Gears of War is Overrated...

NintendoGamer

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
I played GoW @ my friends house... I found it to be good, but not AMAZING like everyone was saying it to be...Rather I found NBA 2k7 online in a league and with friends much much funner

you gotta spend time with it and you will fall in love, you gotta have it to love it, i didnt think it was "that great" at my friends house but i trusted it would be awesome so then yah and its awesome

I also played it at my friends house for a good 3 hours, did some of the campaign, killed the end boss, then had a good 2 hour online game. Gears of war is good, but give me counter strike anyday.

My boyfriend thinks this. He got it for x-mas and he said that it was good..just nothing special..I think he was rather disappointed because of all the hype.

Ya...Sovieto seems to be the only one that really likes it... Iunno, Sovieto; you think almost all the 360 games are good when there not, and you defend 360 like its your baby, seriously get off microsofts dick. But ya counter strike > GoW anyday for me

I havent played it but I think from the looks of it it was probably overated....it also tried to overshadowed twilight princess back in 06....but I still think TP is still the best ****ing game around! Gears of War was probably just a game were a 360 owner could brag....but really we all know it was nothing special

totaly agreed with many
from my shop that gears of wars it very overated.
i have played the game and i think beside the very good atmosphere
is a very boring straightforward gameplay.
plus very short.i finished it in 8 hours.(hardcore)
hide and shoot.very heavy movements from the characters,
last ms have paid very much for this game's
promotion and now they havent paid yet the exclusivity of gears of wars 2
in epic,what a j......:devil:

yeah i played it once and it wasn't that good, the graphics were amzing though :yikes:

well the problem also is is you guys are mostly use to mario jumping around, and im sure some of you just say its overrated because its either A: you want attention B: m$ is against ninty so you want to put it down its killer app

most of you probably havent even sat down and started playing multiplayer, or you sucked and thats why you couldnt get into it

p.s. nintendogamer, i belive it was you who made themself look like a complete idiotic fool before and i think you have the least right to even begin to say anything since your name is even: Nintendo Gamer, dont you have something better to talk about? like the wii? there are a lot of bad 360 games, since when did i "defend" everyone and love them? i just mention the ones i like because why would i mention the ones i dont like

ok i bielieve that many are just saying things that even dont know......
but i can asure you that many members of my shop agreed with that opinion
about gears of wars.
the game is just a good game nothing more.
EDGE RATING 8/10 (BEST SELLING VIDEOGAME MAGAZINE IN THE WORLD)
EDGE RATING 9/10 FOR ZELDA WII
as for me?
i playing games since AMSTRAD 464 CPC.
i was playing goldeneye 4/player for 4 years and i can asure you that
since then i havent play a better fps/multiplayer on any console.
last NO ONE HAVE NOT EVEN MUCH THE GAMEPLAY OF MARIO 64. OR ANY OTHER TITLE OF NINTENDO.

gears i give a 7/10 and mostly because of graphics ..online play is meh...and gameplay is meh....that game is good at best...there are better games out there...i dont know what all the hype was about imo

Back