Your Views on Proper Grammar?

Ah, Monsteroids hit it on the head! PURPOSEFUL misspellings are what get me especially. I can handle common acronyms, but dropping letters for the hell of it makes no sense to me. It just screams lazy to me.

If it's of any consolation, if you're lazy in other ways, I'll not talk to you too.

Grammerz?!? LOLLZ! None evr leik tipes wth right grammer is 2 hard!!

Seriously, just roll your face on the keyboard when you type to have that happen.

Al teh dum peeple saw u yousing grammerz and ran away, mustve ben 2 hard to reed. Gode thing i hav a grammer translaytr on mi desk!!!

I wrote that with my butt. I am still trying to figure out which one works better. Rolls butt on keyboard tickles my buttocks, but sometimes I roll my face on it too hard and get hurt.

Last edited:
I'm not the best person at all when it comes to Grammar, I just do my best and make sure it can be read by others.

I just can't stand when people don't use punctuation, like periods or commas and just have run on sentences after the other.

I know you guys LOVE me talking about us all the time, but grammar really makes a difference.

Back when I didn't emphasize grammar so much, I was loathed. I grew out of it, became a (semi) more intelligent poster, and her opinion of me changed immediately.

Dakuda, that's a great find!

From Now On When Postng In Teh Lounge I Wil Ues Thes Transla2r 2 Speak It In!!!!! Lol

I make a couple of grammar mistakes but When i see some it doenst really affect me if u can still rread it like if they are trying to say
How are you doing
and write
how ru duing
^^ U can still read it so it doent affect me but if they write link

owru doign
Or
40w r u d0746
hOw ArE u dOiNG

those get anoing ^^^^

I dont really care about grammar

dakuda said:
It often seems as though people use this web page before they post here:
http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html

Holy cow thats fun.

A sentence from a paper my friend wrote:

In its broadest sense, science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") refers to any systematic knowledge or practice. In its more usual restricted sense, science refers to a system of acquiring knowledge based on the scientific method, as well as to the organized body of knowledge gained through such research. This paper focuses on the more restricted use of the word.

Translated:

IN ITS BROAEDST SENS3 SCEINC3 (FROM DA LATIN SCEINTIA MEANNG KNOWLEG) R3F3RS 2 ANY SYSTAMATIC KNOWLEDGA OR PRACTIEC!!!!11 IN ITS MORA USUAL RESTRICT3D S3NS3 SCEINCE REFERS 2 A SYST3M OF ACQUIRNG KNOWL3DGE BAESD ON DA SCEINTIFIC MATHOD AS WEL AS 2 DA ORGANIEZD BODY OF KNOWLEDGA GANEAD THROUGH SUCH RASEARCH!!111 OMG WTF THES PAEPR FOCUESS ON TEH MORA R3STRICTED UES OF DA WORD!1111!11!

Holy cow!

"I freaking suck monkey assholes at typing and am a failure at life. I'm fat, stupid, and I live in my grandma's basement using a computer without any skill whatsoever. I'm going to kill myself now."

Translated:

I FR3AKNG SUK MONKAY ASHOL3S AT TYPNG AND M A FALEUR3 AT LIEF!1!1111 OMG LOL IMM FAT STUPID AND I LIEV IN MAH GRANDMAS BAESM3NT USNG A COMPUT3R WITHOUT ANY SKIL WUT!!!1!111! OMG IMA KIL MYSELF NOW!!11!1! WTF

Last edited:
I understand that some words are hard to spell and that the backspace key is all the way over there --->. But i cannot stand someone that makes a thread asking a question that is just jiberish(<--- hard word example) If i can read the post, i'm happy. What gets me more pissed than someone using bad grammer is someone that corrects a person who used their or there or they're in the wrong context or many other similer examples. It's and internet forum, not and english paper.

Even though it's a forum, people still have to read what you write. It's easier to read if it's in proper English. And it's easier to be taken seriously if you don't write like a 6 year-old.

Back