tutorials

T

The_Loose_Cannon

although alot of the members and staff appreciate everyones effort in taking their time to make tutorials, its begining to get repeative to think your work will be stickied.

i dont know what all of you really wish to accomplish but theres only so many sticky requests i can fulfill. it seems the design forum is getting the most of these requests though. it started off small but there seem to be more tutorials in that subforum than any other.

we as a forum need to figure out what to do with all of these tutorials. for once im out of ideas......a subforum for all the tutorials is way too stupid. we just need a way to limit these

The_Loose_Cannon said:
although alot of the members and staff appreciate everyones effort in taking their time to make tutorials, its begining to get repeative to think your work will be stickied.

i dont know what all of you really wish to accomplish but theres only so many sticky requests i can fulfill. it seems the design forum is getting the most of these requests though. it started off small but there seem to be more tutorials in that subforum than any other.

we as a forum need to figure out what to do with all of these tutorials. for once im out of ideas......a subforum for all the tutorials is way too stupid. we just need a way to limit these

I just thought a subforum in the design lounge could work, it could house the design one's and some other design related subjects, but the problem is its only controlling the design lounge.

I'm pretty sure those of us who post in the design lounge and create signature tutorials don't expect to get them stickied. Basically they are just tutorials to give tips to other graphics artists on how to improve their work etc..

Easy answer:
Make ONE 'Tutorial List' sticky that contains links to all the tutorials. Any official tutorials will just be referenced to, rather than stickied.

Can someone make a Tutorial about how to make a tutorial? Cause I'd like to learn how to make one... :tard:

A tutorial about making a signature or one of the forum tutorials? Because both are quite different...Also I kind of doubt a tutorial would be made on "how to make a tutorial.." because there really isn't any steps involved other than the fact the people who make them use what they have learnt to relate it to something on the forum.. An example would be my "Guide On Posting". Basically I used information I knew about on becoming a better member and added some forum guidelines and html codes. Along with a description of the forum rules.

Last edited:
dakuda said:
Many of the ones that are stickied are pretty useless. How to bump a thread? How to start a 'good' thread? If you don't know how to do that, get off the Internet.

very true but still you get people who are not completely “forum savvy” and need to be reminded of common procedures. so where some may sound useless to you and me, it just saved some n00b from being flamed.

also prez, look at the design forum, you'll notice that syntax did what you said. later on either today or tomorrow, ill start with his idea and tackle site feedback.

Syntax said:
A tutorial about making a signature or one of the forum tutorials? Because both are quite different...Also I kind of doubt a tutorial would be made on "how to make a tutorial.." because there really isn't any steps involved other than the fact the people who make them use what they have learnt to relate it to something on the forum.. An example would be my "Guide On Posting". Basically I used information I knew about on becoming a better member and added some forum guidelines and html codes. Along with a description of the forum rules.

I was joking :tard:

:lol:

Back