Even Cockroaches Love the Wii!

Disturbed1

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2007
Concord, CA
Wii Online Code
7914-9240-2291-0710
You know, I can’t even quite figure out how to start this post, so I’m just going to jump right the heck in with both feet. Join me in the world of wacky, won’t you? Here we go — apparently, some Japanese mag named BARKS has recently published some sort of article which claims the the Nintendo Wii emits a sound when powered up which … are you ready for this? … falls right into delicate ears of cockroaches at a frequency they just adore. Yes, BARKS says cockroaches are attracted to the Wii.

Now I’m going to be perfectly up front with you here: I don’t read Japanese. You’re shocked, I know. So I’m trusting the word of Destructoid on this one. And just like the folks over there, I find myself more than a shade suspicious on this one. I’ve owned my Wii for over a year now, and have yet to see a single love-struck cockroach.* Any of you out there finding your living rooms infested by Wii-infatuated roaches?

*Or a cockroach at all, for that matter.

havent seen any pop up in my neck of the woods [ny].

i know they are out there, just hopefully not near my apt.

Yeah, I'm calling shenanigans. ;D
In my recently-moved-out-of room, there were quite a few roaches crawling around from time to time. And even more in other rooms. It was a big house, it's hard to clean.
Either way, I hadn't seen any roaches near my Wii when it was on standby mode or powered up.
But I've not had my Wii plugged in for months, so... Yeah.
But I'm pretty damned sure it's false. Numerous roaches crawling around, none by my Wii.

Hah. Nice post, though. Gave me a little amusement. >:3

someone already posted something like this a while ago. supposedly it's true. but not just with wii's. roaches are attracted to all sorts of electronics that make noise. or so i've heard. i haven't seen any though. *knocks on wood* :lol:

ew......now i got that bug crawling feeling
thanks =p
i think thats bogous.
but if it does then i want to see a cockroach tap dance when i start turning my wii off and on

roaches are one thing i do NOT do. if i ever see a roach in person id scream like a little girl and start doing that thing where u shake all ur limbs like theres a bunch of them crawling up ur legs/arms. hah

lol well if its true then i guess we all got a $250 roach destroyer huh? just turn it on, wait for the roaches and destroy them lol neato....i love it...

Thats kind of creapy..also how to you turn stand by mode off? (in other words how do you turn the Wii of completely?)

Yeah I heard about this before.
I am not really worried about it, plus its winter up here.
Bitterly cold most points, so if they want to come out and freeze their little roach butts off they can.

cassieboo said:
someone already posted something like this a while ago. supposedly it's true. but not just with wii's. roaches are attracted to all sorts of electronics that make noise. or so i've heard. i haven't seen any though. *knocks on wood* :lol:

Right on the nose here...it's not that cockroaches are attracted to the wii in particular, it's that they are attracted to electronics in general. Referencing Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel (season 1, episode 8 I believe), they like phones and radios as well - often times if you have an infestation and open up your phones and radios, you'll see evidence of roaches gathering in there. So it's not that they like the wii, just electronics in general.

right. well if i see one i'll let yall know
meanwhile im getting pesticide...

Back