wow, this is crazy

tdog7

Banned
Aug 5, 2007
Concord, Ca
Wii Online Code
7914-9240-2291-0710
found this article, it's related to PS in general, so i thought i post it here. If this isn't the right place, please move to where it's supposed to be, thanks

Corey Ryder, a 17-year old from Maryland, allegedly attempted to hire a hitman to murder his parents after they denied him access to his PlayStation.

Apparently Ryder spoke with an individual that he believed to be an assassin, offering the "hitman" his father's pickup truck in exchange for murdering his parents. The "assassin" was actually an undercover cop who'd been alerted to Ryder's intentions by the mother of one of Ryder's friends. The mother had heard Ryder speaking about murdering his parents and set up the sting.

Ryder's murder attempt was due to his parent's confiscation of his game consoles, his grounding, and a ban on television.

Holy crap. That's the text book defintion of a sociopath. Glad they got him at an early age before he could kill anyone. Props to the parents for having the balls not to look the other way.

wow...

he shuda just sold his dad's pickup truck XD

but yeah... FPS on consoles are going a lil over control >.>

Wii Gamers (notice the pun) play party games and occasional shooting games, but dont let ourselves get too hardcore and depressed over that kind of stuff.. at least im speakin for myself o_O

AtomicB said:
This is rather common.
i hope not, why do you sy its common? i've never heard of a child hiring hitmen over a game console! but yes people hiring hitmen is pretty common

That is the worst kind of act that anyone can do. How can you even try and arrange, let alone think about arranging a hit-man to kill your parents?
They are the very reason that you have set foot into this world, and for that, you are bound by eternal gratitude as far as I am concerned.
These people need immediate help.

A few crimes are committed yearly that are soley game related. Which means those people will probably break the law on something else, if games weren't a factor. It's such a low minority. This pales in comparison to the masses that die from drugs, gangs, boredom (people that do stupid crap and end up dead from it).

no, the fact is that some people do not have the mentality needed to play games.

we live in a ****ed up world. It has always been that way. There are some who lose touch with reality, and often parents can be complete idiots. In this case you have a kid who loses touch with reality and is a bit off in the head. He clearly was self-destructive as he didnt even think it out. This is also part due to many emotional disorders that plague societies around the world.

But if you want to know whats really crazy.... try putting meat on your nads and walk around naked in a lion's zoo cage.

Shiftfallout said:
But if you want to know whats really crazy.... try putting meat on your nads and walk around naked in a lion's zoo cage.

you wouldnt need the meat, you are meat to lions

Back