wow, this is crazy

he will be out when he is 21

remember, discipline your kids, often and repeatedly!!! :yesnod:

By the time he gets out he won't need his PS3 anymore....PS6 will be out!.

That kid needed to get smacked in the head a bit.

did anyone else feel like someone was standing behind you while you were reading this? this is totally creepy, what kind of person would do such a thing over a hunk of plastic!

what is the world coming too?

i guess the 17 year old dude played too much gta? :lol:

Jafoob said:
what is the world coming too?

i guess the 17 year old dude played too much gta? :lol:
Lucky he was locked up before GTA IV came out then :lol:

Read about this awhile back, pretty sad to be honest. I say it's from bad parenting, not so much a dumb kid. Clearly he's spoiled.

Things like this has happened for all 3 systems.. Nintendo boy stabbing his brother in the chest.

Or how about that one kid who punched his mother and a cop in the face because he couldn't play Halo 3?

Joystiq said:
We know intense sessions of Halo 3 tend to bring out the worst in the players susceptible to bouts of anger, racism, homophobia and mental ineptitude, but a TCPalm news story still manages to surprise with its tale of a boy launching a melee attack on his own mother. According to the report, the parental units made the grievous error of informing their son that he had to say goodbye and goodnight to Halo 3 for the evening. When the youth failed to comply, the parents removed the "aircard" (we had to look that up) from the console, resulting in a disconnection from the internet and apparently, civilized behavior.

The report states that the youth responded by searching the house for the device, punching his mother and then locking himself up in his room. After the unimpressed parents rang the police and pointed deputies to the door, "the juvenile allegedly responded with profanity," presumably some variant of "GTFO noob deputards lol." In-between unlocking the door and finally slapping on the handcuffs, the youth managed to append one officer of the law to his dubious list of punched authority figures.

This should be a wake up call to parents everywhere.

The TV (or game console for that matter) is not a substitute for parenting.

The reason these kids are acting out in such violent and obscene ways? Hmmm..I dunno... How about because up until they point of the incident (intervention) they allowed that kid to do as he pleased.

If you give a kid a choice of either immersing themselves in the land on Halo or doing their chores, or going outside obviously they will pick the first choice. After a period of time they become so dependent on that artificial reality they will do anything to keep the dream going.

Parents need to realize the responsibilities they have once they buy their kid a game console:

They are responsible for teaching the kid the difference between make-believe and reality.

They are responsible for monitoring their child's behavior whilst playing these games,(hey moms instead of bashing halo 3 why not play a few rounds against your son? you may actually get what all the fuss is about.) both online and off line; so as to intervene if you see bad habits forming.

I just find it funny how parents are quick to pass the responsibility of raising the kids off to the media (television mostly), but then are so fast to demonize that same media when their child neither knows nor respects them.

Halo is not an acceptable substitute for parenting. The sooner parents figure this out the sooner this behavior will end.

Master777 said:
QFT. As a Nintendo person...i wouldnt do something like this. lol

But a nintendo kid already did something like that. He stabbed his bro a few times so he could play nintendo "my turn style".

Back