WiiChat is a forum!

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Some of the new members we get no matter what the time, come here and seem to think this is a Chat room and not a forum. They post saying Hi is anyone there, no one responds right away, so they keep posting and become bored so they leave never to return.

They have some similarities but there is a difference.

So rather than have that happen, I wanted to help those people out..so that we don't miss out on interesting new members.

Definition of Forum:
An Internet forum is a web application for holding discussions and posting user generated content. Internet forums are also commonly referred to as Web forums, message boards, discussion boards, (electronic) discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, fora (the Latin plural) or simply forums. The terms "forum" and "board" may refer to the entire community or to a specific sub-forum dealing with a distinct topic. Messages within these sub-forums are then displayed either in chronological order or as threaded discussions.

Definition of Chat Room:
Online chat is a way of communicating by sending text messages to people in the same chat-room in real-time. The oldest form of true chat rooms are the text-based variety. The most popular of this kind is Internet Relay Chat (IRC). However, there are also talkers and havens. The popularity of these kinds of chat rooms has waned over the years, and IRC's popularity has rapidly given way to instant messaging. Also a notable number of people were introduced to chat rooms from AOL and web chat sites.

Brandon with all due respect I doubt that is the problem, I don't think they are expect a chat room but think a forum faster paced.

If you see people doing this just send me a private message and I'll deal with the situation. :)

Syntax said:
If you see people doing this just send me a private message and I'll deal with the situation. :)
am i not good enough to have a PM sent to me? you bastard! lol anyways this does annoy me alot. i think it may have something to do with the quick reply feature because in a way it makes it seem more like a chatroom than a forum

Mitch2025 said:
am i not good enough to have a PM sent to me? you [STRIKE]bastard[/STRIKE]! lol anyways this does annoy me alot. i think it may have something to do with the quick reply feature because in a way it makes it seem more like a chatroom than a forum

Who the hell is this guy?

He swore! *reports*

Cpt.McCloud said:
Who the hell is this guy?

He swore! *reports*

I'll get right on it..

"You are not authorized to ban users who are not considered normal, registered users"

Thwarted by the Mod Control Panel..

On topic..

I doubt that this is due to the quick reply feature..

Syntax said:
I'll get right on it..

"You are not authorized to ban users who are not considered normal, registered users"

Thwarted by the Mod Control Panel..

On topic..

I doubt that this is due to the quick reply feature..

Mitch isn't considered normal?

I Agree.

Don't give them an excuse for having poor posts and bad grammar.

Back