The marijuana thread.

(i'm on page 8 now... had a few more comments)

oh, and those who listen to their government and base their own morals of what to put into their body better realize they're actually listening to the lobbyists in congress winning the votes and keeping revolution down.

Marijuana was made illegal because the cotton, and oil industries realized the damaging effects hemp fabric and hemp seed oil would have on their business. Even in WW2, hemp was allowed to be grown again and propaganda films were made for American farmers to grow hemp for the navy. The sails, the anchor ropes and all the ropes on the ships were hemp because of it's incredible strength.

Hemp is cheaper and so much more efficient of a fiber that cotton is.

Stop blindly following your government that has continually leading off the path of righteousness and look up the facts for yourself. Everyone here obviously has internet access. How about using it to educate yourself on the issues and gain knowledge from all perspectives.

...The government is holding back your marijuana revolution? Anarchist much? xD

I kid. But really, you painted a nice picture, but you're forgetting that the vast majority of Americans are idiots. You're obviously a very responsible, uh, pothead, but I would find it hard to believe that a significant portion of the, uh, pothead community, is as responsible and thoughtful in their endeavors as you are. So, having said this, I don't think it's so outrageous to think that marijuana could possibly be a gateway drug.

Blindly following the government? I think that the government knows what it's doing. It doesn't purposely ignore the advice of people if there is an issue it will be dealt with. I hate people who think that the government are so powerful so they just do whatever they want, it actually tackles issues to help people. Keeps things in order. I would think that's what it's for. There isn't enough solid evidence to prove that marijuana should be legal for anything other than medicinal purposes.

Believing that there would be an increased use if something is illegal is pathetic. Absolutely. There are people who wouldn't go near it sheerly because it's illegal. You're talking about alcohol being banned in like the 20's when the law actually couldn't handle that much. You don't think it has improved in a way at all?

Abuse of any drug leads to problems, if you don't abuse it, there's pretty much no problems at all. You think that if we make every drug legal then people will only use an amount that wouldn't be considered abuse? No. People aren't like that.

Oh, and, second hand smoking damages people too. Kthx.

(Ok, i'm on page 10 now... a few more Points)

The issue about the laws is true. It's not really legal anywhere. I've been to Amsterdam, got some good pot/shrooms stories from there. They tolerate the "soft drugs" or organic drugs, pot and mushrooms. In England when i was there, they actually allowed frech mushrooms to be sold in headshops, but apparently they couldn't be dried/prepared for ingestion. However, signs were posted that soon they wouldn't have been allowed to even sell em fresh, so we had some there too while we could ;)

Just like in Amsterdam, I have been to "Cafe"s where you are allowed to smoke pot/cigs on their patio in the back. They have bongs and vaporizers for you to borrow just like in Amsterdam and they sell food, drinks. They just don't actually sell the weed in the establishment. However, it has been tolerated in Canada nearly as much as the Netherlands.

In recent court cases that made it to the supreme court of Ontario (not the Supreme court of Canada till it reaches its next level of appeals by the procecutor), it was deemed that the "smell of burnt/burning marijuana" is not constitutional grounds to search a person/place as it is only evidence of marijuana that had existed, and the implication of current possession no longer exists. Also, before that there was a case that made it to the same court of ontario that found it unconstitutional to make pot illegal for the masses, and legal for medical use, however the "coalition" (i forget the proper name for it) that was formed to provide marijuana to the medical patients was only public policy and not public law. And since there was no souce for medical patients to recieve marijuana from a legal source, the laws regarding the illegality of weed were found unconstitutional.

This has not yet been appealed by the Supreme court of Canada which would make it binding precedent in all courts of canada, essentially legalizing marijuana, because the government is afraid that they will lose the case again in the highest court of canada and implicitly legalize weed. So this currently means that the courts of different provinces are free to set their own precident still. (Ironically, the judges decision on the latter case was influenced by a similar finding by the judge of the Supreme court of a seperate province (i forget which).

Needless to say, it isn't as simple as it hurts people so the government made it illegal. There are obvious indiscrepencies between that approach and what they've actually done. Don't trust them at face value. Lean for yourself.

Believing that there would be an increased use if something is illegal is pathetic. Absolutely. There are people who wouldn't go near it sheerly because it's illegal. You're talking about alcohol being banned in like the 20's when the law actually couldn't handle that much. You don't think it has improved in a way at all?

Abuse of any drug leads to problems, if you don't abuse it, there's pretty much no problems at all. You think that if we make every drug legal then people will only use an amount that wouldn't be considered abuse? No. People aren't like that.

Oh, and, second hand smoking damages people too. Kthx.

Second hand smoking is a pointless issue to bring up... illegal in public kthx.

I'm talking about the obvious negative consequences of prohibition in the 1920's, it still applies today. You cannot ban a substance with an inflexible demand, prohibition is proof of that. It just starts organized crime. It has not improved all that much, there are still gangs selling drugs. I'd like to bankrupt them.

There are soooo many drugs that are being abused, most of them legal. Why should this one be illegal when the negative consequences of abuse are far less then that of pretty much every other drug?

