Do you think the FPS genre will survive?

brian15 said:
has it been confirmed that Medal of honor vanguard will be online?

Nope :/

But if they don't make it online it wouldn't be bought.

I think FPS games are going to flourish on the Wii. i mean i have red steel and its not the best game ever at all but its fun when you start playing multilayer you have so much fun, at least that has been my experiance

Nick111 said:
No offense, but don't get your hopes up to much.
If you noticed... this is the first year Nintendo has taken this step.. if you look back at their old systems.. its all party/kid/fun games... they are finally starting to get war games (COD3/ sports games (madden)
NINTENDO is making a come back bitches
Better watch out :)

**cough** Golden-eye, perfect dark **cough**

ok, so not alot, (im sure there is more) but goldeneye was one of the biggest most played games of its time.

**edit**
Oh, and on another note i think that the Wii will be a hot spot for FPS, its the first games console where you can move around and aim accurately without having to use two damn analogue sticks... not that i cant use them,,,, but it is nowhere near as good as pointing a "gun" at the screen to aim. (hence the numerous different gun attachments and things like that for previous consoles.... but this one doesnt need one. lol)

Last edited:
i hope it will grow and maybe bring CS/half life etc to wii with online play. that would be bad arse

FPS will always be around. Good and bad. As for red steel 2.. I believe they are still waiting on developers to jump in on the title.. I hope some good ones are in this time! lol

PersianCowboy said:
Rayman doesn't really count though. You can walk around, you just aim at the screen and shoot, thats what I've heard. Farcry sucks ass and doesn't deserve to be on the Wii. Cod3 is good, but now online play. Same with Red Steel but some mixed reviews on that game.

After the release of Metroid, and after that game shows developers how FPS's are done on the Wii, then you will see an explosion of FPS's on Wii. But until then, don't expect much. Metroid will set the standard for FPS's of the future.

WTF Farcry is heaps fun.. i have red steel AND farcry, and farcry is sooooo...soooooooo much funner, u feel WAY more in control than in redsteel,
the graphics do suck but its no were near the point were u cant play it.. just get past the first nooby half hour in Farcry and you'll be having a blast

there will be lots of fps for wii, its one of its strongpoints

ps: i own farcry and i like it

Last edited:
Nick111 said:
No offense, but don't get your hopes up to much.
If you noticed... this is the first year Nintendo has taken this step.. if you look back at their old systems.. its all party/kid/fun games... they are finally starting to get war games (COD3/ sports games (madden)
NINTENDO is making a come back bitches
Better watch out :)

most blindest comment EVER
i had a gcn and have TONS of fps and a few M. you dont know what your talking about, the Wii will have lots of M and FPS games -.-

First off, we need better graphics. The Wii is capable of much more than what we've seen. Th controls need an overhaul. IMO I think the cross hairs should remain centered and the Wiimote will rotate your entire view, much as a mouse would playing Counterstrike, or Unreal.. I think that moving your cross hairs to the side of the screen to turn in that direction is a terrible idea. Look how bad it works on Red Steel. If you move it over too far it disappears off your screen and actually ends up on the opposite side. Online and voice chat capabilities are a must. Halo, Counterstrike, Socom, all the major popular FPS franchises have great online capabilities and voice chat is such a great feature. And how about some beta testing? It's like Socom3. It was so buggy when it first came out, there were 3 major patches in the first month. Just because a console has online and can easily download software updates to fix problems, doesn't mean companies should release beta versions of games to the public and fix the bugs as they go. Take some time and release a good game.

So, for Wii to compete in the FPS market we need.

1: Better use of the Wii's graphical capabilities
2: WAY better controls
3: Online capability (which we know IS coming)
4: Online functions such as Headsets, ranking systems, friends lists.
5: We don't want no stinkin' Beta.

or at least that's my critical analysis.

tank said:
Oh and P.S.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IT'S "MORE FUN" NOT "FUNNER"

I've been saying that for years :)

Canumbler said:
And George dubwya has been saying "nuculer" for years but it doesn't make him any less wrong.

I was AGREEING with him. I was pointing out how many people I hear say "funner" when it's not in the dictionary.

Same goes for "yoo cutted me in da line."

Back