How long till you thing Sony makes a PS3 light

Mario Racer said:
I dont think Sony shouldent dump Blue Ray, What is it, 20GB of Disk Space,as i said before, CG movies would be huge,a long ending in a game that you actually spent time on would be sweet,compared to the ending in games such as halo 2. Erm.

*cough*BetaMax*cough*
but you wouldnt think sony should dump blu-ray would you? and it's 50GB not 20, at least for a dual-layer, and you're nto listening to any of my former posts, you just arent thinking of this from a business point of view, in case it fails. Do you think Sony would pour all the money from its other departments into just its game systems? it's not going to, that is just stupid. If the PS3 fails, it will, with a small margin for another route, go down one of the paths i have mentioned eariler, which would kill sony's market share, no matter which way it goes. Also for some light entertainment, go check out PS3's E3 videos, they are actually hilarious.... "RIDGE RACER"

Lmao, no restrictions with Disk Space is a positive thing, Freedom is what developers like from i read,its refreshing. Blue-Ray is the go.

EDIT :

Lol man,Im not interested in Ridge Racer,ATM,im only interested in Gran turismo on the ps3.

And i doubt You would know more than All the Executives Over At Sony HQ,Sony are not Green in the hardware market no more, but i guess personally it was a gamble with blue ray.

But yeh,this is getin old

Last edited:
Alright... i think its safe to say you've been defeated on this topic then, if i havent opened your mind a bit, then i'm sorry for wasting MY time, also, if you read any articles about programming for the PS3 then you'll know its absolute hell, and the "unrestricted" disk space doesnt mean jack, as most developers just plain wont be arsed to fill it up.

If we really needed more space, than Xbox 3 will have an HVD player, which can store up to 3.9 terabytes on a single disc and have a 1gbps access time.

Defeated?, you were trying to defeate me? LOL, its all opinions on open discussion, theres no winner or loser, your pro nintendo veiws against my non biast views is great.

But yeh, good point,Ps3 is hard to develop for, thats cancells out your post about watching ridge racer,as if the ps3 is hard to develop for,at this early stage,games wouldent look as good,assuiming that was what you were tying to express.

Mario Racer said:
Lol man,Im not interested in Ridge Racer,ATM,im only interested in Gran turismo on the ps3.

And i doubt You would know more than All the Executives Over At Sony HQ,Sony are not Green in the hardware market no more, but i guess personally it was a gamble with blue ray.

But yeh,this is getin old

I'm not saying i know anything more than "All the Executives Over At Sony HQ" i'm merely stating the main points about, but then they could just break the mould and prove us all wrong... wait a minute... hasn't nintendo already done that? I'm not a fanboy, but credit where credit is due.

Mario Racer said:
Defeated?, you were trying to defeate me? LOL, its all opinions on open discussion, theres no winner or loser, your pro nintendo veiws against my non biast views is great.

But yeh, good point,Ps3 is hard to develop for, thats cancells out your post about watching ridge racer,as if the ps3 is hard to develop for,at this early stage,games wouldent look as good,assuiming that was what you were tying to express.

I'm not biased, like i have stated beforehand, and got maybe one or two polite posts from yourself, and i'm not on about the graphics of ridge racer, i'm on about the sony Rep shouting ridge-racer non-stop. And i'm know the video's on youtube are edited,no doubt where you went for them. but he says it at least twice in the real E3 conference

lol,well sorry if i didnt seem polite,i wasent trying to be vulgar in any sence, i just like keeping an even playing field, as i dont see any huge cons from the ps3 console dispite the price.

And as stated,its opinion against opinion, I personally like Blue-Ray, You Guys Dont,nothing wrong in that.

Mario Racer said:
And as stated,its opinion against opinion, I personally like Blue-Ray, You Guys Dont,nothing wrong in that.

So explain how you like it? you may be able to turn some heads.
I personally liked it when it was an all-paper, all recyclable concept in 2003, but things seem to have changed.

Why I like HDDVD over blu-ray?

HD-DVD players at every place I found them in stores(Best Buy, Wal-mart) are like 200-300 less than the blu-ray player(s)

i read

"Sony is reportedly working on a quad-layer 100GB disc"

^ damn

"Technologically, the biggest edge Blu-ray appears to have over HD-DVD is that it offers 30 percent more capacity and is designed for recording high-def video. Rewritable BD-RW discs, with similar features to Panasonic's current DVD-RAM discs, can play back content while recording to the disc at the same time. Also, Sony owns Columbia Pictures and recently bought MGM, which gives it a leg up on releasing content. And PlayStation 3 certainly will carry a huge chunk of clout in the marketplace."

Plus i like the idea of the large ammount of Disk Space,developers if bothered to can cram anything they want with no restrictions,and without the need to do duel on the disks, altho vagrant has a good point of blue ray being more expensive, You get what you pay for. And yet price seems to be the only noted Con,And that goes for the PS3 aswell.

I would like to see Tekken 6 on these new formats with longer ending movies,be nice.

Blu-ray has 30 percent more NOW, hddvd has the next line coming out in like weeks. And wherever you read that, it must be some ps3 site.

Because wtf care if they have Columbia and MGM. MGM hasn't put out a good movie in a loooooooong time, nor has columbia really. MGM has been bought and sold more than Thailand women.

Mario Racer said:
i read

"Sony is reportedly working on a quad-layer 100GB disc"

^ damn

"Technologically, the biggest edge Blu-ray appears to have over HD-DVD is that it offers 30 percent more capacity and is designed for recording high-def video. Rewritable BD-RW discs, with similar features to Panasonic's current DVD-RAM discs, can play back content while recording to the disc at the same time. Also, Sony owns Columbia Pictures and recently bought MGM, which gives it a leg up on releasing content. And PlayStation 3 certainly will carry a huge chunk of clout in the marketplace."

Plus i like the idea of the large ammount of Disk Space,developers if bothered to can cram anything they want with no restrictions,and without the need to do duel on the disks, altho vagrant has a good point of blue ray being more expensive, You get what you pay for. And yet price seems to be the only noted Con,And that goes for the PS3 aswell.

I would like to see Tekken 6 on these new formats with longer ending movies,be nice.

... a Blu-ray writeable costs £20, how much will a RW be?... too much to be arsed with, especially with the cost of a writer, and the fact that about 3 100gb hard drives could be bought for the cost of the aforementioned, if not more.

na wasent a ps3 site,i dont want to gather biast info,i got it from Cnet with the tittle," blue Ray vs dhdvd..who cares? " i liked the title so i checked it out. And the 50GB has 30% over HDDVD right,what about Sonys reportedly quad-layer 100GB disc,if it even sees light,i hope so. But yeh,i can see how all this space is very unnessasary to an extent as it all wont be used,assuming, but it wouldent hurt.

Back