How long till you thing Sony makes a PS3 light

In saying that,a price drop is not a good idea, Then the price thats so high for Ps3,to sony was only right buisness sence, but with a price drop,they could make up for the profit gains their not achieving, right now selling in the thousands,a price drop would probably bring the figure into the millions almost instantly, thats the most realistic slide of a console strategy as the millions shifted would add up more than the thousands,$$$ Wise,assuming.

I don't think that a price drop would make any sense at all, because then they would be losing nearly double what they are now, just to make the price acceptable, and for each one they sell now, they have to sell around 8-10 games for each system, just to break even, with a price drop, they would have to sell 16-20 games for each system sold just to break even, and considering a PS3 game is going to be around £50-£60 each, because of the strange format of the disk, then with a price drop the comsumer would have to spend £800-£1000 on games... could you see yourself, or anyone you know spending that much on games? i know i couldnt...

The most likely plan in case of failure if either an affiliation with another company, do a "SEGA", withdraw from the market entirely and stick to what they do best, or a complete redesign of the console itself, to offer a cheaper, more profitable way to play, which would probably mean either omitting the Blu-Ray drive, or reducing the processing power of the PS3, completely destroying the original reasons someone at this time would buy a PS3, and rendering all the old games/movies completely unusable with the new system, and potentially ending their life as a console maker anyway, because of those reasons.

Mario Racer said:
lmao, so the rest of the worlds combined hardware and software sales is nothing? , go check some figures on the PAL sales.

If a system bombs in Japan and the U.S., it would take some spectacular sales elsewhere to make up for it.

xbox360 in Japan is geting outsold by GameboyAdvance, Yet its in the high 9 mills after almost 1 year on release,almost everyone i know has a xbox360, PAL sales helps Alot. And i dont think Sony will go the SEGA path,look at Gamecubes early sales,and it stayed alive, Sony has made a load of revenue from ps2, and ps4 has been already announced in its planing Stage. Like i said before,only time will tell.

Yes, I said if it bombs in the U.S. AND Japan. Naturally being an American company it bombed in the Japan where it's competitors hail. And I never said it would take the Sega route. My comment was on topic, meaning it was in reference to the idea of there being a ps3 light. That is usually something they do when they have good sales, not something they do to make up for sales.

Sega Route was in response to the reply before yours on page 1, and maybe, low sales doesnt mean a bad console, Gamecube didnt sell much in its early stage,does that make it a bad console? , No.

After March when its an even playing field,we'll see what happens.

Mario Racer said:
xbox360 in Japan is geting outsold by GameboyAdvance, Yet its in the high 9 mills after almost 1 year on release,almost everyone i know has a xbox360, PAL sales helps Alot. And i dont think Sony will go the SEGA path,look at Gamecubes early sales,and it stayed alive, Sony has made a load of revenue from ps2, and ps4 has been already announced in its planing Stage. Like i said before,only time will tell.

The gamecube actually had some quality games though... i've never seen that quality from Sony at all, apart from maybe the Final Fantasy series, everybody i know has a PS2, a couple of games that aren't really that good, and the final fantasy's... but they all also have a gamecube and at least 20+ games, which are all pretty good... apart from a few that suck so much, no-one can be bothered to take them back. Mainly the PS2 ports. See what i'm trying to say?
And it's not the gameboy advance, although it would be hilarious if the GBA was outselling the 360, It's the DS and gamecube actually, and they're outselling PS3 aswell, so don't try to change the subject

lmao, go check the sales over there,Gameboy Micro ( correction )which is a GBA anyways is outselling the xbox360, im to lazy to find a link,but its out there, and there you go again with the bias, No quality Games from Sony, define the word quality, and im not trying to change the subject,im responding to comments made on the side posted in this topic, obviously you guys are pro nintendo in every aspect, i like them all equally.

I stand corrected, but your last post just proves this guy's point...

vagrant said:
Yes, I said if it bombs in the U.S. AND Japan. Naturally being an American company it bombed in the Japan where it's competitors hail. And I never said it would take the Sega route. My comment was on topic, meaning it was in reference to the idea of there being a ps3 light. That is usually something they do when they have good sales, not something they do to make up for sales.

And you like them all equally? that isn't feasibly possible, because they're all different in different aspects... Plus, how can you like the PS3, Wii or the 360? according to your last posts, you don't own any of them, so i'm basing all your reasoning now on fantasism. You must experience something to be able to form a valid opinion, it's a fact of life.

*edit*I don't need to stand corrected, thanks Vagrant

Last edited:
Can I see a link? Because every site I have found has the 360 selling more in japan since it's release than gameboys since the 360's release.

Ill find a link now,i know i read it somewhere

ahh my bad,i must have read that the DS Lite was selling Xbox360,and when i read Micro was outselling xbox360 , must have been an early 2006 link,oh well

http://www.activewin.com/xbox/comments.asp?HeadlineIndex=37636

this link shows GBA outselling Micro anyways,but the weekly aint far behind.

But yeh,not to sway to far off topic

I dont think Sony shouldent dump Blue Ray, What is it, 20GB of Disk Space,as i said before, CG movies would be huge,a long ending in a game that you actually spent time on would be sweet,compared to the ending in games such as halo 2. Erm.

EDIT

When i said i like them all equally,i was adressing your " sony dont make quality games " remark, as i like Sony and Nintendo Equally,and your right,im yet to own the wii and ps3, but the software from Gamecube and Ps2 is not a huge leap as of yet. My points are very Valid.

Last edited:
Back