What makes a stoner a criminal? Why should someone be thrown in jail for doing something that harms no one but themselves?

Smoking weed is not a criminal problem. It is a personal problem.

Blindly following the government? I think that the government knows what it's doing.
lol. All I gotta say to that.

Last edited:
So about the argument regarding health problems from weed, weed can't do **** to you unless it's in heavy, abusive amounts. My dad is a guy who obviously isn't right in the head and you'd know this, if you knew him. He always blamed it on ADD from when he was a kid, but then he enlightened me about his childhood a few weeks ago. My dad was an active drug user. Everything under the sun. However, for twelve years, he'd be doing pot and now his brain is FRIED. I'm 14 and I can be more responsible than him.

Really,the only thing that rant is supposed to prove is that weed wont hurt you unless you abuse it.

My dad also told me (not sure if this is totally reliable though) that the reason why the government made weed illegal is because they make so much money from drug busts and fines that they would make less off of taxes? Not sure how reliable that is.

There's also a place in the United States known as Oaksterdam. It's in California and one educated man found all the loopholes in the system, and now the city Oaksterdam is located in is the easiest place to grow, smoke, and sell pot.

So about the argument regarding health problems from weed, weed can't do **** to you unless it's in heavy, abusive amounts. My dad is a guy who obviously isn't right in the head and you'd know this, if you knew him. He always blamed it on ADD from when he was a kid, but then he enlightened me about his childhood a few weeks ago. My dad was an active drug user. Everything under the sun. However, for twelve years, he'd be doing pot and now his brain is FRIED. I'm 14 and I can be more responsible than him.
I'd bet you it was more than just pot that fried his brain if he was an active drug user.

My dad also told me (not sure if this is totally reliable though) that the reason why the government made weed illegal is because they make so much money from drug busts and fines that they would make less off of taxes? Not sure how reliable that is.

There's also a place in the United States known as Oaksterdam. It's in California and one educated man found all the loopholes in the system, and now the city Oaksterdam is located in is the easiest place to grow, smoke, and sell pot.
The numbers might be similar. If they were making the money off taxes though they would be screwing over a lot less people.

Oaksterdam is the perfect example of how legalization can revive an economy. The only reason the DEA hasn't went in there and busted everyone(they could if they wanted to) is because if they did the economy there would go straight to hell.

Exactly, Chewy. And plus all the loopholes that were found, the DEA still needs to find the perfect reason.

And possibly you're right about more than the weed frying his brain. That could be true; nevertheless, the only long term drug he was on was pot. My dad stopped the other stuff quick. Some of his friends aren't so lucky though. He's told me about times where he'd be at work, and his buddies would be snorting a line of coke in the middle of the job. Drugs like that really **** people up.

Who the **** cares about the side effects, the whole point of weed is to help you not care about all the shitty things.

It certainly is a "gateway drug" for most of the reasons you posted.

However I agree 100%. Its the users who allow themselves to go from occasional pot smoking to trying other things.

I've done it once, and havent touched it since, Im not saying I wouldnt, but it wasnt like the next day I was craving that hit.

For this reason I see it as less harmful, and more 'useful' than cigarette smoking, as long as its done in moderation. You dont get a high from cigarettes, just cancer.

I saw this thing on youtube where people post facts. I would rather smoke weed then smoke cigs. Weed is like alchohol. It effects your brain. If it becomes legal they should make a fine like "If you smoke weed while driving or before you drive its a $1,000 fine or 1 year in jail". I dunno thats an example.

"Deaths per year resulting from alcohol: 100,000
· Deaths per year resulting from tobacco: 430,000
· Deaths per year resulting from aspirin: 180- 1000
· Deaths per year resulting from legal drugs: 106,000
· Deaths that have ever occurred in direct result of Cannabis: 0 (that's right zero)
let us smoke WEED!!"

LOL touche old man...touche.

And it is true...no ones died directly from pot smoking.....

However all those people that died of "smoking", didnt breathe in a cigarette and suddenly drop dead...they died from illnesses (most likely) related to their previous smoking.

So if you are high, and you do something stupid which causes death........have you in theory died from smoking pot? *eerie sound*

I know I couldve potentially died, I was wandering around and ending up in places I had no idea of where I was...so anything could of potentially happened...

I'd rather smoke pot than cigs... But why not smoke nothing? :idea:

I'm just saying that cigs are more deadly then pot. Even on penn and tellers BS show they said that there are 0 deaths resulting in weed.Whats really funny is that a professor was arrested because his son had a rare disease where he was in a lot of pain. Would not eat or sleep. Well he gave his son weed and he was happy and ate and slept well. He was arrested for trying to keep his son alive. Now I am not a pot smoker and many drug test will show I have not done it. I have quite a few friends who do. I know no one cares if I do or not but I am just showing reaosns why it should be legal.

So if you are high, and you do something stupid which causes death........have you in theory died from smoking pot? *eerie sound*

I am 23 lol. What you just said there sound like the age old question "If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it does it make a sound"? I have done salvia and I do it with a sober friend. Like I said beofre treat weed like alchohol. If you wanna do it make sure you have a sober friend to guard you. Also second hand smoke is part of the stats or should be.

Back