Your Views on Proper Grammar?

Using proper grammar, puctuation and spelling does make posts easier to read. I really don't mind to much if the sentence structure isn't perfect as long as what you're typing is readable. Typing "Hi, how are you today?" as : "HI HOW R U 2DAY ???!??!? OMG LOL" adds no meaning to what you're trying to say and subsequently makes it harder to read.

Correcting posts that only have small errors seems a bit pedantic though. It's easy to not completely focus on what you're typing and write "their" instead of "there" or "to" instead of "too".

i also dont like people that use words i gotta google like "pedantic"
haha just kidding...err...

fertogo said:
I make a couple of grammar mistakes but When i see some it doenst really affect me if u can still rread it like if they are trying to say
How are you doing
and write
how ru duing
^^ U can still read it
so it doent affect me but if they write link

owru doign
Or
40w r u d0746
hOw ArE u dOiNG

those get anoing ^^^^

I dont really care about grammar

You aren't getting what we've been talking about though. It doesn't matter if "you can read it either way"...Grammar is meant to be used. You sound a whole lot more intelligent as well if you type/talk correctly. When I talk to someone online (people who don't know me yet), they instantly assume that I'm around 16-17 years old. Ya know why? Because I talk like a mature teenager. I don't talk like I belong in a Special Ed class for Grammar Usage.

Sometimes my friends outside of the internet call me a "loser" or something because I don't talk like they do. Who cares though? I'd rather be the person who speaks intelligently..Not the person who gets responses like, "Huh" or "I don't understand". Believe me, I've done that to my friends and I'm sure some others have just asked themselves, "Wtf" after they got an IM from a friend who DOESN'T use acceptable grammar.

I'm sure that there are some flaws in the above paragraphs but ya know what? It came off as intelligent and I doubt many people had to go back and read a sentence again.

The reason I'm restating a lot of what has already been said is for two reasons:
1) Some people still don't get it even after five pages of discussion.
2) A little reminder of what's been said so far :lol:

If you took the time to read my somewhat redundancy, thank you.

Btw, Fertogo, You should care about grammar. It is very important. Imagine you used the grammar you are now on a resume, a business letter, or a typed essay. Surely you'd try to be as legible and grammatically correct as you could but if you don't practice good grammar, you can't expect to use it efficiently when you do.

Brawny said:
Back when I didn't emphasize grammar so much, I was loathed. I grew out of it, became a (semi) more intelligent poster, and her opinion of me changed immediately.

So...If I improve my grammar far beyond your own I'd get a new girlfriend. Date the person with the best grammar!

No you weren't loathed at all, you were loved the things that got you loathed were when you went off on tangents and completly blocked out people who liked you therefore look how things changed.

Cpt.McCloud said:
So...If I improve my grammar far beyond your own I'd get a new girlfriend. Date the person with the best grammar!

I wish life was that way. Haha.

Ashwii00 said:
I wish life was that way. Haha.

I was talking about a certain some one but hell, we'd have a planet of high educated people just so they can get laid:scared:

lol at this thread.

Its not too big of a deal for me. Rather than taking the mindset of 'I can type how I want,' I think of it more from the viewer's perspective. I believe that someone who types excessively poor has little respect for his or her peers, who have to endure said typing. Either that or they're an idiot and can't type worth ****.

Respect.

I suppose mines ok, sometimes I can't be bothered to use full stops or other grammical things..

I Hate It When People Type Like This
or lik dis
OR LIKE THIS

Cpt.McCloud said:
I was talking about a certain some one but hell, we'd have a planet of high educated people just so they can get laid:scared:

Smart women are attracted to smart men? YES. >>

We're just saying grammar is an indicator of intelligence.

Ah, I missed a post.

I tend to go all caps when I want to yell. Which it is universally known as, I believe.

Brawny said:
Smart women are attracted to smart men? YES. >>

We're just saying grammar is an indicator of intelligence.

Looked like Emma would go with however has the best grammar. Your words. *Insert ¬.¬ smiley here*
--
Sometimes using full grammar may help you generally improve mind wise, an example is I took a subject to study for a further two years and it is essay based so I may write up a few articles for another forum I go on. Just to help me improve for my essays.

Edited for Brawny's taste.

Last edited:
Back