The 'Official' Post-Game Thread!

oh

I thought you were talkin' 'bout deliberately waiting at a fixed/probable spawn areas, camping patiently, and murdering 'em as soon as they appear. I don't consider the examples you listed as spawn killing; or at least, not the bad kind. In those situations, luck is the reason it's happening, not malicious playstyle. Someone's gotta die, so it might as well be who's the quicker draw.

Differences in gaming communities' definitions: always sparking pointless discussions. :lol: I'm a veteran of Red Dead's competitive team modes, and the most infamous known spawn killing method is a certain map where control of the cannon means you can spawn kill roughly two people each time ya bloody fire across the map, since there are only two spawn locations for this particular map in this particular team mode. Guarantees victory for whoever grabs the cannon first. Poor map design, to say the least... Another map has a very similar problem, though only half as bad. At least they give you a sniper to take the bastard off the cannon if they miss their shot.

Point being, Red Dead'ers refer to spawn killing as using predictable or even guaranteed fixed spawns and the lack of spawn protection/invincibility to gain a ridiculous game-breaking advantage. Anyone who participates in such skill-lacking debauchery is too bloody srs about the game, or a troll.

2. A guy joins the game, and you run like mad to spawnkill. This, I. Do. Not. Approve.

Second.jpg

Spawn kills? Ha...! This does not exist in TF2. There is only a spawn building where the enemy can't reach. Get an uber going and you can destroy any attempts at spawn camping.

Been meaning to find a relevant point to state TF2's brilliant spawn building system, but never did. Simple, and not even all-that inventive or genius, but so rare in use for multiplayer... The only time you'll see some spawn camping is when the skill of one's team is incredibly inferior to the other.

Which is to say, if they're too stupid to uber a heavy.

Funny story. I joined a F2P server. *laughs* But it doesn't end there. Simply put, we had almost half the team as spies, several snipers, and no medics. Never stood a chance, so I decided to go uber battle medic for shits and giggles.

Funny story. I joined a F2P server. *laughs* But it doesn't end there. Simply put, we had almost half the team as spies, several snipers, and no medics. Never stood a chance, so I decided to go uber battle medic for shits and giggles.

i have no idea what you two are talking about. that doesnt matter though, all i want to say to try and end the spawn killing is, i do it for the lolz, not because it pisses off the victim, but because i find it humorous for my own reasons. if you get pissed bc of it, then you are taking the game too seriously.

if you get pissed bc of it, then you are taking the game too seriously.

Replace "it" with whatever grievance people spout all the time (high tier weapons, camping, the topic at hand, etc.), and you've got 99% of multiplayer gamers. :lol: Either they take gaming (or a game in particular) too seriously, or they easily get angry over stupid things for stupid reasons.

GE has one of the worst spawning systems there...
It's so easy to spawn lock.

"Spawn lock"... Need to remember that term.

But really, no spam system is as bad as MW2's. That one ridiculously small map, Rust... Oh god, the glitches, the spawn killing/locking, the gayness.

Okay... I apologize then, but I didn't mean it to be disrespectful. I was just basically trying to say that it isn't very nice when people spawn kill. You just don't get that fair chance to shoot back... they kill you on the spot. I don't see the purpose of both parties having fun, at this point.

it isn't very nice when people spawn kill.

Yep, that's the gist of it. Unfortunately, competitive online multiplayer games will never be fair so much as half the time... Most deaths in any shooter are because you looked the wrong direction first when breaching a room simply by bad luck, because you clipped your hitbox a centimeter out of cover, because of lag, because of a million johns everyone has to give two shits 'bout and lose the fun of the game for the bullshit of the game.

Point being, you get bullshitted. A lot. It's unavoidable. And sometimes in ways you may perceive as "rude". Even so, gettin' annoyed with it means you won't enjoy the game as much as ya could. And if you're playing a game for any reasons other than enjoyment, said person is doing it wrong.

... Though, I can understand why anyone would lose sight of fun when they're gettin' spawn locked.

Back