Abortion: Right or Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody says that the main reason abortion is caused is because the Mother is not "ready".
If your ready to have sex and deal with the consequences, than you should be ready to have a child. You wouldn't even move out and take care of it by yourself , you would still be living in your father and mother's house.

We have a fundamental disagreement in that I think that you should be able to have sex without being prepared to raise a child. It's a big ****ing commitment and I don't think you appreciate how devastating short and long-term it can be for a teenager just starting out in the big, wide world.

Sex before marriage is considered "bad" too, just like abortion, so they shouldn't be doing it in the first place

Please just answer the question. All you seem to be doing right now is avoiding the question.

I'm noticing a disparity.

Why does everyone say "it takes two to tango" and such, but the moment she gets pregnant, it's all the woman's decision?

*Back to the shadows*

I'm noticing a disparity.

Why does everyone say "it takes two to tango" and such, but the moment she gets pregnant, it's all the woman's decision?

*Back to the shadows*

Probably because it's the women who have to deal with actually having the baby...

Don't inflict your crazy beliefs on others, please.

that's really stupid of you man, it's like you saying abortion is wrong, am I not entitled to my own view?

And Syntax, why should I answer that? Sex before marriage is considered wrong like abortion (not saying that I wouldn't have sex before marriage)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sex before marriage is considered wrong"

He has stated his opinion as opinion. You are stating your opinion as fact.

True, but I stated earlier that they shouldn't have been doing it in the first place. And how old would this person you are talking about be Syntax?

that's really stupid of you man, it's like you saying abortion is wrong, am I not entitled to my own view?

And Syntax, why should I answer that? Sex before marriage is considered wrong like abortion (not saying that I wouldn't have sex before marriage)

The scenario I mentioned above a simple what if situation and all I ask is that you attempt to answer it, not avoid it. It's still a question. And once again, you're avoiding it. If you can't answer a question that may conflict with your beliefs then there really is no need to debate this. If you want to make a strong argument you're going to have to at least try and answer some hard questions or questions which may conflict with your beliefs.

Also, not everyone here holds onto the same strong religious beliefs as you and sex before marriage may not be considered a wrong doing.

Okay, I'll answer it. I have to admit I would agree with abortion in this situation, but its still wrong.

Also when I did my assignment, I had to refer to bible passages. And since I'm Christian Luke chapter 1: 36, 41 we were told that Elisabeth conceived a "son" and that the "babe" leaped in her womb. He does not say the "fetus" leaped in her womb. So in God's eyes an unborn babe and newborn babe are the same.

True, but I stated earlier that they shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

Yes, and you're stating your opinion as fact again. You can say "I don't believe that people should have sex before marriage", but your beliefs don't dictate how people should live their lives.

AND LOL AS IF THE BIBLE MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back