the ~Ask Anyone Anything~ thread

Phills. :p

Question- Where did you go to college/want to go to college/are you going to college, and why?

Architectural Engineer. Means dual major. 1. Architect Designer and 2. Structural Engineer.

Because I feel like it.

What type of email do you use?

I didn't ask what you wanted to do in college...good try though.

I was looking for specific colleges.

O. School of Mines Colorado. One of the best engineering colleges. :D

Question to anyone-

Who will win the World Series?

Phills. :p

Question- Where did you go to college/want to go to college/are you going to college, and why?

U.C Berkley home of the Golden Bears (in California) because it's a badass college with a great football team. I also heard that classes are videotaped and streamed online so if you are absent you could see what's going on online.

I went to Cardiff University. They have a good astrophysics course.

Am I the only awesome person who has friended everyone I share a name with on Facebook?
I was very surprised to learn someone on Facebook does have the same name as me. I haven't added him though.

Last edited:

to you say you went to a big college with that advanced of a course and then look at your avy... the two don't seem to mix well now do they?
Well I could replace it with a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram or something, but that wouldn't be as funny.

Speaking of astrophysics, I'm the only person in my HL (Higher Level) Physics class who chose to do astrophysics as an option. Andddd I'm pwning it. You'd be proud, Kyle.

I'm going to be doing medicine at the University of Adelaide.

to you say you went to a big college with that advanced of a course and then look at your avy... the two don't seem to mix well now do they?
Well I could replace it with a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram or something, but that wouldn't be as funny.

Well what's not funny about
HR%20diagram%20NAU%20bt2lf1509_a.jpg

Does anyone watch the The Big Bang Theory???

Napalm you have to watch it. Like have to. It's just great. Also you can explain the chicken joke to me-

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTBmwt34uM[/ame]

Also you can explain the chicken joke to me-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTBmwt34uM
It's a slightly different version of the old "spherical cows" physics joke. It's based on the fact that physicists often like to simplify problems (through approximations and assumptions) where they can in order to make calculations easier (for example, you've probably come across the concept of a "point mass" when doing physics in high school). In particular, spheres are the nicest objects to work with from a physicist's point of view.

Also you can explain the chicken joke to me-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTBmwt34uM
It's a slightly different version of the old "spherical cows" physics joke. It's based on the fact that physicists often like to simplify problems (through approximations and assumptions) where they can in order to make calculations easier (for example, you've probably come across the concept of a "point mass" when doing physics in high school). In particular, spheres are the nicest objects to work with from a physicist's point of view.

:O

Words cannot describe.

Is it really necessary to learn about all that useless crap? Novas, supernovas, ect and all that useless **** that you will never see in person. What are the chances of any of us being an astronaut? I hate learning about stuff that I won't need in life or is just useless >_<

Is it really necessary to learn about all that useless crap? Novas, supernovas, ect and all that useless **** that you will never see in person. What are the chances of any of us being an astronaut? I hate learning about stuff that I won't need in life or is just useless >_<

You're too practical and immediate. Broaden your horizons a bit and dream a little. It's the first step to doing or percieving something new.

Before you say there is nothing new, think. It's new to you, right? Therefore it's not the same as someone else's accomplishment if you've got the heart.

I'm feeling optimistic today. Can't you tell?

Oh, this is useless, but ghost hunting with dodgy cameras is so much more useful? Look, I think it's interesting. If you don't like it, don't learn it then.

Oh, this is useless, but ghost hunting with dodgy cameras is so much more useful? Look, I think it's interesting. If you don't like it, don't learn it then.

Well that's the thing, I don't want to learn about it but in school I have to learn about it. It's not like I want it's because I have to. There are many sruff in school that you never need in real life or use in everyday situations.

Well that's the thing, I don't want to learn about it but in school I have to learn about it. It's not like I want it's because I have to. There are many sruff in school that you never need in real life or use in everyday situations.
Pretty much everything you do in school will be end up being useless to you when you're older. The point is to get a diverse and varied education in school so you know what to expect from different subjects, then later you choose a particular subject and study that in more depth (e.g. in university, or an apprenticeship).

GC, what course except for Astronomy *makes* you learn how to read the luminosity of stars? It's not a required course.

As Kyle has said, it's just there to introduce you to something that you may not have been exposed to otherwise. It's not useless necessarily, you now know more about that subject then a large percent of humanity.. simply more knowledge to add to your brain.

Back