Anyone agree Metroid Prime series crushes Halo series ?

FR3344LL said:
decisions, decisions.

halo or metroid?

well, i loved the original halo on the xbox and still play it on a regular
basis. halo 2 sucked goats gonads in campaign mode. i got bored
shitless by the time i'd reached the aztec type level. i haven't really
touched it since except when i'd set up a LAN between my xbox and
xbox360 to play against the kids.

metroid? well the first one was great and tbh, i think i preferred it to
halo (1) but for different reasons. i've always liked the exploration aspect
of the metroid series, and the fact that they managed to (imo) superbly
transform it into a 3D FPS type of game made it all the better, especially
as the framerate pissed on halo's from a huge height, which is incredibly
important for first person perspective games.

but at the end of the day, they're both different games. metroid is a
3D platformer with FPS bolted on, halo is a FPS full stop.

each can happily co-exist with the other imo, so lets just enjoy the merits
of both.
Listen to this guy people he knows what he talking about!
Its True everything. Metroid is a totally differnt game that people always seem to think is the same genre as Halo.
Play Halo then play metroid...there tottaly differnt!!! Youll notice a huge difference.
I like Halo better than metroid but thats because of the gameplay.

wario2ooo said:
if metroid 3 is going to be online, which i heard that it will be, it will still beat halo 3
Oh and srry but its not online...

Nfanboy said:
Metroid is awsome. I have Metroid Prime 2 and I really liked it. My friend told me that Metroid Prime 1 was MUCH better, but I still like 2.

Metroid Prime 3 looks really fun, and i might get it.

Halo has terrible 1-player, and I play 1-player a lot, and I will not get a game that has terrible 1-player like halo.

Metroid Prime 3 will be better than Halo 3
uh.. Halo 1 had a great campaign... are you insane... anyhow you might be thinking of halo 2, some people tend to think it has bad campaign but i liked it alot.

Last edited:
thats why i put "i heard", but still, its going to be a great game, same for halo since im getting both of them

i'm sorry people but metroid doesnt come on Halos radar let alone beat it

Now if you said SSBB or Halo
I'dchhose SSBB but not metroid
Come on ppl!!

couldn't really tell ya that iv'e only played 1 metroid game[not including ssb's games], yet iv'e only played 1 halo game? hmm...i don't know?

I played both the metroid prime games and i have played both the halo games. My conclusion is that Halo's campaign mode could be better and so could metroid prime's story. Multiplayer wise halo destroys metroid prime. I have also felt that the locking on feature in metroid prime games isnt really a fps thing.

Halo? Metroid?

Seriously, I played Halo 2 and Metroid Prime for the first time pretty close to each other. I concluded that consoles are simply not fit for FPS. For all you people who hold up either of these as great FPS's (and there is an argument that Metroid Prime really isn't an FPS), you should try Unreal Tournament 2004 on a good PC with keyboard and mouse control. I've seriously had the most fun playing onslaught on UT2004 than with any other FPS, console and PC.

For developers that want to make a great FPS on the Wii, there are some absolute necessities:

1) Forget shimmering lakes, fur rendering, or light bloom, make antialiasing and anisotropic filtering along with draw distance priority number 1. Things have to look crisp and sharp as they possibly can. 480p could look like 960p with the right combination.

2) Forget about using the Wiimote as a mouse pointer, just smooth out the motion vectors and up the sensitivity of the controller until someone can spin around twice before recentering. Firefights shouldn't have pointer missing errors. Flicking the remote should provide enough acceleration to make space available (just as flicking the mouse on a desktop throws the cursor without having to reposition the mouse.)

3) Fast simple online play is a must, along with plenty of maps and modern play types. We don't just want capture the flag, we want to capture waypoints like Battlefield 1942. We want to assault bases like with Unreal Tournament.

4) Old FPS's had strafing, running and jumping. We want to dodge for cover like with Gears of War. We don't want to have to bunny-hop everywhere either. Give us counters to melee knife and sword weapons. Give us rolling dodges, wall jumps, and dives.

5) Ultra-realistic-gore used to be fun, now it's boring. Give us some fun ways to die. Ragdoll physics is yesterday's news. Let cartoon physics rule. Someone walk right off a cliff? Let him dangle there for a bit so we can watch him realize what he did before he plunges in. Leave a pair of smoking shoes after a grenade gibs someone at close range. Slice someone in half? Let the legs run around uncontrolled. Let us experience the joy we had using the shrink ray and stepping on our enemies in Duke Nukem 3D.

They are both huge games in their own way, im sorry to say this.............................but The Halo series crushes the MP series with their insanely frantic multiplayer online!
And in order for MP to keep up with that, it needs good online!
Which is what Nintendo itself needs to offer!

Flagel said:
I played metroid prime 2, and I thought it was a bit meh.
I have played halo and halo 2, and they are incredibly meh.
Anyone who says halo redefined shooters is an idiot.
If anyone would like to pm what halo did that was so groundbreaking, I would be much obliged, as it just seems to be another generic space shooter, but because it is the best generic space shooter on consoles everyone loves it. Its like the little bit of sweetcorn in a turd. It is still part of a turd.
It was the control scheme for halo that redefined what a console shooter could be. Grenades with the left trigger and guns with the right. Zooming with the analog stick buttons. From what i remember of shooters before these controls had yet to happen. Now they all try to copy or improve on what halo has done.

hogstralia said:
It was the control scheme for halo that redefined what a console shooter could be. Grenades with the left trigger and guns with the right. Zooming with the analog stick buttons. From what i remember of shooters before these controls had yet to happen. Now they all try to copy or improve on what halo has done.

Didn't the playstation have shooters before halo that used basically the same controls?

I will agree to that Metroid prime 1 and 2 was Extremely good games and one of those rare games that are worth paying for, i have not played any Halo game but i can say one wise thing about it all. Metroid Prime and Halo are FPS yes, but are they the same game? No. You cannot compare them cause one is designed first on another console and secondly they're designed for different purposes and did i mention, They're different games!

Quite sad and pathetic seeing people route for their games just cause they think x & x is better, i guess you either grow out of that when you grow a brain or most of the times grow out of your teens.. (maybe?)

Last edited:
umn i played both and i would say halo 2 blows metroid out of the park because of online play and other stuff but well see with coruption

Back