you people need a reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Loose_Cannon said:
true true, they are in the designated subforums, its just wtf though. seriously its in the lounge where its suppost to be BUT its just so irrelevent that it lounge material itself doesnt even belong! see what i mean?

i know you didnt, it has nothing to do with you. it was around the time you asked me to ban you. i dont mention names. im not that type of person but those of you know what happend. i was mad at ONE person in particular, the others it wasnt their fault either as they were trying to "teach" this problem child. but even so it just caused more bad than good

it is. youre posting too much spam. this is a verbal warning. anything more you will be issued a no posting ban

Can do TLC, just trying to get my post count to 666 do i can do my name change :D (thats ok right? I wont get banned for that?)

I see nothing wrong in threads about Religion and other intellectual subjects, I notice that Squall7 for example loves the likes of a indepth debate about his views with others (such as Haz which I noticed they had :)), and I don't think these kind of threads should be stopped just because minority are ruining for them/us. If certain members are spamming, being harsh about peoples views and such, they should be dealt with (as I sure they are), but I don't think it should be stopped based on them.

Wiired said:
I see nothing wrong in threads about Religion and other intellectual subjects, I notice that Squall7 for example loves the likes of a indepth debate about his views with others (such as Haz which I noticed they had :)), and I don't think these kind of threads should be stopped just because minority are ruining for them/us. If certain members are spamming, being harsh about peoples views and such, they should be dealt with (as I sure they are), but I don't think it should be stopped based on them.

see thats why i dont name any names. even so, they are the smart ones. but for every ONE smart poster, there are 50 more that come out of the woodwork to show off their stupidity. SO unforunitly they have to go.

and yes, members that do cause those types of problems often do get banned. so they are delt with.

so you can blame the bad apples for ruining the intellegence on wiichat. i know who the smart ones are.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
uhm no.

use common sense again. i made a post to i0n in staff chat saying that the religion threads were causing hate fights. i0n doesnt want them. THEREFORE the rules must be followed and enforced. SO what does that leave me to do? ah thats right delete and get rid of them! yes so smart!

so before you be judgemental, and hmmm seeing as how youre so
familiar with the forum setup, what if those topics were in your lounge? im sure youd be POed. but what do i know again, these are kids, you deal with adults....shucks i must be wrong again

oh goodie i can use the wiichat "ROLLEYES" icon that we have now

:rolleyes:

I am using common sense. Reading this rule, which has the only mention of the word 'religion':
3. No Flaming
Flaming is defined as personal attacks or insults on another person regarding the persons religion/views/knowledge etc. Though we encourage healthy discussion and debate, a certain point comes in which an insult turns personal, and this is strongly discouraged via both public forums and the messenger. Reports of such abuse will usually result in a warning; multiple abuses will result in a Ban.

Religious topics are OK, as long as there are no personal insults. Personally, I don't care if you allow them or not. If not, the rules need to be rewritten. A policy decided upon within the moderator section does not mean that everyone else knows what is going on.

We allow religious/political threads to continue until they degrade. Some never do. I am just using your own rules here.

As for the smilie, I did not feel like hunting for one when I already knew where one was. That is the second time you have mentioned it. Is it that big of a deal?

dakuda said:
I am using common sense. Reading this rule, which has the only mention of the word 'religion':

Religious topics are OK, as long as there are no personal insults. Personally, I don't care if you allow them or not. If not, the rules need to be rewritten. A policy decided upon within the moderator section does not mean that everyone else knows what is going on.

We allow religious/political threads to continue until they degrade. Some never do. I am just using your own rules here.

it was discussed with EVERYONE. when someone makes a post on religion i usually almost always write why it was locked. so they should know by now. its been a good couple of weeks almost a month if that, where religion hasnt torn up memebers. wii_smurf and ottoman are 2 classic examples (just to finally name names)

As for the smilie, I did not feel like hunting for one when I already knew where one was. That is the second time you have mentioned it. Is it that big of a deal?

yep thats right i can mention it again if you prefer

Last edited by a moderator:
it was discussed with EVERYONE. when someone makes a post on religion i usually almost always write why it was locked. so they should know by now. its been a good couple of weeks almost a month if that, where religion hasnt torn up memebers. wii_smurf and ottoman are 2 classic examples (just to finally name names)

yep thats right i can mention it again if you prefer

Apparently, since I was unaware of the rule change, it was not discussed with everyone. Why not adjust the announcement with the rules so that all the new members are aware as well? Would that be too difficult.

As for the smilie, I will be certain to use them from elsewhere on every time I choose to use one. Just think -- I am saving the site bandwidth costs.

bananasmile.gif
bananasmile.gif
bananasmile.gif

dakuda said:
Apparently, since I was unaware of the rule change, it was not discussed with everyone. Why not adjust the announcement with the rules so that all the new members are aware as well? Would that be too difficult.

As for the smilie, I will be certain to use them from elsewhere on every time I choose to use one. Just think -- I am saving the site bandwidth costs.

bananasmile.gif
bananasmile.gif
bananasmile.gif

i use my own smilies all the time they messed up by not having this one
wtf.gif

Pretty much every forum on the net eventually ends up with political/religious threads. There's only so much gaming-related stuff we can talk about, so eventually we're bound to talk about other issues, among them politics and religion.

Personally I don't mind such threads. Apart from a few racist comments they make for some interesting debates. Yes, the England thread got out of control, but it was all clean and within the rules except for one poster (in retrospect, I think Jill's right, I probably was wrong to fuel his fire). Unfortunately there's always going to be one or two bigots, but a little friendly debate never hurt anyone.

dakuda said:

bananasmile.gif
bananasmile.gif
bananasmile.gif

thats because the problems havent surfaced since youve been around. this was before you so obviously you wouldnt know.

as for making an announcement, that would be i0ns call. im not admin.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
thats because the problems havent surfaced since youve been around. this was before you so obviously you wouldnt know.

as for making an announcement, that would be i0ns call. im not admin.

You joined in Jan 07, I joined in Jan 07. The difference here is?

My member number is 14912, where as yours is 11878. That is couple week's difference. I am sure every problem did not occur within that time frame. Since most of the signup on this board was prior to Feb (going by the member count, and it was cose to the release of the WIi), surely I was around for the same issues you were.

Last edited:
IN order to be a good poster you must undertand others and in order to do this you must relaize one thing. (In my own words) Reality is simply one's perception of the world so what is real for some may not be for others. However in order to have reality you must never belittle the realities of others and without reality there is nothing.

Basically you must realize that some of the psoters may be of a certain race or age. And while you have a right to your own opinions it is not necessary to swear to point them out. Also while everyone has a defferent religious opinion it is simply not a good idea to talk about it on a forum because, Wile you may have done it with little though, you could offend someone.

If your opinion offends one person out of many, would you really not give it anymore? Please drop a little political correctness and get some reality here. Sometimes people are so politically correct that they lose sight of what is actually real.

That's my opinion... anyone offended? I don't care. See?:wink:

Of course there is a big difference in giving an opinion compared to attacking someone else. In this case it is just good manners not to.

I love how the thread about the ignorance present in internet based arguments has itself regressed into another internet based argument. This is ridiculous, people, and frankly, you all look stupid for taking part in it.

Of course, I commend Loose for her efforts to stop this farce, but one must realize that there are simply too many idiots out there to justify punishing the intelligent for attempting to carry out an intelligent discussion. No matter what rules you set up or how you try to enforce them, there's always going to be one more douchebag to come disobey them.
Again, I commend the effort, but it's not going to solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back