Do you think the FPS genre will survive?

Wattle said:
Just keep an eye out for Metroid, Call of Duty 4 (you know there will be one!), Medal of Honor Vanguard, and some other ones.
funsohng said:
call of duty 4...no just let infinity ward to finish the 3rd for pc

sorry, Not going to happen.
Call of Duty 3 will never hit the PC, but Call of Duty 4 will. EXCLUSIVELY. Therefore there will be neither a Call of Duty 3 for the PC, neither a Call of Duty 4 for the Wii or any other console. BUT Call of Duty 5 (which has already been "confirmed" [they said, Call of Duty 4 will be a fictional Game, but Call of Duty 5 will take place in WW2]) will hit every Platform again.

@tank

Word. But I want to add and change a bit:
1) Word. The Wii is cabable of graphics that PWN Halo2 or RE4.
2) As for your suggestion. Call of Duty 3 supports this option, but I don't own it by myself, so I don't know how good/bad those controls are.
3) Word. :yesnod:
4) Word. :yesnod:
5) Word. That's why I don't want an EA Game on my Wii :yesnod:

Of Course There Will Be Fps Games The Wiimote Is Like A Gun................................... Nintendo Also Made Attachments That Look Like A Gun!#@!#!@#!@#!@!@$!@$!@#$!@$!@#!@

cs to wii would be horrible online
theres never been many popular FPSs on ninty systems, because in the past ninty mostly makes the good games, which arent fpss (and if you beg to differ and say MP3 is a fps! then your wrong in your own "saying your a ninty fan" mind, cause its a First Person action game i believe)

Possibly some old school arcade games (I.E. Time Crisis) with that new gun style

Secumfex said:
Word. But I want to add and change a bit:
1) Word. The Wii is cabable of graphics that PWN Halo2 or RE4.
2) As for your suggestion. Call of Duty 3 supports this option, but I don't own it by myself, so I don't know how good/bad those controls are.
3) Word. :yesnod:
4) Word. :yesnod:
5) Word. That's why I don't want an EA Game on my Wii :yesnod:
WTF... WHY DO U KEEP SAYING WORK WTF IS WRONG WITH U

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=36100

Infinity Ward is supposed to be bringing Call of Duty 4 to the PC as well as consoles.

Call of Duty 4 is said to step away from the war torn locales of World War II, instead focusing on the battlefields of present day. It is unknown if it will take the same path as Electronic Arts’ Battlefield franchise, placing the spotlight on the Middle East.

So I think you are proven wrong Secumfex it is not fictional and will come out for consoles as well

HelpMeGetWii said:
WTF... WHY DO U KEEP SAYING WORK WTF IS WRONG WITH U
I said Word, but aside of this, I have no clue why I kept saying that :wtf:

@WiiZero
I may have messed up with the meaning of the word fictional, I didn't think of Science-fiction. I wanted to say that it would take Place in the present, but I'm not sure if it's based on history ( e.g. Middle East ) or if it's a (fictional) war like in BF2.
How ever, from what I have heard, CoD4 will be PC Only, as PC Gamers never got to play CoD3 ... or something... .... PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

And how would it not be a first person shooter? What would you consider it, adventure? Yeah, it has a storyline, but they also already announced that 3 would have a lot more fighting action than both 2 and 1, so I would consider it to be half adventure (with all the puzzles and whatnot) and half fps (because, when it comes down to it, yes, you are in fp perspective in the game, and yes, you do shoot people...er aliens)

Borch712ers said:
And how would it not be a first person shooter? What would you consider it, adventure? Yeah, it has a storyline, but they also already announced that 3 would have a lot more fighting action than both 2 and 1, so I would consider it to be half adventure (with all the puzzles and whatnot) and half fps (because, when it comes down to it, yes, you are in fp perspective in the game, and yes, you do shoot people...er aliens)
http://wii.nintendo.com/software_metroid.jsp

I rest my case, on the link the dude posted two posts up it says:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
genre: First Person Shooter

Back