Super Smash Bros. 4

You liked that George Clooney Batman suit, didn't you?

Well said my good sir, well said

On a different note, did you guys actually use Mario's F.L.U.D.D. attack (somewhat) effectively? I was just wondering if Nintendo would get rid of it. the move is fun to use at times but I'd prefer an actual attack like his tornado attack from melee

Needs more Konami love

they have loads of great characters other than mr Boring (Snake)

On a different note, did you guys actually use Mario's F.L.U.D.D. attack (somewhat) effectively? I was just wondering if Nintendo would get rid of it. the move is fun to use at times but I'd prefer an actual attack like his tornado attack from melee
I met a Mario once that would troll my Ike's recovery with it, but otherwise, no. I want him to get a new Down-B as well.

You dont wanna play as the Pac?

Whats the matter?

You Yella?

I'll cut down on the amount of page space I'm using by utilizing spoiler tags! You can read each one, I'm just replying to certain people in an easy to read fashion. I hope.
------------------------

@Trago & @Captain:
I haven't tested it myself, but it should. plz dont tell me you only play project m on your laptop
Normally, no. I play it on the Wii. But right now, laptop is my only option as I don't have my Wii now, don't know [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] if I will again. However, if the Wii U method works, I'll be quite excited and more likely to get it sooner.

They did say they're gonna change the ledge grab mechanics, with the whole throwing people of the ledge by grabbing it yourself, but it could also have an impact on the invincibility... Which I think it has.
Could just be shorter invincibility frames. Leans towards air-game aggression if the ledge thing is true. I also remember something about percentages affecting how long the frames are. I hardly noticed that in the previous games (I'm not a edgehog, more of a ledgehog).
------------------------

@Squid:
plz palutena and rosalina are hotter
I'm more strictly talking about playing as her [WFT]. 'Tena looks fascinating to play but has a more traditional moveset, and I know I'm not gonna be ablle to effectively play Rosa.
Besides we all know Zero Suit is the best sexiness. (what's with her heels anyway? at least color scheme them with the rest of her)

bringing up ridley again
I think this makes a good point, not that I'm as optimistic as the author is
I just feel like he's more appropriate as a stage hazard. Like Yellow Devil or how he was in Dead Or Alive: Dimensions though much smaller in size. I'm sure I know nothing though.
------------------------

@KoiKing:
He can't, gone camping lol. He may miss your posts 'bout Netplay, which is why I told ya t' PM him.
He'll figure it out. I just need to test it, really. Since he has more exp than I, his opinions and input would prove useful I suppose.

Nintendo's official ruleset is unchanging. Smogon OU is only in a state of flux because so many Mega Evolutions are even scarier than many of the most broken legendaries. No rules are changing, just unfair Pokemon being plucked from the metagame every month or two...

Ya don't have to follow Smogon rules anyways. People on Smogon.com even play with their own non-Smogon house rules lol. There's no such thing as a truly official ruleset, bar Ninty's rules, which are forever unchanging.
Two seperate rulesets confused me. Well since the almighty 'Karp knows more than I, I better stop arguing pointlessly 'fore I get a scale stuffed up my bum. Though I gotta say that second part means you're agreeing with me (on that one point of fun).

We "limit" ourselves to prevent players from bein' an uber-jackasses. Rules place limitations, that BROADENS the metagame by forcing people to explore new options. It's more fun when you see lesser used Pokemon and discover something completely new.

In short, it's the unfair things banned in Pokemon or an unfair tactic. It's also poor sportsmanship we're trying to ban.
I presume no aurgument when it's actually used like that. Still the overarching problem is in question. Limits are not fun. There are counter measures to nearly everything. When common sense and decency is added, jackassery is no more. But I guess that's too random.

