back