Super Smash Bros. 4

Well well... The pace quickens as Smash Bros. comes ever closer to its release...

So PAC-Man... I dunno what I think about that.

The "Big 4" all in one game and people are all, "Ehhhh, I dunno." :lol:

Have fun reading through this long ass post. MUWHAHAHA! Or skim through it, ya' know, if you're a sane person. Only looks big 'cause of quotes to reply to.
------------------------
Walk off means that you can literally walk off the stage without falling and still die. For example the Bridge of Eldin from Brawl.

I think everyone can just take the ledge and the other one will be pushed off. I'm curious to see how it'll work in competetive games, but I think just guarding the ledge will be much more important than hanging on it.
You mean from the sides (like Green Hill Zone, Mushroom Kingdom 1/2, Onett)?

So edges can be grabbed when someone else is already on it? A lot of people drop and regrab it to refresh their invincible frames though. It's probably more aggressive now.

http://smashboards.com/threads/guid...-no-hacks-required-now-with-project-m.355374/

Follow the instructions and download the file under "Project M."
Thank you, kind sir. Unfortunately I cannot do this as I've previously said; my cousin has "borrowed" my Wii for the time being. I have, however, been successful in installing it on my laptop via Dolphin+Netplay.
Would this work for the Wii U as well?

I meant to tell ya t' private message Mr. MR about netplay and such. Sorry for the poor wordin'.
Don't know if there's much to say about it. I mean if Mr. MR wants to talk/fight/help me in anyway, he's more than encouraged to.

Then why did I, and tens of thousands'a others, use these "official" rules, havin' even more fun than without them?

Fun is solely based on perception, down to one's point of view and personality. What's fun for one ain't fun for another.
Too many constantly changing rules you have to keep track of. It's mostly for people who love poke with a raging passion and are competitive enough. I can't stop you from playing a certain way, and I'm not trying too. Sure you can play by those rules, but why limit yourself? That's not how I play. As long as your opponent has a chance and you're not being an uber-jackass using all legends/sleep clause on everyone/etc. I feel crippled (no offense to anyone who is) when there're things I can't do but could. That's my perception. -(ty)rant(rum) over-

So PAC-Man... I dunno what I think about that.
Whatever I do think 'bout Pacman, I don't think much. Bit of a token character in my eyes, really.
It's classic. Nerds like me called this a long time ago.
C'mon. The Pac-Attack with the wakka wakka? Sure he seems lame, but he's in the game right? I feel the same about Sonic sometimes.

Can some Sonic expert/user justify his moveset for me with valid reasons?
I always thought he would have the Bounce move (SA2Battle Bounce Bracelet) or Stomp or Sonic Wind (same game). Maybe now he'll have the Somersault/Flying kick move from Lost World.

The "Big 4" all in one game and people are all, "Ehhhh, I dunno." :lol:
It's not really about them, I'd say. They don't seem like they've been given VIP treatment anyways. My body is ready for that Wii Fit Trainer (female) though.

I guess Nintendo should have rolled out a bigger red carpet for Sonic, MegaMan, and Pac-Man. It definitely seems to lack the fanfare such a momentous occasion in gaming deserves.

Thank you, kind sir. Unfortunately I cannot do this as I've previously said; my cousin has "borrowed" my Wii for the time being. I have, however, been successful in installing it on my laptop via Dolphin+Netplay. Would this work for the Wii U as well?
I haven't tested it myself, but it should. plz dont tell me you only play project m on your laptop

@KRKanon: Yeah from the sides, those are right examples as well. Stages like those are (almost) always banned in official tourneys.
And yeah you got the other thing right as well. I don't even know if there is still invincibility when you grab onto a ledge.

They did say they're gonna change the grab mechanics, with the whole throwing people of the ledge by grabbing it yourself, but it could also have an impact on the invincibility... Which I think it has.

I guess Nintendo should have rolled out a bigger red carpet for Sonic, MegaMan, and Pac-Man. It definitely seems to lack the fanfare such a momentous occasion in gaming deserves.

I'm pretty indifferent towards all of them but you're probably right, they just did the "red, blue, and yellow" thing in Pac-man's intro video.

My body is ready for that Wii Fit Trainer (female) though.
plz palutena and rosalina are hotter

Sorry but I gotta be standard here... I think Samus is the hottest by far.

Boobs are awesome.
Nipples are my life.

Therefore, Captain Falcon is the hottest after all.

You liked that George Clooney Batman suit, didn't you?

Don't know if there's much to say about it. I mean if Mr. MR wants to talk/fight/help me in anyway, he's more than encouraged to.

He can't, gone camping lol. He may miss your posts 'bout Netplay, which is why I told ya t' PM him.

Too many constantly changing rules you have to keep track of.

No lol. Nintendo's official ruleset is literally, permanently unchanging since day of launch. Always is. Smogon OU, the most standardized and widely practiced ruleset amongst competitives and casuals alike, is only in a state of flux because so many Mega Evolutions are even scarier than many of the most broken legendaries. No rules are changing, just unfair Pokemon being plucked from the metagame every month or two... this is only the second time OU has been in such a state of flux, actually. Hasn't happened since right before Black/White's release, when the ban hammer came down on the broken dragon/steel-abusing teams of late.

More importantly, ya don't have to follow Smogon rules anyways. People on Smogon.com even play with their own non-Smogon house rules lol. There's no such thing as a truly official ruleset, bar Ninty's rules, which are forever unchanging.

Why limit yourself?

We "limit" ourselves to prevent players from bein' an uber-jackass using all the overpowered legendaries/putting an opponent's entire team to sleep/getting maxed out Evasion in three turns and winning through pure luck/etc. Rules place limitations, but these limitations prevent usage of bullshit strategies anyone can use to snag easy wins. That BROADENS the metagame by forcing people to not abuse broken tactics, to explore their options, to try new things. That's the beauty of rulesets! We're breaking limitations by enforcing limitations. It's a lot less fun when literally everyone is using a Mega Kangaskhan or a team made entirely of sleep/evasion abusers. It's a lot more fun when you see lesser used Pokemon and discover something completely new midst a battle.

In short, it's the same reason why chess players "limit" themselves with a timer: to prevent stalling, a tactic that breaks the game, as indefinite stalling can either break a foe's patience and cheaply mess with their game or simply allow one to never lose by never takin' their turn. Like the things banned in Pokemon, it's not JUST an unfair tactic: it's also poor sportsmanship we're trying to ban.

I guess Nintendo should have rolled out a bigger red carpet for Sonic and MegaMan. It definitely seems to lack the fanfare such a momentous occasion in gaming deserves.

nah

Blue Bomber hype was absolutely ridiculous. The Blue Blur had his hype moment back in the days of Brawl.

I don't even know if there is still invincibility when you grab onto a ledge.

Almost definitely, assuredly is. Ya still flash when grabbin' the edge, same as when ya respawn, the key indicator you're invincible.

Boobs are awesome.
Nipples are my life.

Therefore, Captain Falcon is the hottest after all.

sig worthy

Back