Did the wii live up to your expectations?

ally_uk

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Heya Ive been a lifelong Nintendo Fan since the Nes days.

The question I put to this forum I want to say has the wii lived up to your expectations

For me the anwser is no so far

Gameplay wise the only games I recommend are Zelda , Wario ware and Wii sports.

I played call of duty the graphics sucked and the controls were awful

As for Red steel the controls also were a major letdown

I'm not slanting the wii I mean Zelda was bloody excellent and I can't wait for Nintendo to start using the full power of the Wii

By why are they still releasing so much crappy kids games?

And why are the third parties making sloppy ports all the time?

Nintendo needs to start catering for the matture audience alot of people are slating the PS3 comparing the two sure the cost makes a difference but after witnessing the graphical capibilites of the playstation ( i'm not a Sony fanboy)
I grew up with nintendo i couldn't help but being gob smacked

And with games like GTA 4, Resi evil 5, Gran turismo Hd, Final Fantasy 13, Tekken 6

Should I invest in PS3 or wait until the Nintendo wii picks up a bit

Sure we have Metroid, Mario Galaxy , Smash Bros

But hey I wanna see some new games

Like Punch Out Wii , Double Dragon Wii

And much more better graphics

I know the children audience makes up for alot of overall sales

But come on Nintendo sort out some decent 3rd and 1st party titles and I don't mean Sonic

I've always liked Nintendo, my last Nintendo consoles being a Sega (Years and years back) and then more recently (yet again a few yeas ago) a Nintendo 64 which I loved.

For me, the Nintendo Wii has lived up to my expectations, I believe that in the long run its going to get the games I needs to build up Nintendo's revenue and get more people to buy it, the PS3 looks an amazing piece of gaming hardware but with the price its going o loose out but with alot of the main games on the playstation series Nintendo is going to have a few problems.

What Nintendo have to do is set themselves a few projects with revolutionary games that we will all fall in love with. The new GTA etc. But this means they would have to take alot of time to make the graphics the best they can, the best controls and they will have it in the bag.

They have left alot of room for improvement and alot of legroom for them (The Wii Channels etc.) and being only in the first couple of months of release, the best is yet to come.

to the original question if its lived up to expectations -

yes and no :eek:ut: (way more yes though)

i agree, zelda is brilliant, i think the ways they have used the controls are good, subtle and not too mad movements needed. wii sports gives hours of fun (well hours if you have friends and family all playing) and i was pleased it was included. i actually like red steel alot, but was a bit let down with the sword fighting having so few moves..

the downside is the low number of games, but i think red steel seems a bit rushed, so i can see why they maybe dont wanna rush the other games, and give us excellent quality games

I think yes, it has. They've brought out games that has made good use of the controller, i.e Wario Ware. Ya'all gotta remember that it's only been out a few months, there's still alot more to come from Ninty.

We need more RPG's! oh well I can wait :D

The VC rocks for people who has played a game around his friends house but hasn't boguht the console (or the game) to play it to the fullest. Man I can't wait to play some of the N64 games, I'm loving mario 64 can't wait for that new mario to come out.

Since the pokemon game coming out in japan is going to be online play does that mean when pokemon comes to the UK it will be online ready or will we have to wait for it?

The news channel and forecast channels are useful for lazy people like me that don't wake up for the news lol. The everybody votes channel isn't bad pretty interesting on other peoples views on things.

Once online gaming comes wow, just wow its going to rock. Playing with a wii mote is alot better playing with a mouse in FPS imo.

Do you guys remember the launch of Nintendo 64? Do you remember how many games were available?

Two.

Just relax. There's plenty to keep you busy until the next wave of games.

the virtual console was a silly idea

I wouldn't depart with money to play classics

I'd jsut get a pc with emulators :)

As for GTA on the wii come off it the graphics would highly suck in comparison with the PS3 and Xbox 360

And Nintendo are not making a twighlight princess sequel lol

They are making a new zelda

In my case, I'd say that the Wii has indeed lived up to my expectations!

I'm not really a gamer. I only bought the Wii for our family (and also friends who visit) to enjoy. In fact, if not for the Wii then we wouldn't have any games console at all. If I would've bought an XBox or Playstation, only our eldest son (7) and maybe myself would use it. The simple reason is that most people (who aren't into video games) can be bothered to sit down and fiddle with controller pads for hours on end.

So far, the family (myself included) has had lots of fun with the Wii and it's definitely a big attraction when friends come to visit (even more so when we have parties). The games are short and the control mechanism is easy to understand (what could be easier than swinging your arms?). This means anyone can play and you can quickly take turns.

Sure, the Wii can't compete with the XBox 360 or PS3 in terms of raw processing power but it's obviously not meant to. The Wii was designed to appeal to a broader market. Of course, Nintendo needs to address the needs of the true gamers and I believe they will. Firstly though, I think they need to capture this wider target group.

Considering the fact that I (and I guess others like me) have bought a Wii and that I'm happy with it, I'd say Nintendo has succeeded.

if you dont like the controls to Call of duty 3, its probably because you CAN'T AIM.

COD has the best first person shooter control scheme for wii, hand down. The graphics are bad because it is just a PS2 port with wii controls.......like most of the games that are out right now. Patience is the key here. Good games are coming.

The more I play the wii the more I like it. I agree that we should all give it some time to really show it's capibilities. As for game selection it is not a issue for me as I missed out on almost all Nintendo games in the past.

When can we really see what the wii is capable of graphically

is it twice as powerful as the gamecube?

imagine resident evil graphics times 2 then

when people say controls suck, what they really mean is that they are so **** at the game they have to put it down to something wrong with the game and nothing wrong with there shitness.

Last edited:
Back