A quick question i need you all to answer

pYRo

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Wii Online Code
2186-4201-2378-7021
Ok, I'm doing a science fair project, which is pretty stupid by the way, about building new roads. I need to get at least 35 votes before Tuesday the 15th. So please answer the question because it will be really helpful to me!!! :wink: :yesnod: :smilewinkgrin:

So here's the question: Would you be willing to pay higher taxes for better roads that wouldn't have to be repaired as much, meaning less road construction, no potholes, and maybe other advantages like more traction and a smoother ride?

Please answer either yes, no, or maybe. Thanks!

Yes- less road construction means that the people in those ambulances don't have to take a detour.

Yes - where I live theres always road construction going on somewhere or another on route to where I need to go, they've been rebuilding a part of a road near where I live for 3 months now and I have to wait a good 10-15 minutes in the bus to get through.

No. Studies in Ohio have already shown that with the current funding, we could get better roads such as you've mentioned. However, the road workers union voted the materials down specifically due to the fact that they would have less work, therefore less pay.

Not sure if you are aware, but road teams get paid only when they are "on-site" (unlike teachers who get paid all year since we really do do work when you all think we're not). During the "inclement" weather weeks, they are always granted unemployment and can keep the "on-job" benefits.

My sister-in-law is a road worker. It's sad how little work they usually do per hour. THEY have engineer who have final say over every aspect of a project (materials, personel, equipment, hours required/when/etc., interruptions which include everything from too much sun, darkness, cold, heat, wind, lack of wind, precip, traffic, etc.). She made $35us/hr to stand for no more than FIVE hours per shift holding a stop/slow sign. The other FIVE hours of her shift were for break/lunch/setup/cleanup/whatever. The site manager would always buy water/gatorade and snacks on the State's ticket.

Sometimes unions just aren't a good thing. And yes, my dad was a teamster for 37 years and I'm in a teachers union so I'm not an anti-union freak.

pYRo said:
Ok, I'm doing a science fair project, which is pretty stupid by the way, about building new roads. I need to get at least 35 votes before Tuesday the 15th. So please answer the question because it will be really helpful to me!!! :wink: :yesnod: :smilewinkgrin:

So here's the question: Would you be willing to pay higher taxes for better roads that wouldn't have to be repaired as much, meaning less road construction, no potholes, and maybe other advantages like more traction and a smoother ride?

Please answer either yes, no, or maybe. Thanks!
Hell no.

The Waluigi Mobile doesn't need roads!

waluigimobileuq3.jpg

Wiired said:
Sure I'll help out.
No - because I feel their are more important things that I'd be willing to rise taxes for (such as more hospitals), over roads.
:)

QFT =]

Frummage you make me lol :lol:

Sovieto said:
-no (fix our schools first, they need books, AC, and other suppliez)
A/C... haha.. gimme a break. It's already bad enough that we're enabling future generations to be candy-asses. No running, touching, yelling or anything fun on the playground anymore. Heck, lots of schools don't even have playgrounds anymore. I graduated in 1988 and only the "inside" rooms, those without windows had A/C. Only kids who complained where the mommy's kids or those more concerned about their hair/makeup/clothes than actually doing school work.

The fact is MOST schools don't need A/C. Only those where the interior temp gets over 90 should waste the money on it. Bring back the days of allowing shorts and t-shirts and that'll solve most of the problems. There's much more important things to spend that money (and maintenance money) on.

Now, books and supplies, yes. I completely agree. The district I teach at (not my employed district) is going to be out of money if the upcoming levy doesn't pass. If that happens they're going to cut all sorts of things. Here's the sad part.

Eliminate 13 administrative staff for $944,245.00
Eliminate 105 certified (teachers) staff for $4.9million
Eliminate 74 support (custodial, drivers, food, maint) for $628,878.00!!!!!

That should give everyone the idea of the problem. Avg salary for district level staff is $72,634. Avg for teachers is 46,666. Avg for everyone that keeps things going is 8,498!!!!!!! This is in a "well to do" district in Ohio. One

Sadly, the ones making the most usually are working the least number of hours. I know this for a fact. This is very common across the K-12 world. The suits make way too much money for the return. The ones working their butts off don't make enough.

No. The healthcare system needs that money. Contrary to what a lot of Canadians force themselves to believe, healthcare here ain't ~all that~.

NORWAY FTW.

Back