Super Smash Bros. 4

51459145.jpg

That's odd. I don't remember seeing Little Mac in the Melee trailer they showed at E3. Man, I can't wait to get a GameCube!

Anyone else sad/mad Mew2King didn't enter the E3 Smash Tourney?
Where was Armada and Mango for that Peach and Fox action? I mean it was more of a friendly type tourney, not a straight up competitive one...
-------------------------

Replys are killing me X0
@KoiKing
Always thought they were in collaboration. So when a tourn is set up, which rules are used? Or is it ever changing?

It always depresses me when someone says this... don't be afraid t' have a friendly discussion with a mod. I don't ban people over a debate lol. Well, not 'til they resort to name callin'.
I'm not afraid, mod or whatever. I just don't have a good argument. Plus it's so late/early in the morn... It's not an excuse, I'm just saying my situtation.

Don't get what ya mean.
Having fun is the important part? It's based on the individual?

Why do board games have rules? To give parameters of how t' play the game [STRIKE]with the most fun[/STRIKE]. Limitations make things [STRIKE] MORE fun[/STRIKE] creative/challenging and in turn, making them more fun when properly implemented.
*Edited
I'd like to think it's the little niches between that make it fun.

What stops a rampaging Mega Kangaskhan/Mega Blaziken/SwagKey/Scarf Kyogre's Water Spout spam?

Mostly only stopped by a handful of Pokemon that're just as broken: which is to say, you only stop it at the cost of using broken overpowered legendaries of your own. That's a great cost.

In Pokemon, there're tons of overpowered Pokemon in general. Half of which aren't even legendary.
You gotta anticipate for it. Overcoming the obstacle is part of the game. Switch up your strat or leave because chances are they won't be changing theirs for a while. Using one mega is going to be common now, which shouldn't be to difficult with a good team. Tiers happen, people use certain poke, your possibilities have been limited. Do what you can. Casuals will always do this and find ways like it even when rules are in place.

There're more "win at any cost" casual players than there are competitive players at all, good sports or not. As for an example of a lack'a common sense, a good one would be that all legendaries are commonly banned.
They know nothing of sportsmanship. All legends are cheap and should always be banned.

I blanked out a couple times just staring at this screen...

Mario Cape is always better. I guess what you're using FLUDD for can make somehat a difference.
Though unlikely, reverse FLUDD for horizontal recovery?
Too far to punish bad moves? Use FLUDD.
Gotta say I have died a couple times FLUDD pushed me off stage while I was performing A-jabs with Ike making me do the N-Air swirl thing. Impossible to recover from that. (right? tell me there wasn't any way or I've died so many times in vain)

Everytime I see Mr MR, I think of Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Last edited:
Always thought they were in collaboration.

... What? No lol. Smogon, Marriland, and whatever other competitive Pokeforums out there have literally no impact or relationship with Game Freak or Ninty. They don't even speak with representatives or nothin'.

So when a tourn is set up, which rules are used? Or is it ever changing?

Whose tournaments? If ya mean Nintendo's, it's all dependent on what tourney it is. The world championship VGC, and all the nationals/regionals that proceed it always have the same rules, but the monthly Wi-Fi tournaments are all designed to be quirky and have unique rulesets... like banning all Pokemon not native to Kalos, banning all items, or forcing you to make all your turns within 30 seconds.

If ya mean the competitive sites' hundreds of thousands'a tournaments, tournament rules are always listed in the first post lol.

Having fun is the important part? It's based on the individual?

Naturally. It's why I never force rules on casuals ('cept Sleep clause because fuck that noise).

thats all of what i was implying lol

I'd like to think it's the little niches between that make it fun.

How do ya mean? "Little niches between"?

You gotta anticipate for it.

You can't properly prepare for the aforementioned three Pokemon I listed, and countless other strategies. Things are banned because ya can't just prepare counters for it. Some things are literally too good and are therefore banned. By your logic, legendaries should never be banned and we can use everythin' however we please.

There're even things banned in the "Uber" tier, y'know (the tier where everything banned elsewhere isn't banned lol).

All legends are cheap and should always be banned.

[STRIKE]i take that back, gonna ban ya now[/STRIKE] I really hope you're not serious, otherwise I'm gonna make a book-long post on why that's so wrong lol.

Mario Cape is always better.

^

I have died a couple times being pushed off stage while I was performing A-jabs with Ike making me do the N-Air swirl thing. Impossible to recover from that.

i ****ing hate playing ike in lag because of that its infuriating

P:M N-air ftw.

nope

big boss.
nope

maybe DLC for mewtwo. And snake, who is quite unlikely at this point, sadly...unless you meant DLC.

Burden of proof counters that argument. irony intended What stops a rampaging Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Blaziken? How do you beat SwagKey? How can you survive Scarf Kyogre's Water Spout spam?

There is literally no answer to the first three. The latter-most is only stopped by a handful of Pokemon that're just as broken as Kyogre itself is: which is to say, you only stop it at the cost of using broken overpowered legendaries of your own. That's a great cost.

In Pokemon, there're tons, and I mean tons of game-breaking strategies... and not just strategies, tons of overpowered Pokemon in general. Half of which aren't even legendary.

Sableye can do a decent job of countering Kangaskhan, though if holds off on mega evolving and Power Up Punches Sableye, it's screwed, so it's not surefire. Some Own Tempo Pokemon, especially Avalugg, can counter SwagKey pretty well. Giratina can counter Blaziken. Abomasnow, Gastrodon, Ludicolo and some other things can counter Kyogre. Not arguing with your point, just correcting you. That's still a really small list of counters and half of what I named isn't even good.

"Tons" of game-breaking strategies? Sleep spam, endless battle shenanigans with leppa berries and other things, SwagPlay, Moody, evasion spam, and a few others are all that come to mind for me.

Last edited:

none of that is relevant to a discussion with a casual about the validity of competitiveness lol

I can counter what you just posted with stuff 'bout the difference between checks 'n counters, opportunity cost in countering the big 'mons I've listed, and metagame stagnation all I want, but those concepts are way too abstract t' form a proper argument with. My points are all intentionally relative because a casual can't argue competitive points, and it'd be pointless to open up such discussion.

Why would he get his balls cut off for revealing he voices a character in X? Well, maybe the people he works for are harsh, but still.

A similar thing happened last year where someone asked the Xeno creators' wife about info on X and responded that she'd have to kill them if she told him, and then posted some 80's movie clip in jest. The twitter link I posted about it disappeared as well.

Cap Falcon be patient he announce soon after all he has on SSB 1 on 64, Melee and Brawl

and they have nt announce Ness him yet and earthbound bound is on wiiu virtual console now to buy after all he has on SSB 1 on 64, Melee and Brawl
and Game and Watch who at the end of pacman video, after all he has on SSB 2 Melee and Brawl

Back