I am just a casual Trainer, and thus this has little impact on me. Rules aren't my forte', more like guidelines.
------------------------

Needs more Konami love

they have loads of great characters other than mr Boring (Snake)
I'll take one Simon Belmont please, and a side of Duo Contra Guys.
------------------------

Mario's F.L.U.D.D. / Squirtle's water gun (?) was horrible beyond trolling bad recoveries.
I mean I've used it, but it didn't serve as a primary attack.

Last edited:
I actually really liked trolling people with FLUDD. And even though I'd prefer Mario having a different move, I prefer FLUDD over the tornado, just because Luigi already has the tornado. I'm pretty excited what they're gonna do with FLUDD in the custom moves. Maybe bring out different FLUDD forms? Cause that would be EPIC!
Or maybe make it shoot fire or something else instead. I'm suddenly really looking forward to all the custom moves :D

Yes Ridley for stage hazard, for sure.
Also: I didn't think Palutena's moves were standard at all... They were really fascinating imo and I'm definitely gonna like playing as her. Just like Little Mac, Rosalina and some other new characters, she looked really overpowered in her trailer. Maybe because they probably showed off some of her custom moves as well.

I don't find Snake boring, but I love me some variety (and Snake is not gonna return anyway) so a new Konami character would be pretty awesome indeed.

Last edited:
I actually really liked trolling people with FLUDD. And even though I'd prefer Mario having a different move, I prefer FLUDD over the tornado, just because Luigi already has the tornado. I'm pretty excited what they're gonna do with FLUDD in the custom moves. Maybe bring out different FLUDD forms? Cause that would be EPIC!
Or maybe make it shoot fire or something else instead. I'm suddenly really looking forward to all the custom moves

Also: I didn't think Palutena's moves were standard at all... They were really fascinating imo and I'm definitely gonna like playing as her. Just like Little Mac, Rosalina and some other new characters, she looked really overpowered in her trailer. Maybe because they probably showed off some of her custom moves as well.

I'm guessing FLUDD doesn't do damage? I saw in footage of gameplay that FLUDD looked like it was visually hurting the enemy, but I never got to play the demo. Also for Palutena it wasn't just some of her custom moves. It was all of them. All twelve attacks she called out were her special options. I wanna try to map them fairly accurately:

UP: Warp, Rocket Jump, Jump Glide
NEUTRAL: Heavenly Light, Autoreticle, Celestial Fireworks
SIDE: Explosive Flame, Angelic Missile, Super Speed
DOWN: Reflect Barrier, Counter, Lightweight

I say Lightweight is most likely a down special because it is probably a "buff" like it was in KI:U. It will change her from her normal running speed to her faster-than-Sonic speed. She will definitely receive more knockback when this is active.

plz palutena and rosalina are hotter

Peach all the way, men. On that note though, Sakurai sure likes to make her appear to be getting around in the miiverse posts and website pics.

did nintendo officially say something about tweaking the invicibility regarding ledge grabbing?

In one Miiverse post (don't feel like looking for it) Sakurai states that your invincibility frames regarding ledge grabbing are static now as opposed to being damage-based. I think that's the only change he stated as far as I know.

I'm guessing FLUDD doesn't do damage? I saw in footage of gameplay that FLUDD looked like it was visually hurting the enemy, but I never got to play the demo.

Peach all the way, men.

In one Miiverse post (don't feel like looking for it) Sakurai states that your invincibility frames regarding ledge grabbing are static now as opposed to being damage-based. I think that's the only change he stated as far as I know.

1.Wait, so Mario definitely has his F.L.U.D.D. move still for the new smash?
2. but Peach's voice.....
3. what do you mean by static vs. damage-based?

----------------------------------

@Captain: If they did keep Mario's FLUDD attack, I'm curious as well to see the customization behind it. but I still prefer a physical attack if at all possible

Yes Mario keeps the FLUDD move.

Static = Always the same amount of invincibility frames when you grab a ledge.
Damage based = The more damage you have, the more invincibility frames you get when you grab a ledge.

Yeah I'm just using the pro controller. Not that different.

Back