Anyone agree Metroid Prime series crushes Halo series ?

Dude you are clueless

Sovieto said:
youre completely stupid
if it wasnt for halo you wouldnt be playing metriod prime on the GC the way you were

Both Xbox and Gamecube came out within' days of each other in november of 2001, and even though Halo was a launch title, Metroid Prime was already in development for almost a year and half when the nintendo team first received the development kits in the beginning of 2000.
Infact i have the Game informer magazine with Metroid Prime Preview shots to prove it, and the mag is prior to xbox and gamecubes release
So how the hell is Halo responsible for Metroid Prime being the way it is when the game itself was nearing the end of development and getting ready for release.
Sovieto get your facts straight before you post replies dude, you make yourself sound like a novice.

Last edited:
I would have to say that Halo beats Metroid by a long shot due to its online play
and campaign...but thats just my opinion. Different people like different games..

Sovieto said:
youre completely stupid
if it wasnt for halo you wouldnt be playing metriod prime on the GC the way you were

i bet i would, considering it's different than halo in the first place and there were FPS's before halo believe it or not, it's not like halo affect cs:s and that's my favourite fps of all time

If by "crushed" you mean "sold way fewer copies" then I would agree...

Personally, I'm not a huge Halo fan, but after playing Metroid Prime I won't be playing the second or the third.

Halo's Quick Devolpment over Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime is a good game but one thing to take into consideration is that Metroid Prime has been out many more years then Halo and Halo overall is much more enjoyable. Online Play, Audio Communication, and just cool. My first System other then the SNES was the XBOX, and I was going to get a XBOX 360 but I decided that the Wii better suited my needs. Anyways, with the release of Halo 3, Halo is probley the better series but if Metroid Prime came out with a game that had all the feature of Halo, like chat and online play, it could end up being better then Halo. Though this would probley not be done. At this time Wii has no feature like audio or video chat or online play. This would more then likely require a lot of work to develop a system that would run off the Wii and allow such a feature. Also with Microsoft being a computer company thay have access to stuff that Nintendo doesn't. Miscosoft preety much owns the computer industey. So HAlo will probley always be ther better series but in the eyes on true Nintendo fans it isn't and as the war between consoles contiunes it depends on what you want. Also please note I am not sure if Halo 2 has Audio Communication. I'm preety sure it does and if it doesn't then Halo 3 will plus who knows what may be revealed. With Microsoft in control of our computers we can't be quite sure what could be next.

CantGetAWii said:
I've never played metroid 1 or 2, I want to try 3 really bad.
I've only played the halo games, so I guess I can't make a good choice considering I haven't played metroid, but right now I would say halo is better.
I agree.
Halo has always been a pretty good fps. Multiplayer on those games has been incredible compared to any other fps i've played.
and I've heard Metroid has a good compaign and is a good game even if it's multiplayer isn't on par with Halo's.
But I'll definatly be getting Corruption.

Metroid prime series crushes Halo series in regards to?...Asians who prefer it?

Because definitely not in current popularity or sales.

We are talking about consoles over here right? I'm sure large majority of people agree fps are the PC's turf. Pioneering the genre since even I was a child. More on subject here, I believe Halo dide good by finalling getting a good control scheme that worked. In that regards it can't be compared to the wii by any means. The honesty truth is hardcore fps shooters will continue to rely on high graphic systems, simply because that's the standard there. I personally don't think I could play anything on wii due to some standards; fast paced game (Doom), Carful Shots (Counter-Strike Headshots).

decisions, decisions.

halo or metroid?

well, i loved the original halo on the xbox and still play it on a regular
basis. halo 2 sucked goats gonads in campaign mode. i got bored
shitless by the time i'd reached the aztec type level. i haven't really
touched it since except when i'd set up a LAN between my xbox and
xbox360 to play against the kids.

metroid? well the first one was great and tbh, i think i preferred it to
halo (1) but for different reasons. i've always liked the exploration aspect
of the metroid series, and the fact that they managed to (imo) superbly
transform it into a 3D FPS type of game made it all the better, especially
as the framerate pissed on halo's from a huge height, which is incredibly
important for first person perspective games.

but at the end of the day, they're both different games. metroid is a
3D platformer with FPS bolted on, halo is a FPS full stop.

each can happily co-exist with the other imo, so lets just enjoy the merits
of both.

Yeh, i aggree Metroikd is way better than Halo, the only reason to why Halo has been such a great success is its multiplayer functionality, where Metroid somewhat lacks. If however Metroid were it improove its multiplayer functionality it would surely, enough in my opinion much better than the Halo series

Shift, you have to remember that every console has its fanboys.

Both series are great. But, Halo's multiplayer puts it over the top. That's huge replay value right there that Metroid Prime simply does not have. There's no shame on Metroid Prime's part as Halo is one of the best, if not the best current series in gaming. It really changed the industry when it came out.

Metroid Prime 3 should be a fantastic game. If the controls are done right it will be a big hit. Halo 3 will also be a fantastic game, but it will most assuredly do better than MP. Really, why can't people just enjoy both sets of games?

I prefer Metroid, but then again I thought Halos single player was very boring and very easy.

i agree with Zurukea, i prefer the first metroid prime more then halo, but i think that MP2 & maybe MP3will never be as good as halo, i am also gettin a wii. XD

Theres two reasons why one wouldnt like metroid.
1. to hard
2. dont like the genre.

And i dont really think they can be compared as metroid is more like a FPA.

But in my opinion i prefer metroid.

Back